food What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

It's dinner. Never had a sweet sauce with chicken nuggets/tenders? Honey is common for those here. Or think sweet and sour chicken at the Chinese takeout. Breading... chicken... sweet sauce.

You're not strange for not getting it. Lots of Americans don't either. It's good though.

Deathtosnails said:
I don't get the chicken and waffle mix.  Is it sweet or savoury? Looks tasty PK but my brain can't reconcile the combo.

No one really eats waffles here.  They're a brekkie thing yeah? Or is chicken and waffles a dinner thing?
Yes. ;)

Seriously......think about it like this:

As a breakfast-- It's like having bacon or sausage......except you're having the chicken instead.

As a lunch or dinner-- It's like having sliced bread with your chicken.....except the waffles are much better at soaking up all of the goodness on the plate!

Either way....it's a fantastic combo!
FreeportBum said:
That chicken looks awesome. Those waffles should be in the post your crappy spicy food. Haha
Yeah.....I know! BUT....for the price, time involved, and marginal difference in the quality.....I'll take the EGGO-style waffles any day.

Making homemade waffles just isn't worth it.

FreeportBum said:
We will have to agree to disagree.   Because

Yes..

Yes it is..

I make waffles. I have a waffle iron

It's TOTALLY worth it. if you don't want to eat crappy processed frozen waffles
Fair enough.

Pics....or it didn't happen.

And, by the way, unless you're making some foo-foo version of a waffle (aged raisin, Incan chocolate chips, white truffle, alien nuts)....or adding unicorn farts.....

I challenge you to prove it.

It was the base for an ethnic version of fried chicken.......NOT a Royal Cock patted with the hands of a thousand eunuchs.....

If I want something special......I'll consider your thought process.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inj9xB49zuo

pics or it didn't happen? you must have missed this the other day. Fried chicken and waffle sandwich. on buttermilk sourdough waffles with 12 hour ferment? little tropical heat wave maple cream sauce to go with all that sexy.  thick cut local bacon, with a buttermilk/rosemary brined fried chicken breast.  
20150223_183931_zpszcvk0nne.jpg

20150223_183925_zpsvazveppc.jpg

20150223_184405_zpsls8wrdsh.jpg

FreeportBum said:
pics or it didn't happen? you must have missed this the other day. Fried chicken and waffle sandwich. on buttermilk sourdough waffles with 12 hour ferment? little tropical heat wave maple cream sauce to go with all that sexy.  thick cut local bacon, with a buttermilk/rosemary brined fried chicken breast.  
20150223_183931_zpszcvk0nne.jpg

20150223_183925_zpsvazveppc.jpg

20150223_184405_zpsls8wrdsh.jpg
One is square.....one is round. It's a waffle.

Nice pics, by the way.

grantmichaels said:
Awwww ... hate it when daddy and daddy fight ...

attachicon.gif
friendgif.gif
Daddy's rear end...... ;)

It's a farking waffle. It's a glorified piece of bread. It's not even a GOOD piece of bread under the BEST of circumstances.. It's not worth fussing over for an hour (or 12)....At BEST, you're going to re-purpose it to be something it wasn't intended to be. At worst.....you are going to put butter and syrup on the damned thing and hope the bacon is crispy......

And there is nothing on earth that will convince me that there's something I'm missing.

paulky_2000 said:
Daddy's rear end...... ;)

It's a farking waffle. It's a glorified piece of bread. It's not even a GOOD piece of bread under the BEST of circumstances.. It's not worth fussing over for an hour (or 12)....At BEST, you're going to re-purpose it to be something it wasn't intended to be. At worst.....you are going to put butter and syrup on the damned thing and hope the bacon is crispy......

And there is nothing on earth that will convince me that there's something I'm missing.

We only have a problem if you feel that way about croissants, too ... because ... CROISSANTS ARE BUTYRACEOUS! ...

Back