Welcome to The NEW Hot Pepper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New is in order from new to old. Unread will be bold, meaning you have not read. Can you please clarify what you are looking for? Thank you!
The functionality I'd like from the little pepper button on the right is this: https://thehotpepper.com/whats-new/posts/ because that only shows the unread posts, and nothing else, whereas now, it shows both unread AND old read posts because it directs users to https://thehotpepper.com/whats-new/ instead.
And yesterday, the "New Posts" link up under Home didn't go to https://thehotpepper.com/whats-new/posts/?skip=true but to https://thehotpepper.com/whats-new/posts/ - And apparently that parameter at the end makes it include old posts as well.

I understand thank you! We were actually working on that functionality today, that's why the button disappeared. It's coming back, with I believe what you want so please stay tuned and thanks for the detailed info.

I have my very talented son (who's a web developer) to thank for all the technical info. I'm not that clever when it comes to figuring this stuff out ;-)

I'm looking forward to getting that particular funtionality (back?). Thanks!

Edits are locked after a certain time.
Oh :-( New to this version of the site? As I edited the first post on that glog ok after the site was re-launched, thread which was started ages ago.

If so that has scuppered me doing updates to the table I added in the first post on it to keep a summary of the thread to make it more accessible.

The "new posts" button seems to have disappeared from the phone version
Sadly the little pepper over on the right goes to the /whats-new/ page, rather than the /whats-new/posts/ page, and that contains posts that have already been read, and thus aren't exactly "new", while the /whats-new/posts/ page only has unread threads shown. Is there any way that functionality could be changed? And btw unfortunately neither of those 2 possibilities do what the old forum 'unread' button did.
@bob65 @Nulle try now :)

That is not changing. The button is back for unread posts on the forum home page.

That is not changing. The button is back for unread posts on the forum home page.
My son said to tell you that he thought the problem with the button on the forum hope page is the '?skip=true' part at the end of the link( which wasn't there when it was working well yesterday)

Last edited:
@Nulle, don't save it as default, I changed it back. Can you check now? NOW it's unread. AND the skip is removed.

Or you can set it. That way is the default changes, you are good!

I removed the 2 screenshots since they are no longer relevant.
My son said to tell you that he thought the problem with the button on the forum hope page is the '?skip=true' part at the end of the link( which wasn't there when it was working well yesterday)
Well yes, he is good! That was on purpose but with skipping it, it didn't allow default saving if entering through the link. Sooo, removed. How much is he getting paid here? :lol:

Thanks so much for changing it back. :thumbsup: :P

Junior is gonna love it too, because he won't have to create a script for me that makes it behave like I was used to so now he can use his time for something else.

No problem! I needed the input. I will post this for everyone, but take note:

The Activity tab will show all posts new to old order (even if read) and any other content like status updates and any future content types we add. The shortcut to Activity is the pepper on the right, which is seen on mobile without the tab (but tabs can be accessed on the left). I find it most handy to use the pepper on the right for full site and mobile, if I am interested in activity.

The New Posts button will show only posts, and unread (also available in the navigation tab). You can save your default to other than unread in Filters if needed but I would not advise that, having both options at your fingertips is ideal. The shortcut is, I added a button at the end of a thread. So if you like using New Posts, you can click to read the thread, which will bring you to the latest post, and under that you will see a New Posts button so you can quickly jump back to the list.

Otherwise you can use the pepper because that menu floats. So both have shortcuts.

So whether you like all activity or posts, the navigation has been simplified. Special thanks to @Nulle and son!

I'm so happy with the new button (New Post) at the end of the threads. It gives me exactly what I needed to use the forum like I've been used to since I joined. So thank you again for your great work with the forum. And btw... it looks great,too ;-)

Oh :-( New to this version of the site? As I edited the first post on that glog ok after the site was re-launched, thread which was started ages ago.

If so that has scuppered me doing updates to the table I added in the first post on it to keep a summary of the thread to make it more accessible.
You can upgrade to Extreme for unlimited first posts edits! Handy for updating tutorials, glogs, etc.

hey, were you complimented on your new logo in the upper left yet? it's a good logo. i like it a lot.

1. any plans to put the List feature in the post editor toolbar?
    • bullet points etc
    • i can do it manually with bbcode, but why not actually put it in the editor bar? lol
  2. will post count come back in the "mini profile" by posts (maybe above location)? i know there are other ways to view it, but i was curious if that was an intentional decision to de-emphasize the importance of post count.
  3. what is the rationale behind restricting editing (in this case, based on post age)? is it primarily to prevent abuse of the edit feature? e.g. users edit-defacing all their posts on the way out the door?

Last edited:
hey, were you complimented on your new logo in the upper left yet? it's a good logo. i like it a lot.

1. any plans to put the Listfeature in the post editor toolbar?
    • bullet points etc
    • i can do it manually with bbcode, but why not actually put it in the editor bar? lol
  2. will post count come back in the "mini profile" by posts (maybe above location)? i know there are other ways to view it, but i was curious if that was an intentional decision to de-emphasize the importance of post count.
  3. what is the rationale behind restricting editing (in this case, based on post age)? is it primarily to prevent abuse of the edit feature? e.g. users edit-defacing all their posts on the way out the door?
I like it as well. Thanks. I can look into lists. We've always had edit restrictions. People have requested first page edits as a feature to update glogs first pages and tutorials and such so we added that to Extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back