• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

Woo

20130918_103435_zps2ecaec29.jpg

quick bad picture update most of the wilds are moving like snails but some are going faster.
IMAG0557_zps91404abd.jpg

IMAG0565_zps2abb1938.jpg

IMAG0563_zps1fac69a6.jpg

capsicum eximium going woody
IMAG0562_zps4a51b37a.jpg

IMAG0561_zps532dd45b.jpg

IMAG0560_zpsbdd7e11a.jpg

I think I need a bump for the rest

Nice stuff Nightshade. Those St Lucia birds are S-L-O-W. I sowed some in July and they are only 3-4" tall now. Of course, that might just be me!!!

IMAG0559_zpsdb823892.jpg

IMAG0558_zpsffb5eedc.jpg

IMAG0555_zps8d14d420.jpg

IMAG0554_zps3bbb2928.jpg

IMAG0553_zps4af0bf80.jpg

Nigel said:
Nice stuff Nightshade. Those St Lucia birds are S-L-O-W. I sowed some in July and they are only 3-4" tall now. Of course, that might just be me!!!
yea I have found the st lucia to be pretty slow but most of my wilds are slow they don't really explode til they reach about 4 to 5 inches

Well I've given wilds their first shot to make it here at Casa de Coheed. I sowed 6 each of C. Tovarii and C. Lanceolatum, 2 C.Galapagoense and 2 Donne Sali.

Put them in rapid rooters, and then into the incubator that used to hatch snake and gecko eggs. Keeps the temperature at a constant 86.5°F. If I'm lucky and get any to sprout, I plan on keeping 2 Tovarii and 2 Lanceolatum and 1 of each of the others.

I have found consistency is not very good at sprouting wilds. Different levels of moisture ,temp., and time are key to sprouting wilds
I will trade you for some lance and tovarii seeds

Well the incubator has a digital thermostat so I can lower it for a few days and just change it every couple of days.

I only have 6 of each left. Do you have a list or anything you could email or PM me?

Heres an update to how C. Galapagoense is doing for me...
IMAG0479_zps557691e0.jpg

Loving those fuzzy leaves...
Nigel, awesome Rhomb you got going on over there... Keep the pics coming, Pson is that a 1st year plant or and over wintered one?

Can't wait for Noah to get off his butt and do an update on that smexy Rhomb hes got growing..

John - I was thinking hell, I`m the shiznit, look at my flowers. Then you dump that bark on me. Holy hell, you really know what you are doing and I`m not even a novice. You make me feel like a freshman girl at Prom...........

Nigel said:
John - I was thinking hell, I`m the shiznit, look at my flowers. Then you dump that bark on me. Holy hell, you really know what you are doing and I`m not even a novice. You make me feel like a freshman girl at Prom...........
You are the shiznit Nigel,to me atleast!!! I blame it on luck with this tovarii. I wanted to show how woody these things get,you really need to trellis them. The branches bark over and get brittle,even when they are relatively young. I have been mulling over the possibility of cutting it back for winter.

Back