• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor What Pepper's do you like for taste?

This has probably allready been posted, but I was currious of what chili pepper's people like to eat
just on the taste of them. I'm really fond of sweet fruity tasting peppers, I can't name them sadly because I haven't eatten enough peppers *yeah I know* -thanks Eric.

I do love the taste of habanero's I bought this God of salsa's one time but someone threw away the bottle,
before I could write down the name. It was so sweet tasting it was like biting into an apple lol. well much better then
that.

Lol your making me hungry wildfire some of these peppers i havent heard of Im going to have to be more of a pepper fan *doesnt have his badge yet*.

Im growing like 35 Supers, but for taste my favorite is a Jal. I think it is the most diverse pepper you can have. It can be used in so many different cuisines, and it is the pepper that both heat lovers and those who cant take the heat can handle. Smoke it for a nice chipotle, stuff it for poppers, pickle it for a slaw, or eat it raw for a great citrus heat. You can do the same with Habs, Fats, and Supers, but it takes a special breed to handle the heat that those put out.

Needless to say, I am growing 1 each of the supers and 5 Biker Billy Jals. I anticipate them getting plenty of use!

Is there a place i can buy these seeds at Mgold86? Also recommended one's i should get :)?
thanks btw mgold86 Im hoping i can grow these this year. :) And im probably one of those breeds that can handle the heat Muahaha.

Thanks irishmaverick I just bought some peppers from there Trinidad Scorpion Sweet, Aji limon Peru yellow, and Habañero orange. Can't wait to grow these :)

Pepperoncinis, ripe poblanos, ripe jalapeños. Seems to me all three of those peppers have very strong and distinct flavors, unlike, say, a ripe anaheim or a red bell pepper, which I think taste sweet and delicious but not very flavorful.

Yeah man...I'm keeping 2 each of all my supers. and 6 each of my Jals. I'm growing mucho nacho and another variety that I have had seeds/overwintered for so long I don't know the strain??? It produces pretty small pods, but they are scorching hot (by jal standards) with tons of great Jalapeno flavor. For flakes I love my pequins, cayenne, and I think I'm really going to love my goat weed as well. I tasted a few off it, but it had frosted back when I found it at the nursery so I only got to flake the 10 or so pods on it and they were great! Its sprouting new growth and will soon be blooming! For BBQ sauce its the chocolate habanero...I love the red/orange habs in fruity sauces with mango's or pineapple. Everyone loves the fatalii and I'm going to find out soon about that one as mine are up and running...

oh...and I've tasted bhut's and their flavor in intriguing. Very different than most peppers. They're so hot though that if you use enough of them to really taste the flavor. You're gonna set your face on fire. They're really good to boost the heat on a sauce or powder without having to add too many to do it. In moderation they add a nice even, but building burn. I used a couple dried pods to build the heat of my ranchero sauce for my juevos rancheros...great, now I'm freaking hungry!

Is there a place i can buy these seeds at Mgold86? Also recommended one's i should get :)?
thanks btw mgold86 Im hoping i can grow these this year. :) And im probably one of those breeds that can handle the heat Muahaha.
You can pick up the Billy Bikers at Lowes

I like pequins and serranos for the "pick em and eat ems." Good crisp flavor with a bit of bite, but not too much to overwhelm you if you wanna munch away.

Oh thanks woody3 Im going to Lowes in a few hours ill be sure to check for them :). Also im thinking of getting some potter's for them not sure what size ill be getting.

Back