Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Garretts Bitch said:
What's the ventamalation like?

In summer, I leave the door open. You can't see it in the happy snaps but there are 2 vents on one side of the roof that allow hot air to escape. In winter I have the door open about an inch or so. I started with the door closed but I started to get some powdery mildew forming so I treated that, opened the door a bit and it's all good.

Tbh the main benefit of the hothouse is that it extends the growing season by a few more months. Over the heat of summer it's too hot for the chillies to set pods in the hothouse so my babies will be outside.
It also works out well for overwintering.

Begs the question, what can you use it for in the summer months? :think:

Is there a plant that flourishes at around 50 bazillion degrees?

Time to update the grow list. Got some more seeds from Semillas that i sowed last night.

Jalapenos
JR strain peach bhut assam
BBG 7, one in hydro and three in dirt atm.
Yellow 7 (overwinter from Hippy)
THSC Choco Scorpion
Butch T x Reaper (f2 or f3 i cannot remember)
Fatalii (two different seed suppliers)
Mortalii (could be a mutation or cross with Maruga who knows f2)
Orange Manzano
C. Galapagoense
C. Rhomboideum
C. Praetermissum
C. Eximium
C. Lanceolatum
Tabasco
Purple Prince
Purple Tiger
Hot Fish
Tepin x Lemon Drop
Sukanya (JR's white flower Rocoto type)
Canario (yellow Rocoto)
Sweet cayenne
Chiletepin
Brazilian Starfish (semillas)
Tepin x Lemon Drop (Filmore)
Fatalii (Filmore)
PI 355812 (rocoto type, Filmore)
Fatalii (IkeepFish)
Butch T x Reaper (Pex)
Blondy (semillas)
Orange Manzano (Jungle Rain Chillis)
Criolla Sella (semillas)
Wild Brazil (C. chinense, semillas)
Inca Hot (semillas)
Naranja (semillas)
Queen Laury (semillas)

Plus i have some other super hots coming as well so will update when they arrive :)

Jeez Nova, how the hell do you have time to grow that many pepper varieties + raise 5 kids!!
I get freakin tired just thinking about all of that!

Great list btw. :drooling:

nuclearDays said:
Jeez Nova, how the hell do you have time to grow that many pepper varieties + raise 5 kids!!
I get freakin tired just thinking about all of that!

Great list btw. :drooling:
The five are not mine biologically, they belong to my soon to be wife :) There are actually seven kids we have together if you include my two boys but they are only with me every second weekend.

And how you ask.... well i loved growing before all the noise was around and now i have excuse to get away from it in that i have to tend to my plants :lol:
They are pretty good kids though, just the usual kiddy bickering and what not. No full on fist fights, so i have that going for me, which is nice. :D

nuclearDays said:

Well, if the little blighters get out of line just discipline them 'Jamie Oliver' style:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2837049/Jamie-Oliver-admits-rubbed-apple-Scotch-Bonnet-punishment-daughter.html
Choco Scorpions should do the the trick!
RW5kC6A.jpg

Looks good, mate!

I just spent the last couple of hours upsizing some of my babies into their final homes - 30L pots.
The overwinters are flowering heaps but no poddage yet whereas the seedlings and cuttings will be a few months b4 I get any 'pod action'.
I might take some 'happy snaps' in a couple of days if I cbf'd.

Bloody hell, that San Marzano is going to dominate that poor choc. scorp! Kill it, kill it with FIRE!

Garretts Bitch said:
Cheers mate, just cuz someones looking heres couple more pics.

Yeah, what's with that ... we've pretty much got this thread to ourselves?
It feels like I'm conversing with an uglier version of me :P

I think everyones at the pub slinging back nice black ones.
Or they should be :D

But yah serious lack of ugly bastards around here lately. I blame Abbot.

Hey Nova did you end up getting on top of your algae problem?
In the past I have used Blockclean made by Essentials Organix. Has worked awesome on some "special plants" and is a natural product that doesn't harm them.
I have got it from my local Hydro shop.

Garretts Bitch said:

One question, will Hydrogen Peroxide clear up that green algea like stuff on the perlite or should i just leave it there as it looks so pretty?

nuclearDays said:
I don't think I've spammed these shots on this site b4 so here's a couple of my hothouse I built a while ago:
I live on the side of a hill so we don't have any flat land which made things a bit more of a challenge.

Starting location:
j3nl.jpg

After a few weekends of sweating and swearing this is the result:
gjyw.jpg

The hothouse is 12 feet long by 8 feet wide, the height at the peak is about 7.5 feet tall:
puel.jpg

It's one of those Ebay cheapies, I've reinforced it heaps with additional steel and a dozen or so tubes of silica gel and it's bolted down to the sleepers with chunky bolts.
Before I did that, it was that flimsy that when I farted in it the sidewall panels would fall out!

Fantastic looking start to your season mate :cool:  very professional looking.
The greenhose is great to extend the season and also start the next season earlier.
I expect to see it full soon!

Have lots fun

Micca

nuclearDays said:
Bloody hell, that San Marzano is going to dominate that poor choc. scorp! Kill it, kill it with FIRE!

Yeah, what's with that ... we've pretty much got this thread to ourselves?
It feels like I'm conversing with an uglier version of me :P
You will be pleased to know that the Tomato plant died after the air pump took a dump. Didn't worry the Choc Scorp at all though :) So now it has the whole tub to itself.

Micca. the algea crap is under control. It is very minimal and only on the top of the perlite where the covers don't fully cover if that makes sense.

The C. Galapagoese is powering on.  Seems to love hydro wayyy more than being in my "premium" dirt mix!

B0z2S3D.jpg

For comparison these were planted at the same time.

n4deEKP.jpg

Looking nice and green.

zf8euqY.jpg

And another choc scorp absolutely loving it's 100 litre pot. It is even out growing the hydro choc scorp!?

1p25reh.jpg

Looking damn fine there Nova. I did a outdoor Hydro Channel a few years ago and the Chilli go nuts in it.
The growth you can get is amazing, it pisses on any soil mix ive done.
Just need to find the time now to clean the whole system out as over the years all the crap has built up and they are suffering a bit.

Micca

Garretts Bitch said:
You will be pleased to know that the Tomato plant died after the air pump took a dump. Didn't worry the Choc Scorp at all though :) So now it has the whole tub to itself.

Ahh, good! I just knew my Jedi mind tricks would flap it up!

Garretts Bitch said:
The C. Galapagoese is powering on.  Seems to love hydro wayyy more than being in my "premium" dirt mix!

B0z2S3D.jpg

Looking good, m8 :party: TBH though, I'm more impressed with that lawn ... it's like a freaking billiard table! Actually I can see one blade of grass (centre left) that is longer than the rest ... you need to go outside NOW and cut that mo-fo, it's pissing my OCD off!

Garretts Bitch said:
And another choc scorp absolutely loving it's 100 litre pot. It is even out growing the hydro choc scorp!?

1p25reh.jpg

Looks great :woohoo:  100L pot !!! Jesus H Christ, good luck ever moving that ... it prolly even weighs more than my nutsack! :whistle:

nuclearDays said:

Ahh, good! I just knew my Jedi mind tricks would flap it up!

Looking good, m8 :party: TBH though, I'm more impressed with that lawn ... it's like a freaking billiard table! Actually I can see one blade of grass (centre left) that is longer than the rest ... you need to go outside NOW and cut that mo-fo, it's pissing my OCD off!

Looks great :woohoo:  100L pot !!! Jesus H Christ, good luck ever moving that ... it prolly even weighs more than my nutsack! :whistle:

Your Jedi mind tricks work wonders mate!

As for the lawn, you are probably referring to the lawn near the driveway.... which is not mine :rofl:
Trust me my lawn is not near as nice, the only thing i have done to it is spray it with bin-die to get rid of those annoying little bastards! Hell i don't even mow it, i hate mowing :lol: I got a dude for dat hahaha

As for the pot i swear it has to weigh at least two of your nutsacks, 100 litres of potting mix and the pot itself weighs around 40kg. It would weigh two of me = exactly two nut sacks! :cheers:

Back