• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

One of our own sent me some pods of Guampinha de Veado. I guess it's a semi-wild? They are the best-tasting snack pepper I've ever had! They make hundreds of peppers and every one will be eaten dried and as a snack. Several of the grandkids eat them also!

I will make a hedge of these along the side of the house.

Beth.Peppermania got seeds from somewhere a few seasons ago.
Even though she is the Aji Queen,she comes up with a lot of other stuff.

I don't know your seed source but do know you'll get tired of picking pods before the plant decides to stop putting them out.

Easy to grow and VERY productive.

Only similar pepper that I like as well or better is Xigole,also from Beth.

Too bad the good ones are so small.
I want them both to be soccer balls in size. LOL

IMAG0412_zps8a881506.jpg

CGN 19198 CAPSICUM EXIMIUM

IMAG0411_zpsfe8bc6bb.jpg

CGN 21502 CAPSICUM EXIMIUM

IMAG0409_zps734e771b.jpg

CAPSICUM ANNUM VAR. GLABRISCULUM "CHILTEPIN"
This is my bonchi candidate for the bonchi challenge he is starting to grow back from my cut down

IMAG0415_zps29b52350.jpg

CGN 19198 CAPSICUM EXIMIUM
starting to branch out . this picture was literally taken with my nose because I have a cast on my other hand so I cant move my thumb.

This is a great thread.  There a some beautiful looking plants and fascinating peppers.

You guys make my wish list way too long!   I won't live long enough to grow a quarter of it!  

Getting ahold of some of these rare seeds is the hard part, and then sprouting em is another story... Hairy lil bugger that C. Eximium is..

Portuge the pictures don't do them justice they really are unbelievable hairy!! The tough part is using tweezers to pull the little pieces of dirt out. Talk about time consuming

I want to do a few wilds for next year. I like the eximium because of those sexy flowers. Since they're closely related to the pubescens I don't think they do good in this Vegas dump. Unless you grow them indoors.

, Walter

Back