• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

myself yawning and church bells oustide... just got up having my 2nd mug of coffee....

smilie_sleep_009.gif

I have not heard many of these artists, zz top and sonic youth I have, but Futureheads, nope, are they a local band to you Rainbowberry? I mainly listen to AC/DC, Rolling Stones, some of zz top, metalica Beetles, old rock would be my pic :)

rainbowberry said:
No not exactly local to me Quick draw but they are English. I heard them on Radio one.

Futureheads

They sound pretty good Rainbowberry, I have not heard of them out here, but the radio station I listen to just plays mostly pop music, I would guess the rock station in Brisbane may have played it, not sure, just found out too, that AC/DC will be touring either late this year or early next year, looking forward to that:P

Well, Quick Draw, all the bands you mentioned have been around for 20+ years, while the Futureheads didn't release their first album before 2004 (I think). Since you seem to be into 99,9% old (not as in "outdated" but as in "released xx years ago" or "a classic") rock, it's not too surprising that you don't know them.

Have you seen AC/DC before? I have seen them twice and I found them pretty boring. I know this sounds like a sacrilege to some... I respect them, have some of their records and still like most of them, but they disappointed me on stage. I was sure that'd be impossible, but they managed to bore me twice outta two attempts..... :(

Chiliac said:
Well, Quick Draw, all the bands you mentioned have been around for 20+ years, while the Futureheads didn't release their first album before 2004 (I think). Since you seem to be into 99,9% old (not as in "outdated" but as in "released xx years ago" or "a classic") rock, it's not too surprising that you don't know them.

Have you seen AC/DC before? I have seen them twice and I found them pretty boring. I know this sounds like a sacrilege to some... I respect them, have some of their records and still like most of them, but they disappointed me on stage. I was sure that'd be impossible, but they managed to bore me twice outta two attempts..... :(

How you goin Chilliac, I have only seen them 1 time, on their last world tour for Stiff Upper Lip, first and only time I saw them, didnt really know what to expect, enjoyed the music, but like the studio albums I think..... I have been told when they used to play just in the local pubs that they were good shows, I can not verify this as I was not even around:lol: I aint really old, but I like the classics :cool: like the new music too, but dont really know too much of it, there was a good one a few years back, I think early 2001.... from a band called Zed, atleast I think thats what they were called :confused: I think the song was called renegade fighter..... not sure.... they are/were a kiwi group, but I think we claim them as Aussies if they are any good :P

hey omri since you like old style of heavy metal & some new style, dont know if you like testament but the new album rocks! worth checking it out.

"The Formation Of Damnation"

TFOD-index.jpg

chilehunter said:
hey omri since you like old style of heavy metal & some new style, dont know if you like testament but the new album rocks! worth checking it out.

"The Formation Of Damnation"

TFOD-index.jpg
Heard "More than meets the eye" and it wasn't bad, but wasn't great.

"more than meats the eye" is good so is
"henchmen ride" "F.E.A.R" "the persecuted wont forget" & "killing season" or was it "afterlife" ? but I like testament anyways :)

talas said:
Kate Bush - hounds of love.. and a little yes - awaken :)

Kate Bush is Sexy.

I gave her lots of play back in the 80s. awesome stuff.

anyone else think Tori Amos ripped off her schtick?

Back