• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit 2020

Tagged most of what I'm growing. Plus 1 type of sweet pepper we call the Goat D, a crossed version of primavera jalapeno,shishito,and Purple Thunder.
Need to put everything up to 1 gallon pots. Only using 1 light so far. I have 3 each of the 15 types(some duplicates from different sources)and some backups.

pic upload

I have allergies out the ass to anything green, or anything resembling pollen but poison ivy I do not get, has been a godsend when I'm in the field on orders and we run out of gloves and have to treat like 50 soldiers.

Walchit said:
Got about 12 plants in so far, my garden is a shithole this year, and these kids havent given me a chance to get much done
Put the kids to work in the garden with you and at the same time teach them about growing food. When I was young(5 or 6 years old) we had to help in the garden, but only if we wanted to eat! As a side note, it also makes for good bonding.

Walchit said:
Got about 12 plants in so far, my garden is a shithole this year, and these kids havent given me a chance to get much done

I feel your pain... In the morning, my kids follow their school's distance learning project (schools closed due to COVID), but I always have to be around... Prepare dinner, and after that the daily thunderstorms arrive, which makes it difficult to liberate sufficient time to do something in the garden.

That being said, skullbiker has a point. I was put to work in my dad's garden as well and did not dislike it at all. Since my old man never spread his sowings over time, but rather sowed all of one vegetable at one time and everything was ripe and ready at the same moment, there were a lot of peak moments... Shelling a sh*tload of peas, gather all the potatoes, pick a hell of a lot of beans, ... But yes, I don't trust all of my boys in the garden either :lol: and less so with some of the superhots beginning to bear fruit  :fireball:

Hey, Andy! Hope you are able to get
the rest of the plants in today. Looking
forward to some nice pix of your grow  ;)

I think those gnats are worse than skeeters. Like you said ,they fly in your eyes, up your nose, in your mouth, and into your ears.
Did your poison ivy get any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys ..... Nothing like getting them in ground in the Kansas burning 90s!  I've got a 136 that have been in the ground for about 3 weeks.  They are still a little unhappy but some are starting snap out of it.  I had to install the watering system this weekend with no rain last few days and none in the forecast until this coming weekend.   The freakin' gnats are everywhere.  

I hardened off my plants for like a month under this party tent thing and they still got sunburn when I put them out. I might try to stick a couple more plants in after the sun gets on the other side of these trees. I have a couple rhubarb I need to see if they are still alive too

Back