• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild, Indeed, Community Thread

Just getting this started so I can get a url.
I will post more about this in a couple of days.
duck6.jpg

Happy New Year, 2021!

Last edited:
Some perfect C eshbaughii. The trichomes don't lie. You have a pack on its way to you with wild collected berries inside. Maybe that stockier, more purple stemmed phenotype will be in there as well for you to compare. You got these from Fowler right?

Capsicum geminifolium

52728499876_9c66e5a3fa_b.jpg

52728501831_333dd142d0_b.jpg

52728916780_94e355bd30_b.jpg

52727977512_0362bea916_b.jpg

52727975472_e957fd24a5_b.jpg

52728750239_c158a74d06_b.jpg
Great pics! Wilds capsicums have been some of my favorite to grow over the years. Only growing one wild capsicum this season due to limited space (Capsicum Caatingae).

Rough start here, with all the ups and downs this season. The three Flexuosum have finally turned the corner though, they all look about the same.
20230607_164232.jpg

Hybridized Uvalde purple from Paul grew, but only one of them seems of retained the color. The habit also seems a little different, but time will tell. I remember being a little concerned for them early on, but I don't think there's any stopping them now.
20230607_163928.jpg

Looks great, CF! Good luck with the Uvalde.
Thanks Paul! Couldn't have done it without you!
I don't think they were ready for full sun yet, a couple of them paled out yesterday, but I'm hoping to move at least one into the community garden. Maybe get it planted this weekend. It went from flooded to crispy there in short order and we've been reluctant to plant with only being able to get over there once or twice a week.

👌 Very cool CC; do you think it could be just due to the environmental conditions?
Hard to tell. There is other new growth on this plant which is looking totally normal.

Either some environmental issue perhaps caused by its freeze and thaw cycles over winter or if I’m really lucky it’s a sport!

Assuming it doesn’t die off I have 3 game plans:
- save seeds from any pods that manage to form on that variegated part
- attempt to take cuttings from that section if it grows enough to risk it
- take pollen from any flowers that open on that section and cross into other flexuosum plants I have if possible

There was some bird poop on the leaves above this, that’s what I thought this was from a distance. It’s hidden on the less accessible side of the plant, so at least it’s sheltered.

Hard to tell. There is other new growth on this plant which is looking totally normal.

Either some environmental issue perhaps caused by its freeze and thaw cycles over winter or if I’m really lucky it’s a sport!

Assuming it doesn’t die off I have 3 game plans:
- save seeds from any pods that manage to form on that variegated part
- attempt to take cuttings from that section if it grows enough to risk it
- take pollen from any flowers that open on that section and cross into other flexuosum plants I have if possible

There was some bird poop on the leaves above this, that’s what I thought this was from a distance. It’s hidden on the less accessible side of the plant, so at least it’s sheltered.
Ok keep us posted and good luck with this new path!

Back