• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor What Pepper's do you like for taste?

The biker billys are a burpee seed. There should be some huge displays with a ton to choose from. The BB are probably the hottest jals, and they also have a great size and taste.

+1 Potawie, I really like yellow C. Chinense. I always think they have a better flavor than the reds I have had.

wild brazil
aji omni-color
cili goronong
jamaican hot chocolate hab
aji yellow
quite a few hab species
wiri wiri
al these are truly awesome and very useful for differest purposes

thanks your friend Joe

Is there a place i can buy these seeds at Mgold86? Also recommended one's i should get :)?
thanks btw mgold86 Im hoping i can grow these this year. :) And im probably one of those breeds that can handle the heat Muahaha.

I can hook you up with Fatalii and few others. Send me a PM if interested fathual

I'm a nut for whole cabbage kimchi and real Korean gochu garu is hard to come by in my part of Massachusetts, so I grow my own. The variety of C. Annuum hybrids they use are moderate as far as heat, but they have a sweet smell that reminds me a little of raisins when they're dried and flaked.

I can hook you up with Fatalii and few others. Send me a PM if interested fathual
Thanks justaguy I sent you a Pm sorry it took me a bit to message back.

I'm a nut for whole cabbage kimchi and real Korean gochu garu is hard to come by in my part of Massachusetts, so I grow my own. The variety of C. Annuum hybrids they use are moderate as far as heat, but they have a sweet smell that reminds me a little of raisins when they're dried and flaked.
That sounds verry interesting never knew peppers could smell like raisins lol but thats freaking awesome.

Congo black habanero, biker billy jalapeño, fatalii, hot lemon, red rocoto, and yellow scotch bonnet are my favorites fresh. Pequin/chiltepin, guajillo, California and de árbol dried.

I'm still expanding my pepper collection and am looking for "the one". I have decided that I really prefer ripe peppers. If people knew what red jalepenos tasted like there would be riots in the street as people realize all the years they have been betrayed.

There are several of these threads and you should check them out. The funny thing is that they are all different. The most popular by number of posts would have to be
Jalepenos
Fatali
Aji lemon, limon, or whatever.

The most popular by the enthusiasm of the votes would be:
Fatali
Pubes. Manzano I think.

I want to give some love to the hot cherry. They grow easy and produce in Phoenix heat. The really ripe ones have a great flavor. Green bleh. Just turned red..okay. Leave it on the plant for a week and not too shabby.

I'm still expanding my pepper collection and am looking for "the one". I have decided that I really prefer ripe peppers. If people knew what red jalepenos tasted like there would be riots in the street as people realize all the years they have been betrayed.

There are several of these threads and you should check them out. The funny thing is that they are all different. The most popular by number of posts would have to be
Jalepenos
Fatali
Aji lemon, limon, or whatever.

The most popular by the enthusiasm of the votes would be:
Fatali
Pubes. Manzano I think.

I want to give some love to the hot cherry. They grow easy and produce in Phoenix heat. The really ripe ones have a great flavor. Green bleh. Just turned red..okay. Leave it on the plant for a week and not too shabby.
Awesome frosty :) Im glad I have some of those peppers, also will my peppers grow well in phoenix so far I have these Trinidad Scorpion Sweet, Aji limon Peru yellow, Habañero orange, and bhut jolokia

Awesome frosty :) Im glad I have some of those peppers, also will my peppers grow well in phoenix so far I have these Trinidad Scorpion Sweet, Aji limon Peru yellow, Habañero orange, and bhut jolokia

I'm still a rookie. Look at cowboy bhuts' posts. He knows what he is doing. Cherry peppers will produce a little in August and I have heard that Orange habenero will as well. Most peppers, if they are established and in the ground, will probably survive. Put up some shade cloth and peppers will grow. Most will not put on pods in August. I think of August as the "veg" stage. Just get them to grow.
Phoenix is the best place to grow peopers. Lots of my peppers are still flowering and I am picking ripe pods every day. Over-wintering means covering your peppers 2 maybe 3 nights out of the year.

I have one year old manzanos that I grew in pots. The heat didn't kill them and they are supposed to be the most sensitive.

I'm still a rookie. Look at cowboy bhuts' posts. He knows what he is doing. Cherry peppers will produce a little in August and I have heard that Orange habenero will as well. Most peppers, if they are established and in the ground, will probably survive. Put up some shade cloth and peppers will grow. Most will not put on pods in August. I think of August as the "veg" stage. Just get them to grow.
Phoenix is the best place to grow peopers. Lots of my peppers are still flowering and I am picking ripe pods every day. Over-wintering means covering your peppers 2 maybe 3 nights out of the year.

I have one year old manzanos that I grew in pots. The heat didn't kill them and they are supposed to be the most sensitive.
This is awesome to hear thanks frosty , Ill try and buy some shade cloth and buy a couple of post and boards.

wild brazil
aji omni-color
cili goronong
jamaican hot chocolate hab
aji yellow
quite a few hab species
wiri wiri
al these are truly awesome and very useful for differest purposes

thanks your friend Joe
Thanks Joe never heard of wiri wiri but thats fun to say ;)

Aji Amarillo, Pequin, Datil, Fatalii...

Jalapenos too, but sometimes those are all heat and no flavor. Most inconsistent pepper I've tried.

Mmmmm Just for eating I enjoy the Lemon Drop the have a real good citrius flavor then the heat but it allows you to still taste your food. For my salsa though I REALLY enjoy Trinidad Scropions with yellow fatalli mixed. The flavor is just great I just don't mix it so hot you can't stand it. Just my taste.

I'm trying to find a good jalapeno variety. I don't want the Biker Billy's because I hear they are pretty hot. I'm looking for a larger jalapeno that is good for stuffing (poppers) but has a 'normal' jalapeno heat. Any suggestions? Know where I can get seeds? Thanks!

i almost forgot i also love AUSTRALIAN LANTERN HABANEROS
there not very hot but the y have a full habanero flavor

thanks your friend Joe

Back