• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Hey Trippa, the bishops crowns are smooth, have you got any pics of the flowers or leaf shape?????
I think you would find a variance there if it was a hybrid!!!

IMG_20111118_142454.jpg

IMG_20111118_142425.jpg

Its the big gangly plant in the bucket on the left. (there are a few leaves from the Bonda Ma Jacques to the right of it ignore them)

To me that is exactly how a baccatum should look so likely not a hybrid but a few freaky pods only.

Strangely though it is much lighter in colour (always has been) then the other 2 confirmed bishops are and always have been which are a darker green

Hey JR i will try get a pic up of the white flower pube tomorrow. Its small still from nute lockout though!

My ButchT 3-4 year old is going off with foliage and flowers but they all have dropped so far.
Anyone ever use Rhizotonic on plants?

Is that anything like Gin&tonic? :rofl: tried that few times

My plants have just about recovered from my latest round of over watering. I tried to feed them with seasol, I had no idea how much to use so I watered it down in a 2 litre bottle.

Yellow Hab just started to flower! :dance:

Is that anything like Gin&tonic? :rofl: tried that few times

My plants have just about recovered from my latest round of over watering. I tried to feed them with seasol, I had no idea how much to use so I watered it down in a 2 litre bottle.

Yellow Hab just started to flower! :dance:

Seasol is usually mixed at 30mls per 9 litres (stronger for certain applications like as a transplant dipping solution) so that would mean for a 2 litre bottle you should mix up roughly 7mls (although 10mls or roughly 1 capful) would be fine as it won't burn your plants easily.

Ok so this is a picture of one of the pods from the rogue Bishops Crown which I always thought was a Yellow 7 pot/pod.
I have noticed a few like this now, which don't seem typical and have these weird prominent spikes on them.

IMG_20111118_124608.jpg

IMG_20111118_124635.jpg

Is it possible at all that this was actually a cross??

Or are these weird spikes sometimes present on bishops crowns??

I saw spikes on a Baccatum pod last season too:
eV2f3.jpg

My second ever Aji Amarillo pod

I have yet to see a spiky pod on a Bishop's Hat type plant here though. Where did the seed you grew the plant from originate?

Man i have had a spliff and still can't see anything!

About Seasol you can pretty much use that stuff straight as its not really a fert rather a soil conditioner.
It has bugger all nutes in it, don't use it strong as a foliar feed though i found that out!

I saw spikes on a Baccatum pod last season too:
eV2f3.jpg

My second ever Aji Amarillo pod

I have yet to see a spiky pod on a Bishop's Hat type plant here though. Where did the seed you grew the plant from originate?

THSC is where the seed originated from however it was not from an order of Bishops crown at all but was a rogue seed that came from a pack of Yellow 7 pot/pod seeds I ordered from them long before I ordered any bishops crown so before you say mix up with labeling... impossible as this was well established before I had the bishop crown seeds. It is highly unlikely to be any new type/cross of chilli but I will hopefully be able to get some seeds out of the spiky pods and see if it is a genetic thing.

Today I started my very first seeds! :woohoo:

Big thanks to Gasificada for supplying me with these seeds. :cool:
19112011208.jpg

I got a Coir seed starting brick, which says it is slow release, not sure if I can just use alittle of it, don't see myself wasting the whole brick for 25 seedlings, given I get 100% germination. I'm thinking of using upsizing my pots as I go, from a 4cm X 5cm to something like 10cm to 12cm, then up to 30cm pot.

I've been told that it is good to fertilize your plants once they start to flower or start to produce fruit. Is this correct?

Thanks for the tip on seasol. :dance: I used it because some of my plants didn't have much of a root system, and the soil on my older pots wasn't looking good.

I attempted to take a picture of my first yellow habanero flower only to brake it off. :( The flower was pointing downwards and was hard to get a shot of it.
19112011212.jpg

Picture of the plant it came off.
19112011213.jpg

Yeah it didn't take too much pressure, just sad to lose what could have been my first Chinese. I get over stuff pretty easy, won't lose any sleep over it. ;)
I've learnt afew things today, actually I've learnt alot in the last week or two just reading the grow lists, and grow logs. I have to take my hat off to the professionals and amateurs alike. To those in North America I'm amazed how much effort they put into over wintering their plants. :cheers: Here I am still trying to get a ripe annuum. :rofl:

some great looking pictures guys, I am busting to see some new pods on mine soon, well the Hungarian black has one but its not as exciting.

One of my Bonda Ma Jacques Pods ...

IMG_20111120_150348.jpg

how long do these babies usually take to start turning as a rough estimate??

I really need to start my own grow thread I think ...

Back