• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense what is the differance between a 7 pod and a trinadad scorpion??

wellll, the dude that did this study http://www.fiery-foods.com/Dave/aussiecap.asp is Brian, this is trippy..

i wanted to get some tested to see actually how hot they are, an estimate as climate, etc blah blah will change stuff.. so i looked for ages to find Brian, then gave up.

last week a dude called Brian a Senior Chemist ordered some seeds from me and we got chatting, Turns out its Brian whom did the Artical Andd

Neil,
I am currently in Darwin with work but I will shortly be returning to Perth. I have access to an HPLC but even better is the fact they want me to set up an HPLC at work. Either way I will one way or the other be able to do some analysis.
Regards, Brian

yay

Tigahb8 said:
It's going to be interesting in reading y'alls experences
with the Scorpion and the 7 Pod! :lol:

ButchT

Hi ButchT,tis a small world and welcome,,thanks for the seeds ya sent a while ago(rev_neil), ill definatly give em a crack when they grow :)

cool stillmanz , dunno when he's gonna do it , im still waiting to do Scorpions and 7 pod a la natural and the biggest nastiest 1's too,,see if they can knock me on my arse :lol:

well I got two pods of 7s almost ripe hippy. now they are "not jonah" but they are 7s apparently, and they will be comming your way in a week or two.

shayneyasinski said:
I am growing about 12 trinadad scorpion peppers and also have seen a pepper called a 7 pod and was wondering if they are the same ??

also is the naga morrich the hottest pepper in the world??

From what I know... There are a few different varieties of 7 Pods... and Scorpion is one of them...

TriniHottie said:
From what I know... There are a few different varieties of 7 Pods... and Scorpion is one of them...
So according to you 7 Pot is not even a pepper, but a so called group of?
CARDI seem to refer both separately, though.

Probably came about from market spruiking ie "these chillis are so hot they make 7 pots of stew fiery." etc etc
....alot of misused slang and phrases in and around Trinidad lots of blended culture.
If 7 pot is more than one chilli it would make sense to me.

7 pods varieties that I know... The Scorpion, Douglah, 7 Pot Red & 7 Pot Yellow. I believe there are more but I have to investigate...

TriniHottie said:
7 pods varieties that I know... The Scorpion, Douglah, 7 Pot Red & 7 Pot Yellow. I believe there are more but I have to investigate...
7-Pot and Scorpion are 7-Pod? I'm seriously confused. is 7-Pot a chile or not?
You say Scorpion is part of a group called 7-Pod, but then you say 7-Pot is also a part of that group. :shocked:
Is there a difference between the Pots and Pods? always thought it was a misspelling kinda thing. :shocked:

TriniHottie said:

I didn't know there was a yellow 7-pot variety. I've seen pictures of a yellow T. Scorpion but not of the 7-pot. Is there any info available on it?

Alan

Mister_Al said:
I didn't know there was a yellow 7-pot variety. I've seen pictures of a yellow T. Scorpion but not of the 7-pot. Is there any info available on it?

Alan

Mister_Al,

Just check her website. You will find the answer of your question.

LT
:hell:

Omri said:
650,000SHU is insanely hot. most habs are 150,000-250,000SHU and that's hot enough.
My guess is that under good growing conditions, it won't be hard to get 850,000SHU+. 650,000SHU seem to be under bad conditions. :lol:

Actually bad conditions have been proven to make hotter peppers.

Back