• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Where Do You Work?

I am the operations manager for a sugar company.  There are three mills here in Mackay.  Prior to that I managed the factory operations for an American sugar company that had 5 factories.  Turning vegetable matter into sweetness!

I work for a NZ government organisation that represents tertiary (mainly University lecturers) teachers. They sponsor research and do professional development.

I run the website and do all the marketing and advertising.

I am a tinbender or tinsmith. I have been for the biggest part of my life. I also do but not limited to electrician, gas fitter, remodeling, HVAC tech and once went on a call to bury a dog.  :mope:

But a tin Smith mostly. Mostly.

I also started and own/run my own business. I am a freight broker but strictly deal with Department of Defense freight. For example: if military base A needs to get 3 hummvees or hell even if it's 25 coffee makers (yes it has happened lol) to military base B, the transportation officer at base A puts the information for that load of freight into a computer system (GFM) and the computer will spit out a list of all the companies that do what I do in order from cheapest to most expensive. I smooth talk that transportation officer into paying me a bunch of money. I then post that load onto a couple different computer systems and find a trucking company to haul that load. Say the govt is going to pay me $5000, I find a trucking company to haul it for $3000 and keep the difference.

Basically I screw the government as hard as possible by charging them alot of money, then turn around and give truckers a little bit of that money and keep the rest. Anybody can do this. All you need is phone, Internet, and a $100,000 bond for the govt and a $75,000 bond for the DOT. ;-)
I work from home in my pj's and have zero college and earn more than most of my college grad friends. One friend even has a master's degree in finance and he wants me to hire him lol.

Stay home dad.  I make a few bucks online still but it's getting less and less since my son was born.  Hardly any time to devoter solid work to my sites and have let most expire. 

well, let's see..... How many hats ???

Self employed....

electrical contractor
electrical administrator
electrical journeyman
food processor
BPCS certified processor
HR director
QC administrator
R&D coordinator
marketing director
CFO
bookkeeper
collections department manager
chief cook and bottle washer
Wife & Mom
HMFIC

and that's on a normal day~~~  :lol: 

wouldn't change it for the world.......unless I win the lottery...... ;)

salsalady said:
well, let's see..... How many hats ???

Self employed....

electrical contractor
electrical administrator
electrical journeyman
food processor
BPCS certified processor
HR director
QC administrator
R&D coordinator
marketing director
CFO
bookkeeper
collections department manager
chief cook and bottle washer
Wife & Mom
HMFIC

and that's on a normal day~~~  :lol: 

wouldn't change it for the world.......unless I win the lottery...... ;)
You left out:
Corrector
THP President, Food Consultant
THP SVP, Marketing Consultant
THP VP, All Around Great Advice (AAGA)

:cheers:

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
You left out:
Corrector
THP President, Food Consultant
THP SVP, Marketing Consultant
THP VP, All Around Great Advice (AAGA)

:cheers:
:lol:  That's all for my "2nd" job.  :lol: (afterhours)  ;)

I'm just a THP addict, not prez, Vp, or other~ 

LDHS- well, thanks, but no thanks.

BTW,  what to YOU do for a living LDHS?  Do you even have a job????  xoxo  :lol:

Back