food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

Looks good SL, the standard trinity is celery, onion and green pepper. Also might want to try a little thyme and oregano. May be some shrimps to go with that good sausage.

LC, yea, I know the original trinity has green peppers, but none of us are huge gp fans... :(

couldn't find the thyme to look for oregano...:lol:... but shrimps are always good!

Mirepoix ain't the trinity. logchief is 100% correct. You need to ditch the carrots for green bells for Cajun.

but I don't LIKE green bells!

practicing for the TD, here's the first attempt-

andouille getting happy,
d30d52a8.jpg

veggies getting happy-
carrot, celery, onion, garlic, black pepper, cayenne, bay leaf
63ce67c9.jpg

everything else getting happy, all in the fav CI pan~-
tomatoes, chichen broth and at the end, gumbo file powder-
bea0641a.jpg

it was all gone last night, but still needs work- suggestions?

SL - looks good! :woohoo:

HSL.....

I have a thought.

86 the carrots FOR SURE.....

And in place of the bell pepper, add in jalapenos.

Simple and effective........and it satisfies the requirement! ;)

You can thank me later..... :cool:

I cooked Spaghetti and Meat Balls with Homemade Tomato Sauce.
I fried Ghosts Peppers with Garlic in Olive oil on the side. That way anyone could add as much heat as they preferred.

PF, TB and PK,

thanks!

OK- carrots gone, and PF, chicken wasn't on the original list of meats to use but I hope that list gets significantly expanded. Maybe just extra credit for using gator or crawfish.

Pi- that's a good idea also. We'll have to see what the rules state, but maybe Pauly's jalapenos will work. THP did say "green" and "pepper" and jalapeno is green and it's a pepper! :lol:

I really hope the 5 choices of meats get eliminated and we can use anything. :fingerscrossed:

And don't be skeered, PF, Pauly hasn't sent me any of his cookbooks yet...I'm just doing this one on a wing and a beer...OOPS! I mean a wing and a PRAYER! :pray: ~~~
:rofl:

I cooked Spaghetti and Meat Balls with Homemade Tomato Sauce.
I fried Ghosts Peppers with Garlic in Olive oil on the side. That way anyone could add as much heat as they preferred.

hi pepperjoe,

that's a good way to be considerate of the rest of the diners. Sometimes I get a little carried away with the spice and then have to listen to the whining~

PF, TB and PK,

thanks!

OK- carrots gone, and PF, chicken wasn't on the original list of meats to use but I hope that list gets significantly expanded. Maybe just extra credit for using gator or crawfish.

Pi- that's a good idea also. We'll have to see what the rules state, but maybe Pauly's jalapenos will work. THP did say "green" and "pepper" and jalapeno is green and it's a pepper! :lol:

I really hope the 5 choices of meats get eliminated and we can use anything. :fingerscrossed:

And don't be skeered, PF, Pauly hasn't sent me any of his cookbooks yet...I'm just doing this one on a wing and a beer...OOPS! I mean a wing and a PRAYER! :pray: ~~~
:rofl:

Beer works....:cheers:

I'd bet money that fresh jalapenos instead of the green (or red or yello)pepper would be an amazing and effective substitution. I may, in fact try that out myself!

Your first attempt was gangbusters.....I can't wait to see the real deal!!!

:clap:

Just today we had Stuffed Sweet Bell Peppers. I had a pork/veal/turkey ground mix seasoned well including my Home Made Ghost Pepper Powder.
I cook them in a Crock Pot and toss some Jalapeno's stuffed with Sharp cheese and Pepperoni along side of the Bells.
On top I place a thick slice of Tomato and Red Onion and Bacon. The juices from this drip down into the Bell Pepper and Meat Mixture.
MMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Back