• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Hey mate the Pimenta Da Neyde x Bhut looks pretty wicked.
I thought it might have been a cross, Da Neyde colour but Bhut shape.
Grants got some pretty cool crosses.

Volunteers your lucky. I need to find someone I have not burnt yet that will volunteer in the garden.
Everyone seems to go running Hahahaha

Micca

Micca302 said:
Hey mate the Pimenta Da Neyde x Bhut looks pretty wicked.
I thought it might have been a cross, Da Neyde colour but Bhut shape.
Grants got some pretty cool crosses.

Volunteers your lucky. I need to find someone I have not burnt yet that will volunteer in the garden.
Everyone seems to go running Hahahaha

Micca

Nooo, I meant plant volunteers... or 'self sown blighters' in other words. ;) People volunteers would be great! Unfortunately nobody here is game. As much as I have repeated myself time and time again explaining that the heat is on the inside of the berry, everybody here still thinks they are going to get burnt from touching the outside of a whole berry. If I didn't know better, I would say the sods are just acting dumb so as to avoid being asked to get out and help!

Doh!
I have a habit of misunderstandng things...............
Well would be nice to have some volunteers, but like you siad they get too scared!

Micca

yeah tried everywhere for them.
You get some funny looks when you ask Bunnings Hahahaha

Maybe should run an add-
Help wanted............free Chilli!

Micca

Wow, so I finally just got through all the previous 246 pages!

Hahaha

So I got a nice pic of my Hab this evening

bNvTK28.jpg

Hope it starts to take off soon

Are you guys growing this season?

Micca302 said:
You get some funny looks when you ask Bunnings Hahahaha

"Grunka-whats??" ahaha

Seriously though, it's all a cover. They are slaving the Grunka Lunkas out the back. We just have to figure out how to bust a few out now.....

Shurbryn said:

Patience and all in good time. Enjoy the peace and quiet while you have it! One moment you have one plant you wish would just hurry up and grow, then before you know it, you got 50+ growing up waaay too fast and all wanting a pot up at the same time. ;)

ATM I'm 'kinda' growing. Only kept a handful of plants from last season and have 20 or so plants I started in autumn. Unfortunately I was just too busy this year to do any winter gardening and my plants copped a bad dose of neglect. Now that I have a bit more time on my hands, I recently potted everybody up and things are slowly improving. And I did just put down another lot of seeds so I guess it might be time to start calling it a 'grow'. :D

Shurbryn said:
Wow, so I finally just got through all the previous 246 pages!

Hahaha

So I got a nice pic of my Hab this evening

Growing what? Hahahaha

I'm amazed you got through 246 pages and didn't fall asleep. I hope you didn't skip any  :shame:
Nah some pretty good info if you sift out all the bull and gas's dribbling.

So what is everyone growing this season? any new exiting ones?

I have a 7-Pod Primo Orange, Jays Ghost Peach and several Brazilians that are catching my attention at the moment.
Can't wait!

Micca

Micca302 said:

Growing what? Hahahaha

I'm amazed you got through 246 pages and didn't fall asleep. I hope you didn't skip any  :shame:
Nah some pretty good info if you sift out all the bull and gas's dribbling.

So what is everyone growing this season? any new exiting ones?

I have a 7-Pod Primo Orange, Jays Ghost Peach and several Brazilians that are catching my attention at the moment.
Can't wait!

Micca
Hahahaha  :shh:  :high:  lol

Yeah, and so many varieties I didn't even know about! But I'll leave those for next season. And all the talk about soil and different mixes has been a great help.
I started my seedlings in Osmocote seed raising mix, and now I'm wondering how it even worked for me hahaha

I did find that there's one Masters store here in Canberra and it has Debco premium potting mix. I may get some of that for potting up if it's still recommended?

Haha Gass's dribble wasn't that bad. The uh... cursing that some of the guys did was worse... but I saw that got all sorted  :whistle:

That's awesome Micca, looking forward to seeing how they turn out. 

That debco stuff was not bad. Compared to Scotts premium I usef last. I tried yet another kind. I tried a cheao bag of richgro. That stuff is absolutely awesome for making your premium potting mixes go further. With that I used the scotts vegetable and herbs and this stuff feels and looks much nicer. To that I added perlite and a peat brick. Check out my glog. If my plants in those do well I think ive found the mix ill use from now on.

Im growing some choc bhuts, ts scoprion, jalapeno, hungarian black, 7pod x naga, red bhut yellow bhut aji limon, and a couple of hybrids which im trying to germinate. Harvested about 500hab seeds and tested 10. Got 10 plants.

Im battling pests or conflicting nutes or some disease or something at the moment.

Got some nice ones happening there Sarge. the Chock Bhuts are always a good one :cool:

I'm trying to get back to my old mix of Debco Organic potting mix / Wormcastings and Perlite.
The Debco has been good to me but the key ingredient is the worm castings. I haven't been able to get any for a few years but this season I have :woohoo:

Micca

Micca302 said:
Got some nice ones happening there Sarge. the Chock Bhuts are always a good one :cool:

I'm trying to get back to my old mix of Debco Organic potting mix / Wormcastings and Perlite.
The Debco has been good to me but the key ingredient is the worm castings. I haven't been able to get any for a few years but this season I have :woohoo:

Micca

Cheers dude, I'm hoping I get some pods this season. My outdoor plants aren't looking too happy at the moment! Still diagnosing.

Can't find the big bags of the Debco organic mix. Only in small bags. I also don't think Bunnings stock debco products. I found it at a small nursery near my place they wanted $22 f'ing dollars for a 25kg bag.

Do you use the worm castings by mixing with your compost or do you make a tea out of it? I'm gonna build a worm hut cafe thing since I think 85 for 3 tier buckets is an absolute rip off. Kmart has black stackable containers which are $9 each I could easily make something out of.

Shurbryn said:
Hahahaha  :shh:  :high:  lol

Yeah, and so many varieties I didn't even know about! But I'll leave those for next season. And all the talk about soil and different mixes has been a great help.
I started my seedlings in Osmocote seed raising mix, and now I'm wondering how it even worked for me hahaha

I did find that there's one Masters store here in Canberra and it has Debco premium potting mix. I may get some of that for potting up if it's still recommended?
Haha Gass's dribble wasn't that bad. The uh... cursing that some of the guys did was worse... but I saw that got all sorted  :whistle:

That's awesome Micca, looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
Do you have alive seedlings in the Osmocote seed raising mix? I found that it retains far too much moisture and will not go near it again.

Hey Sarge I use Wormcastings mixed in with my potting mix and also Perlite mixed in.
Worm farms are great. Mine didn't go too good at the beginning.......something to do with forgetting to feed them!

micca

harry said:
Do you have alive seedlings in the Osmocote seed raising mix? I found that it retains far too much moisture and will not go near it again.
Yeah man, they're still kickin' lol

I need to get some new potting mix for when I pot them up, so I'm doing my research.

Sarge said:
I also don't think Bunnings stock debco products.
They do, I always buy the organic mix from Bunnings. From memory last time was around $13 for a 25 litre bag. Masters didn't have any but a member of staff told me they would be stocking Debco soon. This was 3 months ago now.

Sorry I meant masters. They dont have much debco there. The bunnings near me has the premium mix but not the organic mix.

I need some info dudes, after potting up and what not how often do you feed your plants and what do you use? I put dynamic lifter on the surface for slow release nutes. Is this enough for the plant? Ive got seasol and powerfeed and I was told to feed every second water alternating the two. Im also gonna grind egg shells and sprinkle over the surface for slow decomposing calcium.

Ha! I do tend to waffle on a bit, don't I? Even I myself sometimes wonder WTH I'm talking about after I have posted something. :lol:

Here in Brissy, Masters stock Debco products, Bunnings doesn't (the range at Bunnings is painful). Wow, Sarge, $22 for 25L is insane! The price I was paying a few months ago was $13 for 25L. IIRC, a few years back, it was around $11 for 30L. But I dunno... $13 isn't really too bad considering the quality. I would not pay $22, though. That's just :crazy:

Is there a lot of work involved in the worm farm, Micca? I've been thinking about getting one going for some time now. I would also like to start doing my own composting.

I find the worm farm is easy but you have to feed them enough but not too much.  I throw away a lot of good worm food because they don't eat quick enough.  The best thing about it is brewing some worm tea as a foliar feed.  The chillies love that stuff.

Just had to reset mine because I let it die.  Takes a while for them to get going at the start.

Back