• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Pearl Jam - Vitalogy (2011 Reissue) (180G) - Remaster - New - Epic Records, Legacy
IMG_2154.jpg

All you vinyl heads make me sooooo jealous!!!!! It's just a beautiful thang!

I'm tappin' some classic rock right now....and it's settin' my poor old wore-out self just right! Cheers to Friday!

Wasatch: I’ve been appreciating your vinyl postings for some time now. Like you, I appreciate the sound quality of good vinyl played on a quality system. It offers a “warmth” to the music that just can not be replicated in the digital medium. Plus a number of my old “classics” are on vinyl and do not want to listen to them any other way. Looks like a Rega table and arm? What cartridge and phono preamp are you using?

As for me, I have a 30+ year old Thorens TD-165 table and arm sporting an Ortofon X5-MC cartridge played through a Rotel 970BX Phono Pre. I looked into upgrading, but as long as I can continue to get drive belts and stylus, I guess I’ll stick with my classic rig. Still sounds good! Kids today have no idea how good music can sound when not played back via a MP3 (gad, don’t get me started!) device.

A little hobby of mine (besides growing peppers) is searching at garage sales, estate sales, antique stores, etc. for good vinyl records from any type of musical genre. Often it mostly junk with worn covers and scratched up discs, but every now and then one can find something interesting. Often they can be had for next to nothing. Currently at 1500+ archived in storage shelves at home. I need to do some work though on my cataloging methodology so that I can more readily find a particular recording.

Thanks. Right now I'm running a Dynavector 10x5 cart with a Dynavector P75 Mk2 Phone Pre-Amp, also the Rega TTPSU on the P5, and the Rega White Belt. Also the Herbie's Way Excellent II mat. In Jun or Jul I will be upgrading to the Manley Chinook Phone Stage, Groove Tracer Sub-Platter, Rega Tungsten Counter Weight, Dynavector XX-2 MK II cart. Vinyl and Tubes RULEZ! LOL Thanks again.

Wasatch: I’ve been appreciating your vinyl postings for some time now. Like you, I appreciate the sound quality of good vinyl played on a quality system. It offers a “warmth” to the music that just can not be replicated in the digital medium. Plus a number of my old “classics” are on vinyl and do not want to listen to them any other way. Looks like a Rega table and arm? What cartridge and phono preamp are you using?

As for me, I have a 30+ year old Thorens TD-165 table and arm sporting an Ortofon X5-MC cartridge played through a Rotel 970BX Phono Pre. I looked into upgrading, but as long as I can continue to get drive belts and stylus, I guess I’ll stick with my classic rig. Still sounds good! Kids today have no idea how good music can sound when not played back via a MP3 (gad, don’t get me started!) device.

A little hobby of mine (besides growing peppers) is searching at garage sales, estate sales, antique stores, etc. for good vinyl records from any type of musical genre. Often it mostly junk with worn covers and scratched up discs, but every now and then one can find something interesting. Often they can be had for next to nothing. Currently at 1500+ archived in storage shelves at home. I need to do some work though on my cataloging methodology so that I can more readily find a particular recording.

Some Maker's Mark 46 and Coke and some tunes.

Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago Transit Authority (1969 Original Pressing) - Columbia Records VG++
IMG_2156.jpg

Cheers!

Back