• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Nice Mega. Those plants should come back with a vengeance!

Nice thick trunks hey, you should pull one and make a bonchi :)

Harry, send that Blue Tounge my way would ya. Bastard snails are eating my seedlings!

You will be pleased to know that my latest luck with germination has changed for the better :) I now have PI355812, Gondol, and Sukanya up in the Pube section. Grant's seeds are to thank for that, they must be as fresh as a daisy.

Also have a Fatalii that came up at the same time. Happy days!

I am trying my hand at the Gondol / Gendot this season ... Have one plant still a little tacker though ... Seed from Grant as well

Hey Grantly. Expect some omg kick ass sauces in the mail day after tomorrow.
I churned them up myself.

:d

Hey trippa, howz shizzle ma nizzle!?

Garretts Bitch said:
Hey Grantly. Expect some omg kick ass sauces in the mail day after tomorrow.
I churned them up myself.

:d

Hey trippa, howz shizzle ma nizzle!?
All good bro.. off overseas in a bit so have had to send my babies off for a holiday at a mates house ... Hope they survive ok ...they are just starting to look nice and healthy as well.

Slizarus said:
Oh man, Blue Tongue Skinks are the neatest, do you get Bearded Dragons in your area too?
I have never come across a Bearded Dragon.

Garretts Bitch said:
Harry, send that Blue Tounge my way would ya. Bastard snails are eating my seedlings!

You will be pleased to know that my latest luck with germination has changed for the better :) I now have PI355812, Gondol, and Sukanya up in the Pube section. Grant's seeds are to thank for that, they must be as fresh as a daisy.

Also have a Fatalii that came up at the same time. Happy days!
The blue-tongue is out of reach. There are many critters other than snails that chomp on seedlings here.

DRRD8aI.jpg

This is yummy. If ya can get your hands on Hippies Yellow 7 "The Jam" i highly recommend trying these.
I used Camembert, goes well with the sweetness of the Jam.  Want it a little hotter? Just add some Reaper Swarm :D

Check out these tiny little guys. C. Rhomboideum, a very primative variety that yields heatless pods about the size of a pea. You can hardly see them hooking they are so small. They are thought to be from the very start of of chilli's as we know them these days.

gbKfJYC.jpg

Gwefsjz.jpg

Wow to both. The snack looks killer, fo sho. Cool on the C. Rhomboldeium - hope they work out well for you - pics later will be great!

Garretts Bitch said:

This is yummy. If ya can get your hands on Hippies Yellow 7 "The Jam" i highly recommend trying these.

Hmmm, the jam sounds interesting. How hot is it, err ... like would non chilliheads be able to eat it??

Hah, what's with Neil and his dodgy looking labels. It looks like it was designed by a 3yr old ... who's blind ... and has no arms ... and someone stole his crayons!

nuclearDays said:
Hmmm, the jam sounds interesting. How hot is it, err ... like would non chilliheads be able to eat it??

Hah, what's with Neil and his dodgy looking labels. It looks like it was designed by a 3yr old ... who's blind ... and has no arms ... and someone stole his crayons!
The heat in the jam is mild when eaten with something. My non chilli head missus can't get enough of it!
As for the labels idk :d Doesn't matter what it looks like to me i just like the contents.

Yeah that's Gary. Gary is a legend.

But Gary would also taste good marinated in some brown sugar and soy sauce. For best results feed him copious amounts of herbs and spices before slaughter.

Had a hail storm here yesterday. Managed to kill my little Gondol seedling (snapped it clean in half) so i am seeing if i can save it in the form of a "clone".  It also massaged the crap out of all my other plants and they are looking worse for it. Bastard weather!

How tall was the seedling, and how many sets of leaves remain on the lower and upper parts - if any? You might be able to save both parts if you haven't tossed one already.

Jonquil, I'd say the GOAT's GOTTA GO! A nice broadhead would do the trick...

The half connected to the roots had no foliage. Top had two or three small sets so I got rid of all but one or two and dumped it into a Rockwell cube after dipping in rooting hormone. It is still standing today so it may just make it.

Jonquill said:
Can anyone ID this pest I caught eating my chillies?   :D

I believe the scientific name is "Goatus soontobebbqdis"

So what are the rest of you knuckleheads growing for the upcoming season?

I seem to have gravitated to another Chinense fest ;)
Naga Bhuts, Choc Bhuts (thanks teejay), White bhuts (thanks teejay) Peach Bhuts, Purple Bhuts, Red Moruga, Yellow Moruga (thanks teejay), Yellow 7, Yellow Fatalii, Butch T, Choc Hab, Brainstrain, Reapers and one lone Annuum - the Biker Billy Jalapeno.

I've claimed a patch at work in the market garden plus what I can grow at home so I'll prolly have about 60 plants all up. :party:
Some are overwinters, some cuttings and the rest sown seeds ... so 'fingers crossed' its a bumper harvest.

I will list what i am growing off the top of my head. It will be by no means comprehensive!

Jalapenos
JR strain peach bhut assam
BBG 7, one in hydro and three in dirt atm.
Yellow 7 (overwinter from Hippy)
THSC Choco Scorpion
Butch T x Reaper (f2 or f3 i cannot remember)
Fatalii (two different seed suppliers)
Mortalii (could be a mutation or cross with Maruga who knows f1)
Gondol (if it lives)
Orange Manzano
C. Galapagoense
C. Rhomboideum
C. Praetermissum
C. Eximium
C. Lanceolatum
Tabasco
Purple Prince
Purple Tiger
Hot Fish
Tepin x Lemon Drop
Sukanya (JR's white flower Rocoto type)
Canario (yellow Rocoto)
Sweet cayenne
Chiletepin

And that's where my memory starts to fail me. I shall make a complete list and put it up in the next couple of days.
All things go well i should have around 100 plants and about 30-40 different varieties. Which would make it my biggest year EVA! I just finished making another hydro unit too. I plan on using it to advance the stabilisation or some varieties. Namely the BBG7 and the Mortalii plus whatever else i decide. It has room for four plants so i can do six hydro plants in total.

I am also growing around a dozen different types of Tomato, three different types of Strawberry and just for the hell of it some Corn in containers.

Back