Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Jinx away, the FF will come regardless. :mad: They usually show up around mid spring and disappear near the end of summer. Due to last autumn being so hot, though, they hung around a bit longer than usual. But the joke was on them.... I had dick all pods for them this year. :lol:

Jeez, this thread slipped to the 2nd page ... can't have that!

So I just took some more cuttings b4.

Under the LED lights, on the heat mat:
Zf8QfGh.jpg

Used the flash this time:
Ft1cdTI.jpg

With my 1st lot of cuttings 6 from 10 rooted so if I get a similar ratio this time I'll be moderately happy.
In a previous life when I used to grow a certain ... um ... err ... 'cash crop' I'd expect pretty much 100% success with cuttings.

nuclearDays said:
In a previous life when I used to grow a certain ... um ... err ... 'cash crop' I'd expect pretty much 100% success with cuttings.

Funny, I was just over on another forum reading some stuff about leaf mutations of a certain, uh, crop, came back here, kinda forgot where I was and I'm thinking, damn, that looks like chilli..... :rofl:

gasificada said:

Summer is always bad for growing over here too... it was just extra bad last summer. Of course, it probably didn't help that I had a lot less time for my plants last summer, either!

Early spring and autumn is where it's at here. In fact, I've decided that autumn is going to be the season I label as "grow season". :D The other seasons can be "getting by" seasons seeing as there's no real off-season here.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Well you would definitely know that’s for sure. I was generalizing a lot but JR also had a bad one and he knows his stuff.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I’m pretty hopeless with towns etc over east but remembered that some places were getting 40+Deg.C heat for 4 or more days in a row etc which I don’t remember them getting in the past.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]We usually have 4-5 day stints on 40+ heat and the poor Chilli’s(or us) can’t handle it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]This season seemed to get the heatwaves breaking up a bit and got a bit of a break.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It’s funny you say Autumn is the prime time. A while ago when visiting Candice from Wildfire and having a Chilli or 2 we decided the best time now is Autumn to set fruit and Spring for growing. Summer is just keeping them alive till the prime time kicks in.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Looks like Nucleardays also has the same opinion too  :P[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Micca[/SIZE]

Micca302 said:
[SIZE=10.5pt]It’s funny you say Autumn is the prime time. A while ago when visiting Candice from Wildfire and having a Chilli or 2 we decided the best time now is Autumn to set fruit and Spring for growing. Summer is just keeping them alive till the prime time kicks in.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Looks like Nucleardays also has the same opinion too  :P[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

We Aussies have our stuff sussed. :D It's funny how far we've come since the start of this thread. What we were told and believed, and what we learned ourselves since are two totally different things in some cases. Put your plants out in full sun, you need to have your season wrapped up by the end of summer, you can't grow in winter unless you have some fully decked out, heated grow room..... :rofl: (OK, I will concede it does get cold in some parts of Australia.)

And then you get smartasses like nukeDukem that come to the party late but still seem to know their stuff anyway....... :snooty: haha (but he did have a previous life, so he probably had to learn the hard way too :P)

How is Candice anyway? Another face that is missed around here. :(

gasificada said:

We Aussies have our stuff sussed. :D It's funny how far we've come since the start of this thread. What we were told and believed, and what we learned ourselves since are two totally different things in some cases. Put your plants out in full sun, you need to have your season wrapped up by the end of summer, you can't grow in winter unless you have some fully decked out, heated grow room..... :rofl: (OK, I will concede it does get cold in some parts of Australia.)

And then you get smartasses like nukeDukem that come to the party late but still seem to know their stuff anyway....... :snooty: haha (but he did have a previous life, so he probably had to learn the hard way too :P)

How is Candice anyway? Another face that is missed around here. :(

Hahahaha now this is classic.....Put your plants out in full sun, you need to have your season wrapped up by the end of summer, you can't grow in winter unless you have some fully decked out, heated grow room..... :rofl:  Hahahaha

Not too sure how Candice is doing these days. Haven't heard from her for ages.
Used to see her a fair bit but she got bogged down with her business and moved further away etc. Hope she is doing well now the stress is off not having to run the business.

Micca

gasificada said:

Is that your first pube? :D

First one of the type I really want to pod up. Aussie dropped around some pods to me and these were by far the tastiest of the 5 or so varieties he had. I've got Red, Yellow, Canario and Mini Rocoto going too. The mini's I was bringing to work and eating like grapes haha. Jeez they had some kick though!

Shurbryn said:
First one of the type I really want to pod up. Aussie dropped around some pods to me and these were by far the tastiest of the 5 or so varieties he had. I've got Red, Yellow, Canario and Mini Rocoto going too. The mini's I was bringing to work and eating like grapes haha. Jeez they had some kick though!

Sorry, I can't resist a bad pube joke...

(and sounds like neither can Micca! :rofl:)

I'll tell ya, she's a healthy lookin' little thing! :dance:

Hahah just can't resist.
Wait till she grows up and she won't be a pretty little thing anymore. Adult pubes are humungus Hahaha
Now gotta stop.............................

Micca

Yeah, I'm wondering where all these pubes have come from, and what I'm gonna do with them when they're all longer than the length of my body...

Hehe, might be able to keep some with the in-laws anyway. Looking at moving at the end of July.

Must. Resist.

Urrrgh...

Adult pubes can get messy!

Aaaaah.

Shurbryn said:
Yeah, I'm wondering where all these pubes have come from, and what I'm gonna do with them when they're all longer than the length of my body...

There's the option of keeping the patch all neat and trimmed.

Argh it’s sooooo hard to stop aaaaaargh
Need to remember the pubes can grow out more than up. I had one about 5ft tall and 5ft wide!!!

Micca

gasificada said:
Must. Resist.

Urrrgh...

Adult pubes can get messy!

Aaaaah.

There's the option of keeping the patch all neat and trimmed.

Bonsai Pubes
Aaargh stop now stop it!

Micca

Back