• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
It must really suck going through all the trouble to grow something and have it turn out to be different. I haven't had enough plants make it to pod stage to experience any NOTS. My dorset naga thats really a brazillian starfish was definitely a case of me mixing up my labels. I got a genuine albeit small and inedible dorset naga pod last season but through the overwintering I had a few plants that were just sticks. I guess my dorest naga never made it and I won't get to grow one for a year. :( I'll get some seeds for next season and grow a lot of them. :D
Still sounds to me like you have the same Dorset Naga curse though.... :P :lol:

Hey, Pablo_h, were yours supposed to be Dorset Nagas also? They kind of look like the same things I have. (I think we may have discussed this already but I can't remember now!)

I am finally home after 3 months working away up north. I am only home until tomorrow then away for 2 more weeks the yeehaa home for 10 days.
I needed to work for so long to get the bank off my back after the last couple of years of being ill my mortgage was looking a little sad but hopefully I have staved off the bank and can get on with
the serious business of chilli growing.
22900 mixed chilli plants ready for planting. I am planting 20000 in the garden and 2900 are getting potted for sale.
I am seriously thinking of doing a "pick your own chillies" system where prospective buyers can come out and well >Pick their own" at a reduced rate. That way I dont have to pay pickers so I can offer a
cheaper rate. What do you guys think.??
I know I promised a few people seeds but I just havent had a chance to send them, they are all bagged up and waiting to go and I will have to get them sent off within the next few days.
So please be patient, not in time for this season but definately ready for next.

IMG_20111102_4677.jpg

WOW!!!! That is truly amazing there Marc. Nice to see you are going well and the Chilli babies too!
Great that you managed to pick up some work, really sucks but pays the bills.

Hey i'll have to come up sometime for a Beer and say hello seeing I am finally back driving.

Been pretty quiet on here lately, been struggling with a bout of black spot(came from tomatoe plants brought from nurseries) but after seeing your healthy babies i'm more motivated!

Micca

Come up mate there is plenty of roon in the games room to crash so as not to risk your licence. I am back again until the 27th at present. You still got my number?
WOW!!!! That is truly amazing there Marc. Nice to see you are going well and the Chilli babies too!
Great that you managed to pick up some work, really sucks but pays the bills.

Hey i'll have to come up sometime for a Beer and say hello seeing I am finally back driving.

Been pretty quiet on here lately, been struggling with a bout of black spot(came from tomatoe plants brought from nurseries) but after seeing your healthy babies i'm more motivated!

Micca

Hey Sandgroper & whoever else in WA is selling chillies...

There was a country show a few weeks back in Whittlesea VIC that I went to, and an Indian dude from Perth was out selling his chutnies, pastes and sauces. Told him that I may know a few people in WA that could supply him with chillies (whether it be pick yourself or whatever) and that I'd pass on his details.

Anyone interested? He's going to farmers markets around Perth to get his stuff at the moment.

Come up mate there is plenty of roon in the games room to crash so as not to risk your licence. I am back again until the 27th at present. You still got my number?

Sweet, sounds great Mate. I'll give you a call soon.
How did you go with the 7-Molhos? The plant you gave me nearly died but has just started to bounce back and has a flower on it. Doesn't look like a Chinense to me unfortunately.

Micca

There was a country show a few weeks back in Whittlesea VIC that I went to, and an Indian dude from Perth was out selling his chutnies, pastes and sauces. Told him that I may know a few people in WA that could supply him with chillies (whether it be pick yourself or whatever) and that I'd pass on his details.

Anyone interested? He's going to farmers markets around Perth to get his stuff at the moment.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to. I might be able to but given my dismal last couple of years I can't guarantee anything!
Hey where does he sell his Chutneys, sauces etc. Love Indian food and would be good to get some authentic sauces etc.

Micca

And you're going to break a record for the longest period of no rain in November ever!

Sucks to be in Brisbane.... actually, I'd love to be there, providing I had a s**tload of rain water stored somewhere ;)

Why is it so hot, you bastards?

Afternoon was OK due to a nice breeze but now it's just ridiculous again.

Haha we got the heat yesterday. Keep it up there would ya!
Screw that! I'm sending it back down, and hell, I'll even pay express....

(Not all bad though, I guess, 'tis the season for swimming afterall! :D)

It got to 35 C down here in Logan, Brisbane..
All my babies are well fed, watered and mulched and kicking on with this heat..
My seedlings had to have a double drink but all are powering up to their next set of leaves. Will have to pot up to their big pots at this rate..
Best of luck guys and dont get burned..

Why is it so hot, you bastards?

Afternoon was OK due to a nice breeze but now it's just ridiculous again.

Screw that! I'm sending it back down, and hell, I'll even pay express....

(Not all bad though, I guess, 'tis the season for swimming afterall! :D)
Yeah enjoy the bull sharks.......

ya prick

:D

Yeah tell him to contact me if he wants chillies. I should have the odd spare tonne or two this season. PM me and I will give you my no.

one of my molhos's has a fruit on it about 3" long.
Sweet, sounds great Mate. I'll give you a call soon.
How did you go with the 7-Molhos? The plant you gave me nearly died but has just started to bounce back and has a flower on it. Doesn't look like a Chinense to me unfortunately.

Micca

Was he from Goan foods.
I'm sure someone on here will be able to. I might be able to but given my dismal last couple of years I can't guarantee anything!
Hey where does he sell his Chutneys, sauces etc. Love Indian food and would be good to get some authentic sauces etc.

Micca

Ok so this is a picture of one of the pods from the rogue Bishops Crown which I always thought was a Yellow 7 pot/pod.
I have noticed a few like this now, which don't seem typical and have these weird prominent spikes on them.

IMG_20111118_124608.jpg

IMG_20111118_124635.jpg

Is it possible at all that this was actually a cross??

Or are these weird spikes sometimes present on bishops crowns??

Back