• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

we love crossing our pepper

Can you believe this they have crossed a lion and a tiger ? Its bigger than both its parents. they called it a liger. The liger is a hybrid cross between a lion and a tiger that man has put together. However ligers are often faced with a variety of health risks and other issues. Ligers only exist in captivity because lions and tigers live in different regions and would never breed voluntarily in the wild. Ligers are larger than both their parents which are usually dangerous to the pregnant tigress and may make it necessary for offspring to be delivered via caesarean section. Ok I think ligers are great and very beautiful but on the other hand I think that we should not be messing with Mother Nature. These ligers are bigger than both the tiger and the lion and I don’t know about any one else but I really don’t want an animal that big living in the zoo or in the wild. There has already been a liger attack where a man went to feed the liger in his cage and the liger attacked him and killed him. I think we should live mother nature alone and let it do what it’s gone to do on it’s on, if loin and tigers where meant to breed they would have done it in the wild. I believe we have created another monster where some where down the line we will be wishing that we had not done this. What do you thing about the ligers?

liger_1.jpg
Ligertrainer.jpg

This is rather old news, they've been doing it for quite some time now. Personally I'm not a fan of cross breeding species and it's obvious the reason this was done was for the money. Piss poor motivation to mess with mother nature.

Freaking things are a site to see though. Ain't life a bitch?

IME with hybrid fish there is a phenomenon called hybrid vigor. Take 2 12" fish and get a 20" monster.

Also, they are suseptible to immune and genetic disorders that only get worse with further breeding :crazy:

Looked up hybrid vigor and found this...

http://home.comcast.net/~NoPuppyMillsVA/Poo-dogs___Designer_Mutts/Hybrid_Vigor/hybrid_vigor.html

Interesting that it says no fertile males have been found among LIGERS. This is something that is common among ornamental fish. Nearly everyone has seen a Parrot fish, the odds are a billion(maybe :lol: ) you find a fertile one.

Back