food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

venison black bean sauce, bhut jolokia (powder) stir fry, it was good & HOT!

100_7404.jpg

Made up some Caribbean-Style Shrimp with Pineapple for lunch and shared it with dear ol' maw. I had some pineapple to use up anyways. I used a Fatalli instead of a SB and really liked the flavor between the pineapple, coconut milk and pepper. Not too sure what to make of the dish, but seeing as how we polished it off I guess it was good :). Mom's not a chili head by any means, but she really like the heat and flavor. Definitely something different from the usual garlic butter shrimp.

Pineapple, tomato, onion, ginger, Caribbean curry powder and salt.
carribeanshrimp002.jpg

coconut milk added and simmered
carribeanshrimp003.jpg

Shrimp added

carribeanshrimp004.jpg

Sorry no fancy plate up, just slop it on with some rice and soy sauce

carribeanshrimp005.jpg

Open face Oaxaca Sub.
Using chibatta bread, I put a layer of my Ancho Jicama slaw, then a layer of Mole de Pavo (turkey), topped with a Oaxaca, teqiula, mesquite cheese sauce. A side if yucca fries with my Ancho lime dip.

NovTD9-1.jpg

Open face Oaxaca Sub.
Using chibatta bread, I put a layer of my Ancho Jicama slaw, then a layer of Mole de Pavo (turkey), topped with a Oaxaca, teqiula, mesquite cheese sauce. A side if yucca fries with my Ancho lime dip.

Sounds great Rich, where's the pics, gotta have pics.

Wow some nice looking meals here. That looks veeeery tasty Richo, and Blister... I knew that was your dish before seeing your name just by the pics. Nice one.

I made some Puerco Pibil for Christmas lunch so felt I needed to make good use of the leftovers. Multigrain tortilla with Puerco Pibil, tomato, jalapenos, cheese and some of Wildfire Chilli's Smokey Jolokia:

001-14.jpg

003-6.jpg

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.
This one's for you, Pf. Mr. Stoveaphobe once cooked in an oven. THE HORROR!

For lunch I heated up a can of chili, and added some ghost-pepper - habanero hot sauce to it. It was wonderful! :onfire:

What, no Top Ramen noodles and cheese on top? ;) I'd eat chili like that more often if anyone else in the house would eat it that way. :lol:

Back