• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

The last spicy meal I cooked was my fire steak. What I do is buy thin cut beef, layer on garlic/parsley salt and some creole seasoning. Then, I put it directly under the oven broiler until seared on both sides. The last step is to layer on a thick layer of hot sauce, add a sprinkle more of the garlic/parsley sale, and broil for about 40 more seconds, or until the sauce top layer bubbles. This is so delish! I have no pictures, but I will try and post again with full pictures.

Last spicy meal I cooked? hmmm...

The other night,I took some Poblanos and roasted them. stuffed them with some chorizo,cream cheese, diced habanero, and shredded mexican cheese. popped them in the oven for 375... about 15 minutes later, bubbly cheezy deliciousness. topped them off with some more diced hab and shredded cheese and popped them under the broiler for good measure.

had a bunch of the stuffing left over, so i stuffed a couple hot cherry peppers and some red habs. delicious!! my mother unsuspectingly ate one of the stuffed habs. was a funny sight. They were good, but I'm sort of a wimp, and had to call it quits after about 5.

Yesterday I made a fresh batch of my Green Monsta chili (AKA-"Nectar of the Gods")

8oz canned chicken stock(not broth)
4 cloves garlic,1 tsp salt, 2 tbs ground cumin
3.5lbs hot-smoked boneless chicken thighs(apple wood chips), 1/2lb cooked breakfast sausage(Bob Evans)
15 Anaheim, 6 large Jalapeño, 3 Manzano, diced chile's
1 large can of La Victoria green enchilada sauce
2 med. tomatillo's,and 1 cup each diced onion-celery-green pepper(bell)
low boil 1 hour, low simmer2 hours
Add cilantro and juice of 1 lime last 15 minutes of cooking.

top with a little pepper jack cheese and a hand full of oyster crackers.

A feast just waiting to be had!

I have A LOT of ground to make up because of my absence and I see y'all have been cooking up a storm and everything I have seen is making me god awful hungry. So, here goes tonight's dinner all inspired by the latest throwdown.

Pepperfreak's kicken burger w/homefryz
Jalapeno Sausage
Ground Beef
Extra Hot Pepper Cheese
Bacon
Onion
(not in pic) Tepin peppers
assorted spices
August2010033.jpg

Here are some action shots.

On the grill
DSCF4249.jpg

The make up: Grilled bacon, roasted and peeled Giant Anaconda topped with Pepper Cheese
DSCF4250.jpg

DSCF4251.jpg

The plate up
DSCF4254.jpg

BAM!!!

I'm changing my vote! My vote goes to PepperFreak! Oh wait that's beef. To hell with it I'm voting for you anyway. Where ya been buddy?

:lol: Thanks guys. That was so good that I couldn't help myself, I ate both burgers. I'm now so full that I don't have any room left for beer.

OH WAIT....burb

False alram, guess I'll go get another beer. :rofl:

Looks awesome! Don't say "Bam" you cook much better than him.

Well since I have to go to work in a few hours I am stuck in this non-alcoholic cooking thread. Boooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

However, I am determined to make the best of it. So, here is a Teaser Pic and for those that know me, I'm sure y'all know what's cooking.

More to come later....
DSCF4260.jpg

Veggie tacos?

I made spiced rice salad. Brown rice, Diced onions and tomatoes. Pickled jals and some of the brine. Spicy brown mustard and mayo. Seasoned with crushed red pepper, garlic powder, curry powder, parsley, Mrs. Dash and salt. Yummy and I wish that I had beer to go with it!

PF,

WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYONE???????????????????????

I remember 2-3 meals being posted A DAY.....Now, these great food threads (including the DC) are in danger of being burried 7,8,10 deep in the que. I know everyone gets busy from time to time, including myself....

But.......what the hell? ;)

Concider this an illegal BUMP. :rofl:

Back