• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

WayRight's 2ten start

Alot of my late starts are starting to push out pods.
White Bullet
9-16-10WhiteBullet.jpg

Peter Pepper
9-16-10PeterPepper.jpg

I havent tried a Peter Pepper yet, not sure I ever will :)
Kevin

Have you tried the Cumari Pollux yet? Do you like it? What is the flavor like? Or are you just planning to use it dried in a powder like I have read is popular for this variety? Was it anymore challenging to grow? I have seed for it, debating weather to try and grow it next year. I love regular Cumari, but I realize this is a totally different animal. Thanks,

Beaglestorm

Beagle, I grew both this year also..and yes I eat them fresh,they taste very hot, like maybe close to a Tepin ,annuum taste, but juicy like a frutescense..they do have a bit of an oily taste ,I cant place it. if youve tried Chacoense then you know what I mean. but the plants themselves are very beautiful, mine are about 7 feet tall and stay full of tiny purple flowers.
Kevin

Reactions: dvg
Must have more pictures. This whole posting two at a time is killing me. I also want to see that massive tree again.

Heres 2 more Pics! :)
Hey Mill that Birgit Locoto met my machete,sorry.I got like 20 lbs of peppers that dont make good sauce,
But hoping for good powder! You need some seeds? :)
Yellow CARDI Scorpion
9-20-10YellowCARDIScorpion.jpg

Douglah
9-23-10Douglah.jpg

Kevin

Birgit Locoto is a Baccatum,,they taste really good ,and are super easy to grow.But as far as sauce goes Im really lovin the supers in sauces,So Im havin to use my other peppers for powders.Anything less than a super sauce doesnt grab my interest anymore.I think next year will be supers only and some Jap's for poppers.

Yea!! My first ripe Brain Strains! Thanks again Cappy.
10-2-10BrainStrain.jpg

Bonda Ma Jaques
10-2-10BondaMaJaques.jpg

Some Chocolate Bhuts.
10-2-10ChocolateBhutJolokia.jpg

And some Orange Thai
10-2-10OrangeThai.jpg

Kevin

I thought I'd post a couple of pics of the newest members of my family. :)
These arrived this past week and I am super excited to grow them!
I got some really cool varieties!

PA030130.jpg

PA030132.jpg

Kevin

Not every variety is ripe yet and I only have about 3 more weeks, unless we fool mother nature like last year , frost didnt come till late nov.
I took these pics today, I have been waiting for these 2 particular pods to get ripe because they look so cool!

Cool Yellow CARDI Scorpion with nice stinger.

10-7-10WickedYellowCARDIScorpion.jpg

Wicked looking Bhut Jolokia

10-7-10SpikeyBhutJolokia.jpg

Kevin

Thanks Mill, That Bhut has been mocking me! I picked it today and it has been on the counter talking trash to me all night!
That scary bastage has thorns on it though! :)

Well the season is winding down and I still havent got pics up for a few of my late planted varieties, My Trinidad Scorpions are full of pods so I hope some will ripen soon!
Messin around with the camera today and shot a few pics.

Brain Strain is at 8 feet, it was planted way too late but I've started getting some ripe pods already.

10-11-10TapemeasureshotofBrainStrain.jpg

:shocked:
10-11-10bottomof8ftbrainstrain.jpg

Lots of pods but none ripe on this particular plant yet.
10-11-10topof8ftbrainstrain.jpg

My son taking a peek at TS Morouga Blend.
10-11-10Jacobtsmorougablend.jpg

Kevin

Back