smokers Weber Smokers

There are no rules that say that the WSM pan must be filled with water (or any other liquid).
There are plenty of people that use other materials in the "water" pan, or no pan at all.

HopsNBarley said:
There are no rules that say that the WSM pan must be filled with water (or any other liquid).
There are plenty of people that use other materials in the "water" pan, or no pan at all.

Yes but it's the cool barrier since it's a vertical smoker so if you don't fill it you will have high temp issues and non-constant temps. Defeats the purpose of the WSM. May as well get an offset and deal with temp management. :)

Drunk bastige!!!! What's boiling point have to do with anything lol.

ramen_burger.jpg

HigherThisHeat said:
Yep. i'm getting the WSM.

I don't smoke stuff enough to justify spending anymore than $300. It seems it's done you just fine JHP. All your Q looks friggin delicious.

I'm a fan of hands on, and things that are a process. I wouldn't want a smoker that is completely set and forget anyhow
Post results!!! Good, bad, and ugly!

We got a gusher...

The Hot Pepper said:
Post results!!! Good, bad, and ugly!

Oh, please believe I will.... Though I haven't bought anything yet. I'm literally saving my pennies! Almost there though..

Then again, I can't stop thinking about this one WITH FREE SHIPPING http://pitbarrelcooker.com/

Both are vertical smokers... Why choose one over the other??

Oh, that's a good point, but may not be an issue for me. I never entertain or cook for more than a couple people.

Also the PBC doesn't use a water pan. Sooo at least that whole steam thing woudln't be an issue.

HigherThisHeat said:
Oh, that's a good point, but may not be an issue for me. I never entertain or cook for more than a couple people.

Also the PBC doesn't use a water pan. Sooo at least that whole steam thing woudln't be an issue.
You do not have to use a water pan in the WSM, there are times it helps like that turkey breast I did :) 

BBQ can be confusing, but it's actually pretty simple. If you already know the basics... buy whatever smoker you want, see if it works for you. If not, see if mods help. If not, buy a smoker you think makes up for what was lacking.

Lots of debates on the net... in the end, it's up to you. You'll find one purist saying never do this, never do that, so everyone follows him. Then you'll see a pitmaster doing exactly what the other guy said not to do, and he is cranking out the best ribs in (wherever).

All you have to do is cook, and you may even come up with your own method. No fear.

Back