• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

It all starts with the dough...

and the other shit​....stuff...... :lol:

Ingredients:  Dill, Calabrian Chili's, Oregano, Shallot, Capers, Calabrian Infused Chili Oil, Tuna in Olice Oil, Dough, Spicy Prosciutto Spread, Goat Cheese and Ghost Pepper Pickles.

24 hr ferment in the fridge and final proofing in a clothe before the bake.

meanwhile, chop up half of the   fresh Calabrian chili's and saute in the Calabrian Oil until softened....set aside

Fold in the tuna along with chopped Pickles, Shallots Dill and sliced Calabrian Chili's.

racking the loafs after the bake.....although very tempting, youre better off waiting to cut the bread was cooled down...for that moist crumb chew.

appetizers for this past weekends football games. Tuna mix on half of the Crostini's.....Goat Cheese and  Spicy Prociutto Spread with fresh Oregano and Sauteed Chili's on the others

Whoa... :shocked:
How did all these awesome meals appear, as I was typing up tonight's dinner .!?

well, i'm not sure how any of this will compare. (or how anyone can evaar compare to Pic1 's awesome Meals&Pics :) )

nevertheless here is tonight's dinner;

Plated... oops, :doh: still gotta make room for the corn!

surf & turf
Chicken thighs& Bacon, grilled pineapple rings, grilled Shrimp& Rocoto/Manzano  Kabobs (1/2 marinated in mango juice and Pex peppers Flyin' lion...1/2 in Pex peppers Dragonburner *I especially like how this sauce colors up white meats*, and pineapple juice )and Veggie kababobs... ( also grilled sweet corn  dusted generously w/ Dru-BQ)
stuffed two of the yellow Manzanos with some crumbly Swiss cheese from the deli

I'd like to thank the following in no particular order for making this evenings dinner possible, as well as just being awesome pepper people;

Hogleg  (fresh Manzanos & Rocotos)
Pexpeppers (Sauces)
Smokenfire  (Seasoning)

Thanks,

:cheers:
GIP

PIC 1 said:

It all starts with the dough...

and the other shit​....stuff...... :lol:

Ingredients:  Dill, Calabrian Chili's, Oregano, Shallot, Capers, Calabrian Infused Chili Oil, Tuna in Olice Oil, Dough, Spicy Prosciutto Spread, Goat Cheese and Ghost Pepper Pickles.

24 hr ferment in the fridge and final proofing in a clothe before the bake.

meanwhile, chop up half of the   fresh Calabrian chili's and saute in the Calabrian Oil until softened....set aside

Fold in the tuna along with chopped Pickles, Shallots Dill and sliced Calabrian Chili's.

racking the loafs after the bake.....although very tempting, youre better off waiting to cut the bread was cooled down...for that moist crumb chew.

appetizers for this past weekends football games. Tuna mix on half of the Crostini's.....Goat Cheese and  Spicy Prociutto Spread with fresh Oregano and Sauteed Chili's on the others
YOU'VE got to be kidding me!!!! Just slap my silly and call me Sally!!! Are you really Wolfgang Puck???????
What can I say pic 10s across the board!!

When are you going to start the THP bakers section???? Ill be a student. :)

oldsalty said:
YOU'VE got to be kidding me!!!! Just slap my silly and call me Sally!!! Are you really Wolfgang Puck???????
What can I say pic 10s across the board!!

When are you going to start the THP bakers section???? Ill be a student. :)
I'll be student # 2 in the Bakers section...   :high:                                                                ;)

no, seriously though... nice job again Pic1  :clap:

:cheers:

I couldn't pass up making this appetizer with these fresh ingredients...

Hawaiian Uhu.......and some other local ingredients,,,,,,,,,Pineapple, Papaya, Hula Onion, Tomato, Avocado, Cilantro............Citrus..........Peppers

Chopped up the fish, added the Lime, Lemon and Orange juice and placed in the fridge overnight.

Drained the liquid and added the chopped veg and fruit....plus drizzled some  infused Garlic Oil

Plating for two.......Hawaiian Uhu   Cerviche with fresh Guacamole, Seaweed Salad and Chips....with a bucket of Castaway's

The only thing missing is a good shake of... " Ginger and MaryAnn "

I smoked 3 chickens yesterday with apple wood. I made a dry rub with tons of aji limo powder, and stuffed the birds with fresh thyme, onions, butter, and a couple aji amarillo. For the side, I made a salad with blue cheese chunks, sauteed shiitake, and topped it with a fresh blueberry and rocoto vinaigrette.

This is the only pic I took, but I just joined this forum, so I'll start snapping better pics while I cook with peppers from now on.

You guys are posting some ridiculously good looking food!  My wife and I decided to eat some leftover smoked chicken from last night, but I had to spice it up as usual.  I made a fresh crema de rocoto for dipping the chicken.  I also whipped up a strawberry lemon drop vinaigrette for the salad dressing, since we ate all of the blueberry rocoto vinaigrette last night.  I snapped pics of the ingredients, and the end result.  The ingredients are simple, but the smoked chicken tasted just as good today as it did last night.

Attachments

• 20150923_183851.jpg
    20150923_183851.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20150923_192636.jpg
    20150923_192636.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20150922_200156.jpg
    20150922_200156.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20150923_194948.jpg
    20150923_194948.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 44

This probably belongs over in the  :drunk: Chef thread, but oh well... here ya go.

we had a Pimp my Ramen challenge(aka cook like a college kid) over in Chat (no prizes, just fun... only stipulation was that it had to be less than $5 to make it)
so this was the last spicy meal I made:

Egg-in-a-Nest
Cup o Noodles cooked and drained, leftover piece of Avocado from lunch dusted with pepper seasoning,Microwave Poached Egg, last Fresh aji Pineapple Pepper, and my homemade 4 Red pepper Blend

:cheers: ,

G I P

Last night I decided to smoke some freshy caught Blue Fish. I filleted the fish, and made a brine with a fresh aji amarillo, some aji lemon drop powder, and reaper powder.

I brined the fish all night, then threw the filets on my dehydrator for a couple hours on the lowest heat setting to prep them for my smoker.

I then threw them in my smoker with a combination of Apple and Pecan wood.

While the fish smoked, I prepped a rocoto, apple, and mint chutney.

Once the fish was ready, I put some cream cheese on a dill and sea salt triscuit, topped that with some smoked fish, and drizzled on some of the rocoto/apple/mint chutney.

Attachments

• 20150929_191027.jpg
    20150929_191027.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 45
  • 20150929_193743.jpg
    20150929_193743.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20150929_200627.jpg
    20150929_200627.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20150930_164839.jpg
    20150930_164839.jpg