• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Impressive.....Steve will appreciate those photos.
Thanks Greg and I agree, Steve should like the jump on dem. Below are your seeds that survived my stupidity of planting in January (got caught up in THP hype, glog’ing and wanting to start 1/1/13). I plan on taking good care of these and planting more of your seed soon. I really should have waited until now, this is the perfect planting season here. I believe they were stunted fighting off ground gnats and the cold weather, but they’re on track now, unfortunately the others died :(
Again, thanks for your generosity mon :)

First two are White Bhut
2itg7wh.jpg

kunhx.jpg

Next two are Chocolate Scorpion
j10ahe.jpg

2d6mmmd.jpg

Red Bhut Jolokia
2vtcc9y.jpg

Next three are Red Trinidad Scorpion
2hfhu9k.jpg

2mi55b6.jpg

2edaady.jpg

what I find personally most impressive ... it seems to be growing not just leaves but also something that resembles a ... friggin' hand !?! :D
ROFLMAO, might be beneficial to have 4 hands … twice the planting capability :D

Well they be a kickin'!

You're doing someting right!

Al, ROFLMAO!
Ya mon dem kickin, now to plant more ^_^ ... I agree, Al is funny mon, if anyone hasn’t seen his glog Click Here for a good laugh

Finally here is Mama’s desert rose blooming
zo6r5y.jpg

As always, thanks all for checking da glog and comenting :)

i want a white bhut bad! please send me a pod when you get one :onfire:
If and when there’s pods, I have no problem providing you one or seed. Keep in mind it’s only one plant the other 2 seeds did not germ :/ I’ve been taking extra special care of it for fear of any other set back.

The Moa is loving the Florida heat brotha. Nice to have you back chorizo man!!!!!
I guess the weather here isn’t that much different than Jamaica, well as long as you don’t count the Blue Mountains, hehe. Thanks for the WB, it’s good to be back but I’m not chorizo man, that title should be Bill’s. Did you read Bill’s (RocketMan) Chorizo recipe.

Looking great Ramon! Keep the pics flowing!
Thanks Shane, now it’s the waiting game for pods …

Awesome pics Ramon... incredible plants! When your kids are all grown up and you wish they were those little babies again... thats the stage I am at... man I wish I could be at the beginning again :)
Thanks Lourens, I do miss when my kids were babies … they are too much work as teens :D BTW I'm starting more very soon, this is the best time of season to plant starters.

Whoa! the MoA is exploding>
seaweed!seaweed!seaweed!seaweed!seaweed!seaweed!
That’s what I’ve been saying “SeaWeed! SeaWeed! SeaWeed! SeaWeed!,” I just hope I don’t OD them on the stuff, hehehe

Yes indeed! Very lush leaves, thick stock, about that time to fork out and set buds!

Glad to see everything chuggin' along bredren!
Yea mon, it’s all in dat seed thanks for dem great seeds, hoping to get some old school original SB shaped pods with dat super taste FTW. Can’t wait to eat dat first pod, cook & make some dips with them ... Bet you can’t eat just one :D

MoAs look great. Can't wait for mine to look like the rest of yours. The JA habs I have are in one gallons now. Can't wait for those as well. Looks good on your neck of the woods
Sounds great! *Time warp* Same time in 6 months we be gorging on all these pods \o/ You know my opinions on dem JA Habs … I’d like to hear how you like the taste of dem JA Habs once you get poddage. I'll soon be starting another dozzen, hehe

its only one plant,phff phff!!
Yea :/ wish I had a whole army of dem, tried to start 3 and only one popped up, regardless I'm happy as our son really wanted one badly, hehe
with your growing skills that white bhut will have hundreds of pods!
Both you and I hope dat will come to fruition :)

Awesome Ramon. I didn't realize you had all them other plants goin as well. Good varieties for sure! Hot ones. Lookin healthy brudda!
I’ve not focused much on the other stuff, my apologies … I have others but they’re top secrete military grade and if I told you, I’d have to kill you ;) only joking mon, I'll soon focus off my favorite JA Hab's and MoAs. BTW I be sowing more very soon, probably some 24++ as this is the perfect time of year. If I had not done my starts on 1/1/13 and waited till now I am sure that most if not all would be hooking. Thanks for checking :)

Looking great Ramon......
Looking great Ramon!!
Thanks Pia and Chris, both your stuff far outdoes mine but I only have four to feed and one don’t eat peppers yet, hehe.

Here’s the amazing thing that’s going on, I must have gotten some radioactive seaweed as all my babies are growing at an unbelievable rate. Even my older plants are all looking lush city, I will be cutting back on this feeding as I'm almost out on this batch and not sure how much more they can take of this awesome juice. It’s impossible to see this action unless you’re looking at them daily but I’d swear it’s ¼” per day. Below are the MoAs that I featured a few days back, they out grew their shoes in less than 2 weeks. So I was forces to transplant yesterday as I could see the roots coming out of the drain holes. Did the same to the 5 of Greg's I'm growing, need to do 2 more and I'll post pics of them soon ...

2qw23yf.jpg

1zevamw.jpg

6z3nut.jpg

2hnqgw6.jpg

34y1hj5.jpg

2rgma00.jpg

v2zs6x.jpg

As always, thank you for looking, reading and contributing to my glog ... see ya in yours soon :)

Back