• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What do you guys think of this watch?

What do you guys think of this watch? I really like the design but I don't think I have any fashion sense. I don't know if it's only me, but this watch seems really big unless your 6'5" and 275 lbs. Almost like a "wrist clock" instead of a wrist watch. Are big watches in these days? The clock face is 42mm in diameter and 14mm thick

376.jpg

http://www.chronoshark.com/?pmc=sdf&SSAID=101512

I'm not really big on dressing for fashion either. What i have noticed is that those big watches tend to be more a fashion thing, so then you'll want the right clothes to go with it. You'll want slightly large on you clothes to match your slightly large on you watch. It is a nice watch, get it. Treat yourself. That's a bad ass watch, isn't the eco drive one of those,,,,the movement of your arm winds it kind of things? No batteries and all that. Way cool man.

I haven't owned a watch since "the cell phone"...

When i've worn a watch i've always preferred a smaller one with a leather strap.....never did like the big clunky ones.

At your size it would probably look like you're carrying a grandfather clock. The thing is if you like it who cares? You have people you need to impress with your fashion sense? Be your own man, scrog the fashion police.

Personally I'd get it, good looking watch. The only drawback I see is all the buttons on it. Do you have to learn how they all work to tell the time?

I just feel like I have to dress right for work since I'm working in the NYC area. Maybe if I put it in the dryer it'll shrink....j/k

never wear a watch don't see the need if you need to know the time your phone will have it if you don't have a mobile (cell) phone just ask someone!!!!!

I am a watch collector, kind of. I have many watches. I am partial to mechanical watches, but I have an Eco drive and I can say that Citizen makes a really good watch. The only problem is that most US market ones use mineral crystal, which scratches easily. My diver one uses it, but it is domed and I have plenty of watches. If you can, try to find a model that uses sapphire crystal, which is almost scratch proof. it might be hard to do in the US though.

I had a nice Titanium Citizen Eco drive chronograph, but it had a huge flat mineral crystal so I traded it away. I want the foreign market version which has a sapphire, but right now money is tight.

Oh I can post photos of my watches. You would all think I am nuts...

BTW these days 42mm is average at best. Many guys are wearing watches in the 45+mm size range. My largest is in the 48mm range. I have a large 8.25" wrist though.

I can tell you just about anything that a normal person could probably want to know about wristwatches.

This one is 48 I think....

IMG_1723.jpg

This is a small subset of what I have.

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0981.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

they are all at different times!!!!!!!!!!!! how the hell do you know what time it is, or do you wear each watch at a specific time of day!!! :lol:

Davetaylor said:
they are all at different times!!!!!!!!!!!! how the hell do you know what time it is, or do you wear each watch at a specific time of day!!! :lol:

The ones I don't wear everyday wind down. Mechanical watches only run when you either A) wind them, or B) wear them in the case of an automatic mechanical, which has a rotor that turns with your wrist movement thus keeping the spring tight and the thing running. Hand wound mechanical require manual winding daily, except for the expensive 8 day winders.....

Quartz runs until the battery dies, and Eco runs as long as there is light to keep the rechargeable battery charged, (well, at least until THAT battery dies if kept in the dark) and in the case of quartz kinetic, there is an automatic rotor that uses your body movement the way an auto mechanical does, but it charges a rechargeable quartz battery the way the solar does for an Eco drive. Get it?? ;-)

So if it has wound down, I have to set it, give it a few winds, and wear it. The Breitling in the last pic is the one I am wearing now. It is an automatic mechanical, but I have been wearing it daytime for several weeks now so it is fully wound. I have been switching to the blue dial Citizen Eco at night. That one is Titanium which is stronger than steel but light as a frikkin feather.

These two contain are also Swiss Made mechanical automatics, containing a blued and decorated skeleton movement. The same movement, actually, a Swiss ETA 2824, but skeletonized and decorated.

DSC_1055.jpg

Do you think this is a good deal? I always hesitate to buy online because sometimes using a credit card doesn't make you feel like your spending money. I'm going to use it for business meetings and whatnot. I think I want one for work, and one for casual wear.

There are only 200 of these made. Designed by a Yorkshire watch dealer and built in Germany. It is named after Britain's first nuclear submarine. It's actually a 1000 meter watch and the antimag is good to 80,000 a/M but the guy underestimated it when he specified what to be carved on the case back....

IMG_0025.jpg

Back:

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_1636-1.jpg

Why do I take pictures of them? It's a sickness.....

I frequent watch collector forums where we of course like to show our wares....

This one is also German built. It is modeled after a 1930's Panerai. It is not a Panerai, though. It actually has to go back to Germany for a crown repair before the end of June. I have to get my butt in gear and send it off....

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

This is quite a sickness, and expensive. Peppers are FAR more affordable as a hobby. I also need a car.....

Back