• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Closeup of "Fireworks"
RIMG0038-1.jpg

Jalapeno
RIMG0035.jpg

Thai
RIMG0033.jpg

Red Habanero
RIMG0036.jpg

Now my problem is the Hab is not makin pods, plenty of flowers but they just drop off. It's been raining basically every day for the last 3 weeks and maxing out at 22 degrees, would this be a factor? Do C. chinense types need warmer weather? thnx for a great community of Aussies on here too, makes me proud to call Australia home :clap:

Everything's looking nice benzo :)
The only drop I've had has been on my annuums (namely amish bush)... Even with the terrible weather here atm my chinenses seem to be setting pods better.... albeit a little late.

How about this one?
Bhut Jolokia White, 45cm high plant
all the leaves are like this

BhutJolokiaWhite-1.jpg

Looking Gooooood Harry, when it turns red, also show us a pic of the insides....!!!!

My paler White Bhut has been good at producing huge leaves like those above but not good at setting fruit. I finally spotted a pod that was a couple millimetres long on Wednesday.

Meanwhile the first two pods on plant #1 are gradually changing through orange to red.

Red Habanero
RIMG0036.jpg

Now my problem is the Hab is not makin pods, plenty of flowers but they just drop off. It's been raining basically every day for the last 3 weeks and maxing out at 22 degrees, would this be a factor? Do C. chinense types need warmer weather? thnx for a great community of Aussies on here too, makes me proud to call Australia home :clap:

How damp is the soil due to the rain? My C. Chinense plants have produced fruit in cooler weather that has simply not grown to full size.

Yeah Harry the soil is fairly damp coz it is raining day in day out. Got woken up @7 this mornin from thunder crackin, absolutely pissed down then stopped around 11:30 and turned out great. Even managed to chuck some T-bones on the barbie. Don't wanna count my chickens before they hatch but I spotted a couple of hab flowers that looked like they might set.Fingers crossed!!

:censored: this!

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

War begins tomorrow. Double dose... no, wait... TRIPLE dose of Rogor. :censored: you mite, :censored: you fruit fly and :censored: you maggots.

I can't find one pod on my plants that hasn't been attacked (including the ten million pods on my Wasps). I figure as I can't eat any of them anyway now, why not go to town riding on some Rogor?

:censored: this!

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

War begins tomorrow. Double dose... no, wait... TRIPLE dose of Rogor. :censored: you mite, :censored: you fruit fly and :censored: you maggots.

I can't find one pod on my plants that hasn't been attacked (including the ten million pods on my Wasps). I figure as I can't eat any of them anyway now, why not go to town riding on some Rogor?

Have you considered building an isolation cage for a plant or two?

No, but that might be an idea. What would that entail?

I've yet to research much into control of this kind of problem but I've also been wondering... are flies the only things that would cause maggots? I really haven't seen any flies around my plants.

No, but that might be an idea. What would that entail?

I've yet to research much into control of this kind of problem but I've also been wondering... are flies the only things that would cause maggots? I really haven't seen any flies around my plants.

I figure an isolation cage of the style Candice has for seed isolation purposes would also serve to keep Fruitfly off your plants. The idea being after you annihilate them via a pesticide and a repeat application you would place the plant into the isolation cage. It would probably also be best to remove any fruit off the plant before placing it inside the cage.

Gas that sux bro .... this has been a frustrating season for many people out there it would seem. I think most of my issues stem from the crowded conditions that I grow in, which has resulted i the mites simply skipping from one plant to another and starting there damage.

Just got home from a night in brizzy at the Incubus gig to still find little mites running about still willy nilly on my leaves after my Neem, soap, garlic spray attack on wedensday night ... another one coming up tomorrow night and then another again on Wed next week we'll see how the plants respond to that by next saturday I am hoping to see some much improved plants. I think I also might get some eco-oil if this doesn't work and see how that goes as another organic weapon.

So in my stupidity tonight while looking too intently at (one of my 2 on the plant) my trinidad scorpion butch t (It is supposed to be anyway) I broke it off the plant :oops: :censored: :banghead: .... what a dumb ass .... anyway it gave me the opportunity to take a photo of it ... I still can't see anything resembling what I thought a trinidad scorpion would look like .....

IMG_20120209_194806.jpg

Sorry no time for decent photos tonight ... any ideas if this is indeed a trinidad scorpion butch t???

Hey Trippa thats a real sweet looking Pod there, nice work. Really doesn't look anything like a TS Butch.T that I have grown but still very :mouthonfire: looking.

Gas those poor pods what a big Bummer. Hope you can salvage some.

Micca

Well, dropped a nuke on everything yesterday so let's see what happens now.

On some brighter news, first Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorp setting:

IMG_7169.jpg

CGN 21500 setting again but not holding my breath after the plant dropped the last lot:

IMG_7197.jpg

Aji Russian Yellow doing alright and doesn't appear that fruit fly have discovered it yet:

IMG_7192.jpg

Not the best pic but *finally* got Pimenta da Neyde going and producing:

IMG_7178.jpg

Thanks, Nova! Had some of yours going too Moo but they all dieded on me. :( (I've had a bitch of a time getting one of these going!)

And a strange looking Bhut Jolokia:

IMG_7198.jpg

Sorry Grant but I think I now win, this guy just keeps growing.

getting-bigger.jpg

That sucks Gas, I had the same problem last year. Pick off all the pods put them in a bag and spray with the Rogor, any of the yuck pods left laying around will just hatch more of the little #@$@ers and the cycle won't stop. I don't think digging them into the ground helps either. Just try to nip it in the butt now in one go. I also used the fly traps, not sure if it really helped.

Yay hail storm as I'm typing :(

That sucks Gas, I had the same problem last year. Pick off all the pods put them in a bag and spray with the Rogor, any of the yuck pods left laying around will just hatch more of the little #@$@ers and the cycle won't stop. I don't think digging them into the ground helps either. Just try to nip it in the butt now in one go. I also used the fly traps, not sure if it really helped.

Hit everything with a double dose of Rogor yesterday. Hopefully the double dose will be enough to take out the bloody broad mite as well. Good idea too on removing the pods... I should probably get onto that. :lol: I just figured that seeing how Rogor is systemic and all, it would take care of 'em. Better to be safe than sorry though, I guess....

Yay hail storm as I'm typing :(

Rumbling outside here, ATM. And just starting to spit as I type this....

sorry to see some of you guys having such shit luck​
WOW Timmy you WIN.... what variety is it?​
Nova, sorry to here about your troubles with that Rabid creature tearing up your babies......did you end up shooting it???? :whistle:

I was reading gasificada`s post with his problems (bugs/parasites) and he lives not far from me, i thought you poor basket all that work & then some grubby little mite has a feed of your super hots.

And then tonight (whilst having a well earned bevvy) looking at my Bhut`s i noticed a couple of grub marks? i thought what could feed/live on something so hot??

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

What have i got? & what can i do about it?

Mezo.

I was reading gasificada`s post with his problems (bugs/parasites) and he lives not far from me, i thought you poor basket all that work & then some grubby little mite has a feed of your super hots.

And then tonight (whilst having a well earned bevvy) looking at my Bhut`s i noticed a couple of grub marks? i thought what could feed/live on something so hot??

bug1.jpg

bug2.jpg

What have i got? & what can i do about it?

Mezo.

The pests are not affected by Capsaicinoids as mammals are.

If the hole was eaten to the centre of the pod then remove it and cut it open to check if the pest is still inside.

The pests are not affected by Capsaicinoids as mammals are.

If the hole was eaten to the centre of the pod then remove it and cut it open to check if the pest is still inside.

Hey Mezzo, that pod looks like something may have laid som eggs in the pod (the black circular mark) ...cut it open see what you can find

It's a Burgundy 7Pod mate :) Hope the pods are also big

they look like Burgundy T Scorps sorta smooth like the Butch T or AJ's T Scorps.....prob about 3cms across

Back