food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

I did make some fatalii shrimps last night, but ate 'em too fast to post pics. Sorry.

Ahem.....

In that case I shall take the liberty of posting last nights tacos camarone. Cast iron, garlic, pequins, fresno's, 'peno's, yellow onion, roma toms, pina', 31/40's, chorizo seasoning, t-scorp powder, sea salt and fresh black pepper. Add corn tore tillah's and guacify with avo's. My latest weekend thang...

IMG_2790.jpg

That ain't pixie dust on them 'thar shrimps!

IMG_2792.jpg

No words for this pic..

IMG_2794.jpg

Gotta' have the tex-mex msg....lime wedges...

IMG_2796.jpg

Have mercy.

chorizo seasoning??? Man those look good. My shrimp were just doused in blackening spice and fatalii powder. No frills, just put 'em on a plate and wolfed them down. Not hardly worth a pic.

chorizo seasoning???

Yessir. Just the cheap, common Tampico brand found in most stores. Very much like a generic taco seasoning without the salt. Makes a good base seasoning for tex-mex. I love the smokey dried pequins that Tampico sells too. Not as hot as my homegrowns but pretty dadgum guud!

Oh man! I just ate the leftover camarones for brekkie on flour tortilla's with cheese and sour cream. I'm like a bloated pig wallowing in mud. I 'm done sinning for the weekend....

You may think so now, but I bet I have something working that could tempt you into more gluttony...

here's a preview:

100_7898.jpg

SHAZAM!

100_7899.jpg

100_7901.jpg

100_7900.jpg

Gave a family pack (about 5lbs) of chicken thighs a bath in some seasoned (salt, pepper, chile powders, sugar) buttermilk for 48hrs. Then into the tub of seasoned flour (more of the same seasonings with some extras added such as choc hab and 7-pot powders, onion powder, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning), a short rest on the wire rack while the fryer heats up to around 325F. Then another little rest in the oven. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Get you some of that!

Bastard Jay! I thought my sinning was over for the weekend. Reckon I'll just trade sins...gluttony for lust!! Now gimme' some o' 'dat chicken pronto! Hey..where's 'da cole slaw and chile beans? I'll take some of that too!

SHAZAM!

100_7899.jpg

100_7901.jpg

100_7900.jpg

Gave a family pack (about 5lbs) of chicken thighs a bath in some seasoned (salt, pepper, chile powders, sugar) buttermilk for 48hrs. Then into the tub of seasoned flour (more of the same seasonings with some extras added such as choc hab and 7-pot powders, onion powder, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning), a short rest on the wire rack while the fryer heats up to around 325F. Then another little rest in the oven. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Get you some of that!

That looks tasty :woohoo:

Ahem.....

In that case I shall take the liberty of posting last nights tacos camarone. Cast iron, garlic, pequins, fresno's, 'peno's, yellow onion, roma toms, pina', 31/40's, chorizo seasoning, t-scorp powder, sea salt and fresh black pepper. Add corn tore tillah's and guacify with avo's. My latest weekend thang...

IMG_2790.jpg

That ain't pixie dust on them 'thar shrimps!

IMG_2792.jpg

No words for this pic..

IMG_2794.jpg

Gotta' have the tex-mex msg....lime wedges...

IMG_2796.jpg

Have mercy.

I could eat that straight from the skillet :)

For all things Holy!!!!

TB, that Tex-Mex shrimp meal looks so Divine that I feel like I have sinned lusting after it.

AND just when I have domed my soul I saw JayT's chix meal.

JayT, you sir are the fry master and between your pics and TB's, I was drooling so much my eyes were even watery.

I think I need a smoke now and I don't even smoke. :lol:

that shrimp dish reminds me of a spanish style dish that's been a standard bar food in my country. Gambas al Ajillo. shrimp in garlic, chili powder (sweet and hot paprika), butter, spring onions, worcestershire sauce, some white wine, and a squeeze of lime. but the philippine version is a lot redder and a tad bit spicier. much like the shrimp dish you made. =D

just saying.

i love that stuff.

that shrimp dish reminds me of a spanish style dish that's been a standard bar food in my country. Gambas al Ajillo. shrimp in garlic, chili powder (sweet and hot paprika), butter, spring onions, worcestershire sauce, some white wine, and a squeeze of lime. but the philippine version is a lot redder and a tad bit spicier. much like the shrimp dish you made. =D

just saying.

i love that stuff.

An adobo style would be good too! I love THAT stuff!

Very nice showings!! :clap:

The food here seems to go off like a geyser.....

.....nothing..........nothing..........nothing........then WHOOSH!!!! Everyone posts-up at once!

I had some frozen bell peppers that needed to be used......and Retta was coming out for dinner last night....soooo.....

I decided to try some stuffed peppers. Now keep in mind that, including this time, I have made stuffed peppers a grand total of ONCE in my entire life.

This is my interpretation....

The players:

100_2275.jpg

Cut open the peppers popper-style and de-seeded:

100_2286.jpg

Browned the sausage and the onions with a little S&P:

100_2279.jpg

100_2282.jpg

Added the diced tomatoes and chilies with it's liquid, chopped spinach, the rice mix, and a bit of chicken broth....and cooked for about 20-25 minutes:

100_2285.jpg

I added the pre-cooked shrimp at the last second and stuffed the mixture in like so:

100_2297.jpg

...and then covered them with habanero cheddar:

100_2299.jpg

...........TBC.....

Back