• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Whats on your sammich?

I have countless favorites, but the sandwich I crave the most....

Peanut butter, Bacon and chipotle on toasted rye!!! Sounds weird but it's totally awesome!!!!!

~Pepperjack

The peanut and bacon yes can imagine that working well and the chipotle with Rye sounds like a sandwich to try that one,Now im hungry time for Bacon and eggs :(

Pepperjack said:
I have countless favorites, but the sandwich I crave the most....

Peanut butter, Bacon and chipotle on toasted rye!!! Sounds weird but it's totally awesome!!!!!

~Pepperjack

While guiding flyfishers in Alaska, I had some cats that would fish with me every year. They had this whole ceremony of eating peanut butter, yellow onion and white bread sammiches. I was skeptical at first. One day I had the cast iron skillet on the fire and we tossed them onto the skillet and browned them up...
They forgot all about the fish I was going to fry up for them.
Very good stuff...too bad I didn't hit with Sriacha...even better.

Cheers, TB.

Had some grilled chicken, taters and anahiems in a sammich the other day... looked weird, tasted sooooo good. :shocked:

Hmmm, i have Yukon Gold tators..best in the world....sounds good.

Nah, I'll make a breakfast skillet....I like cooking. :shocked:

Don't have any pics cause I kinda ate it already, but had one killer sammich!
Homemade Guacamole (Fresh Avocados, JalapeƱos, Green Onion, Lemon juice, Salt and Pepper), Fresh Pear Tomatoes, Cucumbers sliced and Pastrami.

This just in, a new sandwich combo, On a fresh sub roll, thin sliced cooked domestic ham, hot pepper cheese, a nice spread of mayo, thinner spread of mustard, lettuce, cucumber salad and UTZ barbeque potato chips. Its very good.

Dick, you'd be surprised how many folks do the chip 'thang to their sammich's. My grandma did that with good 'ol Lays chips for every sandwich. Once I topped a burger with nacho's before adding the top bun. Loved it! Your simple sammy is just that...simple goodness.

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Dick, you'd be surprised how many folks do the chip 'thang to their sammich's. My grandma did that with good 'ol Lays chips for every sandwich. Once I topped a burger with nacho's before adding the top bun. Loved it! Your simple sammy is just that...simple goodness.

Cheers, TB.

I like the crunch factor, TB try a hot dog with peanut butter on it. crunchy is best, peanut butter only, no mustard an ketchup.

That's not a sammich. THIS is a sammich:

840A0103.jpg

from this here old thread ( including recipe!?!)

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=1993

Hmm, not bad, i dont see any onions, tomato, lettuce, or cheddar tho..could use olives too. ;)

Meat is fun, needs a supporting cast though, IMO.

Four meat, one cheese? Pah.

Back