• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Bunnings may be evil but they are close and convenient ... I can't be naffed trying to source something from a rural supply shop when I have to travel 30-40 minutes to get there.

Is garden city plastics in garden city (logan??) and how much cheaper are they for say 10-20 14 litre pots??

EDIT: Closest supply shop I have found is Beenleigh ...35kms away (40 mins) .. I think I will stick with my Evil Bunnings :lol: I travel to Brisbane and back each working day so I don't really feel like going back on a sat or sunday again ... thats takes up valuable :beer: time

Ahh, I guess coming from the bush, I tend to plan and stock up on stuff and not run to the shop every weekend.

Ahh, I guess coming from the bush, I tend to plan and stock up on stuff and not run to the shop every weekend.

I grew up on a farm for 18 years in the hill country of NZ so I used to be like that and can relate ...

I remember our 3-4 trips to the city a year and the local Town maybe 10 or so times a year ... we were even on a telephone party line until I was 9 (1 line shared between 7 families each with a unique morse type code to identify a call for you which you entered in by a turning a little handle on the side of the phone)

But now that I actually live in a built up area and travel 160kms everyday the last thing I want to do is travel on my weekends as well... hence my love and addiction to online shopping :lol:

Although if Garden City plastics can do pots cheap enough then maybe they are worth a visit. Cheers for the info :beer:

Wildfire I have just been looking at Growth Technology products (ie Chilli Focus maker) and I am interested in the Nitrozyme Concentrate and Root Riot cubes, however I can't find any stockists in Australia of those products.

Would you happen to know if Growth Tech. sell them here at all?? (Only asking you as you sell the chilli focus and Growth Technology is based in WA)

I have emailed Growth Technology in WA but haven't heard anything yet
No i havent seen either. I think its just the overseas ones that have them.

I grew up on a farm for 18 years in the hill country of NZ so I used to be like that and can relate ...

I remember our 3-4 trips to the city a year and the local down maybe 10 or so times a year ... we were even on a telephone party line until I was 9 (1 line shared between 7 families each with a unique morse type code to identify a call for you which you entered in by a turning a little handle on the side of the phone)

But now that I actually live in a built up area and travel 160kms everyday the last thing I want to do is travel on my weekends as well... hence my love and addiction to online shopping :lol:

Although if Garden City plastics can do pots cheap enough then maybe they are worth a visit. Cheers for the info :beer:

Hahaha, yeah even now mates will say "remember that TV show from when you were a kid?" I'm like, no idea what you're talking about, all we got was some very snowy ABC, there were no other channels.
Garden City Plastics will deliver if you order enough. I think it's $300ish and they'll deliver.

:woohoo: Total new sprouts today = 4 bringing the total to 6 in the last 36-48 hours tonight I welcomed in another 3 Scotch Bonnet TFM's and my first Pimenta De Neyde :woohoo: So my new arrivals are 4 Scotch Bonnet TFM's, 1 Pimenta De Neyde and 1 Hot Fish ... (JR those seeds are popping like crazy).

Still Waiting on my T. Scorpion Butch T's, Fatalii's, Purple Tiger's, Habernero White Bullets, Hot Cherry's, 7 pot/pod Jonah's, Bhut Jolokia Assam's, Blondie's, and those cursed ball Chilli's which I don't think are going to do anything ... will wait and see ... exciting times in my house even if I am feeling crook as ...

Sorry to highjack this thread!I'm about to start a Hot Sauce Business and would like for 10 people in Australia to sample my new range of nine Hot Chilli Sauces.The link can be found here

Yeah sure am JR with a big thanks to your generosity ... I am putting some more seeds in tonight for a long warm soak in the tub :woohoo:

I've popped some hooks from a Bishop's Crown and another Limon but no movement on the Hot Cherry. They were all treated and planted at the same time so I think I made it to second base. ;)

Here is my new "germinating room". Previously I have done it in a big wooden box made out of doors with individual heat mats but ran out of room for it in the house. Now I'm utilising the hothouse and a heating cable mat that I aquired from the nursery I used to work at. Usually with these sort of cables people have them in a sand bed to spread the heat evenly. Because I'm no good at making things and can't lift anything heavy atm I'm just giving it a go as is but hoping that the perlite in the mini greenhouse kits will spread it enough.
IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

Still got lots of room for more jiffy's on that table but might not use up all the space so that they can stay in there till they are quite a good size.

Here is my new "germinating room". Previously I have done it in a big wooden box made out of doors with individual heat mats but ran out of room for it in the house. Now I'm utilising the hothouse and a heating cable mat that I aquired from the nursery I used to work at. Usually with these sort of cables people have them in a sand bed to spread the heat evenly. Because I'm no good at making things and can't lift anything heavy atm I'm just giving it a go as is but hoping that the perlite in the mini greenhouse kits will spread it enough.
IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

Still got lots of room for more jiffy's on that table but might not use up all the space so that they can stay in there till they are quite a good size.

excuse me while i mop up the drool on the floor around me........ :eek:

Candice that is the shizbittizzle or whatever the gangstas say these days!
How is bub going? :halo:

:rofl:
Yeah really good thanks. He is a great baby and much better behaved than the last. Still takes up most of my time but I'm loving it.

Candice,that Hot House is lookin gooooood

What size is it?
Im pretty sure it was the 4.3m x 2.4mx 2.5m http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Garden-GREENHOUSE-Green-HOT-HOUSE-Shade-GLASS-Shed-4-3S-/300559191283?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item45fab94cf3
Will look even better once its full of plants!

Back