Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I have just come in from doing the same thing! It is nice and sunny here but freezing bloody cold.
After spraying I noticed that there is a hook from a yellow 7 pod in my soil tray. 5 days aint bad! Especially for no treatment.

On another note it has been showery warm and overcast this morning so I decided to give the plants a nice seaweed foliar feed and no sooner had I done it and the bloody sun came out and has been out ever since ... hope they don't get any burn from the sun or spotting on their nice green leaves ...
It's always the way, trips, ALWAYS the way! ;)

SCORE!

Check this out, strata arranged for the removal of trees that once used to inhabit this space (at the request of my boss who is my father). About 8 years of leaves falling on the ground and slowly composting. The soil looks A+.

I know where about a dozen or so of my plants are going :woohoo: Can't wait for some knob to pinch some pods further on down the track and burn themselves silly. I may put a sign up warning them :lol:

2011-08-05134406.jpg

2011-08-05134357.jpg

Not a real good pic here but the soil looks like black gold!
2011-08-05134440.jpg

Well I have revived my bhut jolokia plant I grew last season, adjusted the pH, loads of water and feed, it had a severe water deficiency so that should be fixed up now.
This one and all my seedlings including the 2 that have not yet sprouted are getting more sunlight now, so they are on their way to produce!

After learning the pH is very important for any plant to allow the nutrients to become absorbed, I now know why none of last seasons flowers pollenated, they all just broke off and I saw no pods.... So after making this error I am confident this will be a great season :)

I am happy and excited.

I put some seeds in to soak last Sunday night and then onto damp paper towel on Monday night. Two Goat's Weed seeds in a zip lock bag plus two Habanero Peach seeds and two Brazilian Starfish seeds in a tin can loosely covered with plastic wrap.

Today I noticed one of the two Goat's Weed seeds in the zip lock bag germinated and had a ~1mm root. I then found to my surprise that one of the Habanero Peach seeds had also germinated.

I put the Habanero Peach seeds into Debco Seed Raising mix and the rest into Amgrow Organix potting mix.

Experiments continuing for me.
I chucked 3 hungarian hot wax chilli seeds into a plastic container with a moist paper towel about a week ago, nothing happening.
So today I chucked another 3 into a pot with seed raising mix. I'll wait to find out which way works better for me.

Also did a whole bunch of seeds straight into seed raising mix, and another bunch with the whole h2o2 short soak and the 12hr chamomile tea soak. I'll wait and see the results for these tests.
Was going to start just planting everything this month, but I spent a lot on seeds so still running experiments with old seeds until september as I don't want to waste the new seeds.
Also I will probably try find some coir to mix with my seedling mix, as I found it just dries up to quick under lights and coir peat may help prevent that?
I can't find anything except the compressed blocks, is it even possible to find the loose bagged stuff? Or should I by the compressed stuff, if so, which one?

Edit: I found a bag of vermiculite in the shed, so I'm going to mix that with the seed raising mix instead, and not worry about the coir peat.

Is this something to be worried about??

It has been windy and pretty warm here the last few days (up to 24C or so) and this happened after I applied 2 lots of weak seaweed/kelp foliar feeds and then the sun came out and wind.

It seems to only have happened on the parts of the leaves which were touching the soil or edge of pots. So am I correct in assuming its some sort of scorching (both plants effected are AJI Lemons with the Numex Twilight and Super Chilli's completely fine) either from the water collecting at the end of the leaves and burning through sun or somehow burning where it touched the soil/pot?

IMG_20110808_141838.jpg

IMG_20110808_141826.jpg

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I don't think (and hope) its anything serious but thought I would ask anyway to set my mind at ease (or stress me more)

Nothing to worry about Trippa, just enviromental, i.e like you said....either from the water collecting at the end of the leaves and burning through sun or somehow burning where it touched the soil/pot?

I've had this happen alot and it always rights itself!!!!

Nothing to worry about Trippa, just enviromental, i.e like you said....either from the water collecting at the end of the leaves and burning through sun or somehow burning where it touched the soil/pot?

I've had this happen alot and it always rights itself!!!!

Awesome cheers JR, nice to be reassured about these sorts of things.

Back