• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Love the look of those pods Harry, I really want to try some type of Rocoto next season.

Really need some warmer weather here, although this weather isn't too bad for my new seedlings. I'm getting some good afternoon sun the last few days, only issue is it is too cold at night. With all the rain we have been getting, I bet it is going to get real humid once the summer heat kicks in. Did you see in the news about having record levels of Mozzies this year?

P1010089.jpg

7 Pot in Da Hooooooooooooooooouuuuuuussse

Got a surprise today, finally got a pod ripening. Now this plant has a label calling it Red Hot, got it from a nursery. The big surprise was it was turning from dark green to brown, not something I had expected. Wasn't fully ripe but I just had to have a closer look and try eat it. :hell: When I cut it open it had a strong capsicum smell, and it tasted bit little a capsicum but then it isn't fully ripe yet. Heat wise was about the same as a birdseye Maybe 6/10.
17122011275.jpg

17122011279.jpg

17122011280.jpg

17122011281.jpg

17122011273.jpg

17122011274.jpg

Yeah, ya picked it too early... I dare say it would have ended up red. :P

The transition from dark green to red will sometimes be a brown colour.

Good work! :dance:

There's alot more pods where that came from so I wont have to wait too much longer for a fully ripe one. I wouldn't have picked it so early if it was something like Joeys 7 pod/pot. I have about 5 pods that have been on the plant for 6 weeks. (feels like 6 months) and in the last 1-2 weeks another 10-15 pods have started. Given that the centre was green, I think the heat was pretty good, I'm hoping once there ripe they will be hotter. :mouthonfire: My Yellow and Choc Habs are starting to flower again, just hope this sunny weather holds out for us.

Not sure about the colour gassy but those seeds look at least a couple of weeks off mature.
Now that you mention it....

In that case I would be inclined to think sick pod... but then again, all the "sick pods" I have tried in the past have always turned out bitter and heatless, so I dunno. :think:

Maybe it is just one of them bastage pods that take ten million years to mature... even after it starts to turn colour?

I blame the weather, we had some really good hot temps in late September, early November, then for some reason at what should have been the start of Summer, the weather decided to turn back to winter.

I blame the weather, we had some really good hot temps in late September, early November, then for some reason at what should have been the start of Summer, the weather decided to turn back to winter.

Yeah, crazy, huh? Same story up here. I can't speak plant, but I bet my bottom clam that if I could, they'd be telling me they hate me for raising them in this relentlessly overcast, winter-summer of a season! (And judging by all the seemingly unexplained problems I've been having with them, I surely couldn't be too far off!)

Nice and hot down here last 2 days, plants are loving it

Did you mean to say "plants are loving it once the sun goes down and they stop wilting"? ;)

I reckon I'm in for a superb year this year. Couple hundred asian birdseye have already pollinated, and I can see a mass of flowers open on the TS Butch T and 2nd year Bhut's already.

There's alot more pods where that came from so I wont have to wait too much longer for a fully ripe one. I wouldn't have picked it so early if it was something like Joeys 7 pod/pot. I have about 5 pods that have been on the plant for 6 weeks. (feels like 6 months) and in the last 1-2 weeks another 10-15 pods have started. Given that the centre was green, I think the heat was pretty good, I'm hoping once there ripe they will be hotter. :mouthonfire: My Yellow and Choc Habs are starting to flower again, just hope this sunny weather holds out for us.

I should add Jayman i know that ya not stupid and was in no way implying that you picked too early.
Your plants, pickem when ya want! :D

Back