• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

grantmichaels said:
We only have a problem if you feel that way about croissants, too ... because ... CROISSANTS ARE BUTYRACEOUS! ...
That's a completely different animal.

It's not something you pour into a pre-formed frying device and mass-produce (meaning making several exactly the same size and shape....
paulky_2000 said:
Tat's a completely different animal.

It's not something you pour into a pre-formed frying device and mass-produce (meaning making several exactly the same size and shape)....

The Hot Pepper said:
I like homemade waffles too. Sorry lol.
I do too!

I simply don't think wasting the time for something like I made would be worth the effort on a Monday evening after work for a VERY marginal difference....
FreeportBum said:
waffle wars see it on thp. Ignorance is bliss
Keep it up.

The difference is pretty substantial. But yeah when in a rush for sure.

The Hot Pepper said:
The difference is pretty substantial. But yeah when in a rush for sure.
Yes.

Not worth hours of extra effort for something you'll eat in 5 minutes....but better, for sure.

And he is really beginning to piss me off about it.

paulky_2000 said:
I do too!I simply don't think wasting the time for something like I made would be worth the effort on a Monday evening after work for a VERY marginal difference....Keep it up.
Keep what up? My opinion that homemade waffles are better then processed frozen waffles. Don't let it bother you that much guy it's just the internet.lol

I didn't even look at your waffles your chicken had me, you made "Nashville Hot Chicken" from Prince's which is awesome! You got it golden brown and the whole dish is what matters. If someone wants to copy yours and make their own waffles, well, that's the easy part.

I like both of them for different reasons. Damn... gettin' hot up in herrrr like this is some TD... LOL.

FreeportBum said:
Keep what up? My opinion that homemade waffles are better then processed frozen waffles. Don't let it bother you that much guy it's just the internet.lol
Those were very selective points of this debate.

I understand now. You go enjoy your 12 hour waffles.

This is the internal conflict I go through almost every time I cook.

Do I 80/20 this, or do I go full out.

It all hinges on how you make these decisions.

The Hot Pepper said:
I didn't even look at your waffles your chicken had me, you made "Nashville Hot Chicken" from Prince's which is awesome! You got it golden brown and the whole dish is what matters. If someone wants to copy yours and make their own waffles, well, that's the easy part.

I like both of them for different reasons. Damn... gettin' hot up in herrrr like this is some TD... LOL.
I wasn't truly pissed till he implied that I was ignorant.

I see the allure of a 12 hour waffle....but, for the life of me, I'd rather make smoked BBQ, a slow-cooked prime rib.......or damned near anything else with a higher payoff.

BUT.....I didn't call him ignorant for doing so.

No you didn't. But you did seem to imply I was a "peck" and I should move along..LOL right? Like I said waffle wars see it on thp.

And to,address the 12 hour ferment. As others may know from the recipe I posted. You take all of 2 minutes to mix up,a few ingredients then let the batter sit overnight on the counter while you sleep. I know that may seem hard but I assure you it's not. Carry on

FreeportBum said:
No you didn't. But you did seem to imply I was a "peck" and I should move along..LOL right? Like I said waffle wars see it on thp.

And to,address the 12 hour ferment. As others may know from the recipe I posted. You take all of 2 minutes to mix up,a few ingredients then let the batter sit overnight on the counter while you sleep. I know that may seem hard but I assure you it's not. Carry on
I will.

Thanks!

Back