• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

music What Are You Listening To Right Now?

good taste chuk hell and as for tori amos yep she went for kates style completly..a little to much actually:)

Feeder - fires and Beethoven - Piano Sonata No. 14, 1st movement (Adagio sostenuto)..for the moonlit clear evening ;)

Ah you mean the Moonlight Sonata, I love that. My Mum's got it as a ringtone but as a ringtone it dosen't sound right. Everytime her phone goes off it sounds like a funeral dirge.

A few other pieces I love are Schumann, Op.7, No.12. Morning Song- Schubert. Fur Elise- Beethoven. Also Jesu Joy of Man's desiring. I only know a lot of these from playing the piano when I was young or my Grandad. The first two were out of my kiddies piano book.

exellent taste r.b, Rimsky Korsakov - Scheherazade, Mozart - Ave Verum Corpus/Piano Concerto No. 24 in C minor/String Quartet No. 19 /The Magic Flute are my favourite pieces of classical music :)

I'm listening to "Revolution On the Dance Floor" by Thomas Falke -- pretty sick song.

I don't usually go for techno but this is sort of like a wierd crossover between rock and techno/trance. It's got the rock guitars but a computer-voice. It sounds like a dude singing but singing through a computer maybe.

I found a link to this song actually on a forum, and then I was in my brother's friend's car and he had it playing! It seems pretty underground but it's actually easy to download online -- here -- http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks

chuk hell said:
Kate Bush is Sexy.

I gave her lots of play back in the 80s. awesome stuff.

anyone else think Tori Amos ripped off her schtick?

Oh, yeah. I agree completely. With both statements. And My absolute fav by her is "Wuthering heights".

As for what i'm listening to right now it's "Remind me" by Royksopp....or as most people know it, the song from the Geico caveman airport commercial.

I'm not listening to these songs right now (right now listening to sting), its just while at work over the last couple days theres 2 songs that get played on some stations on satellite radio. & we just laugh/mock about how bad the songs are but sadly they're like so bad that you get drawn into listening to them to just laugh.

the songs are
?" pushing the little dasiys" ? by ween
"handlebars" by flobots

anyone of you heard these songs ?

chilehunter said:
I'm not listening to these songs right now (right now listening to sting), its just while at work over the last couple days theres 2 songs that get played on some stations on satellite radio. & we just laugh/mock about how bad the songs are but sadly they're like so bad that you get drawn into listening to them to just laugh.

the songs are
?" pushing the little dasiys" ? by ween
"handlebars" by flobots

anyone of you heard these songs ?

Never heard of Flobots.
Definitely heard of Ween....i used to go see them in New Hope, PA when they would play at a bar called Jon & Peters...excellent show.
Get their album "The Mollusk" and listen to "Pink Eye(on my leg)"....it's what a good night of heavy drinking sounds like... musically

I dont know about "ween" the voice in the "...daisy" song is kinda annoying - "push the little daisys up, push the little daisys up ....." :lol:
maybe I'm to quick to judge them & they might have some better songs but ?

that flobots song goes - " I can ride my bike with no handlebars, I can ride my bike with no handlebars......" :lol:

quick_draw said:
How you goin Chilliac, I have only seen them 1 time, on their last world tour for Stiff Upper Lip, first and only time I saw them, didnt really know what to expect, enjoyed the music, but like the studio albums I think..... I have been told when they used to play just in the local pubs that they were good shows, I can not verify this as I was not even around:lol: I aint really old, but I like the classics :cool: like the new music too, but dont really know too much of it, there was a good one a few years back, I think early 2001.... from a band called Zed, atleast I think thats what they were called :confused: I think the song was called renegade fighter..... not sure.... they are/were a kiwi group, but I think we claim them as Aussies if they are any good :P

I guess not too many people can claim to have seen AC/DC play in a pub, so don't worry! :)

I remember Zed, pretty good. I only heard a few of their recordings, but I saw them live a few years ago supporting Ash. They were from NZ, true!

I am listening to Michael Mallinson atm.

"What a lucky man he was." By Emerson Lake and Palmer. It's on the classic rock station right now. I like all kinds of music, but metal is probably my favorite.

Someone brought a CD and there's a song by Alanis Morrisete or something like that, that's called "Uninvited". well, I'm listening to it right now.
The girls here seem to like it, I don't get it though. :shocked:

Back