• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Yellowfin2na Hydroponic Grow 2015 *PIC INTENSE*

So I wanted to share my first hydroponic pepper grow so far. Started December 1st and now we are two months in. I have a home made indoor system that is half NFT half DWC. I also have a plant that I grew in a coffey can under T5 lighting.

I was so unorganized in the beginning and it was a rough start. But I think Im getting that hang of it. I am growing both peppers and tomatoes in the same system which became a challenge. Even worse I have no idea what plants are what because during seedling stages my tray was knocked over mixing everything up. The pepper plants are either Carolina Reaper, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, or White Habanero. The tomatoes could be anything. I have 10 different exotic kinds and not a clue to what is what.

Dec 19 2014 a few weeks after sprouting they were put into the NFT system

In the beginning I had both pepper and tomatoes in the NFT system

Coffey can pepper plant was started but ran a few weeks behind the others.

Roots coming along nicely

December 31 2014 after a struggle with balancing PH and getting it down the plants begin to veg nicely.

Roots are booming

Coffey can plant doing ok. I think I straved it a little in the beginning.

NOT LETTING ME POST ANYMORE. NOT SURE IF I NEED A BUMP OR WHAT.

Just kidding I figured it out......

January 7 2015 had to move some plants around because the roots of the tomatoes were getting very long. The tomatoes had almost no growth on top but the roots were longer than shoe strings

Tomato roots are getting long

This past weeks has been in mid 90's. The hydro plants have pulled through it however I went through 20 gallons of water. 20!! I see this summer heat is going to cause a lot of work for me. Im thinking for the sake of keeping this hobby enjoyable I may have to let go of some plants. However Im going to wait until I have tried every pod from all the plants so I can decide what to keep.

First and most importantly look what sprouted. Mystery Wine is up and in only 9 days! Wow just wow.

This chocolate hab is on its second wave of pods. For everyone wondering the heat stressing does work. Pods have been noticeably hotter but also smaller. But if I had the choice I would not heat stress again.  For me the first wave of pods had good enough heat and flavor. I enjoyed the large size as well. Also the first wave had close to 150 pods. The heat stressing has significantly reduced the amount of pod production.

This was supposed to be a white fatalii. Unless the yellow pods turn white , but I doubt it.

]

I had to move my plants from my porch. They were turning into a jungle. I set up another small green house for the smaller plants.

'

Im selling leaf hats. PM me if interested  :P

WTF is eating my tomatoes?!?!

Ohhhhh I see

This one made it!

CGN19198 has its first pod. Lol smaller than a tic tac though. This particular wild has not been a favorite for me.

However CGN22091 is doing excellent! Cant wait to try these. This thing is getting so tall I dont know how it still stays upright.

Mustard Scorpion

Yellow Brain

Bump Please

Thanks man. Can always count on you for a bump!

[SIZE=10.5pt]Random Pods[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]These are my soil Peach Wasp. Such wicked looking pods![/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

We got hit with tropical storm "Bill" or "Bob" I cant remember. Anyways three days of constant rain and winds took its toll on my garden. It wouldn't have been a complete disaster if I would have been able to prep for it but Ive been sick with strep all week. Couldn't even make it to the bathroom let alone the back yard.

The instant spike in PH from the rain shocked the roots of the plants causing them to die. Then the day after the storm past we got 95 degree weather causing a sauna like effect. Plants are not able to suck up enough water because the roots are rotting and not enough time for new growth. They aren't completely dead but if the heat continues (which it will) then I doubt they will come back. I probably could save them if I cut everything back, but that would be pointless for the growdown plant and the other large plants were becoming a lot of work. Ill see how they pan out this week.

My heavy producing chocolate hab may be coming to an end. I was able to get the second harvest which I will show pics of later.

Chocolate scotch bonnet

Growdown plant

With that said my plants shielded in my green houses are somewhat ok. The sauna has effected a few but I think they will come back.
Big Black Mamma's hanging in there

Got my first BBM pod coming along!

Yellow Fatali's still in the ripening process and coming back after I dried it out on accident.

7 Pot Jonah from the soil garden

Peach Wasp

Got my first blonde cucumber and a few assortment of tomatoes from the soil garden

Ive mislabeled these, but I want to say some type of Ahi? Maybe someone can help using my grow list. For some reason I had them as Peach Wasp. Clearly not the case.

Mustard Scorpion changing color now

Bump Please

Yellowfin2na said:
Thank you!

I did my second big harvest. Had lots of Chocolate Habs again. Also harvested all my White Habs, some brainstrain unknown cross, and some peter peppers.

5 pods on one node :)

Hmmmm What to make with a bowl full of pods????
20150621_155750_zpsae1qewze.jpg

How about this  :surprised:
nice catch!
Yellowfin2na said:
We got hit with tropical storm "Bill" or "Bob" I cant remember. Anyways three days of constant rain and winds took its toll on my garden. It wouldn't have been a complete disaster if I would have been able to prep for it but Ive been sick with strep all week. Couldn't even make it to the bathroom let alone the back yard.

The instant spike in PH from the rain shocked the roots of the plants causing them to die. Then the day after the storm past we got 95 degree weather causing a sauna like effect. Plants are not able to suck up enough water because the roots are rotting and not enough time for new growth. They aren't completely dead but if the heat continues (which it will) then I doubt they will come back. I probably could save them if I cut everything back, but that would be pointless for the growdown plant and the other large plants were becoming a lot of work. Ill see how they pan out this week.

My heavy producing chocolate hab may be coming to an end. I was able to get the second harvest which I will show pics of later.

Chocolate scotch bonnet

Growdown plant

With that said my plants shielded in my green houses are somewhat ok. The sauna has effected a few but I think they will come back.
Big Black Mamma's hanging in there

Got my first BBM pod coming along!

Yellow Fatali's still in the ripening process and coming back after I dried it out on accident.

7 Pot Jonah from the soil garden

Peach Wasp

Got my first blonde cucumber and a few assortment of tomatoes from the soil garden

Ive mislabeled these, but I want to say some type of Ahi? Maybe someone can help using my grow list. For some reason I had them as Peach Wasp. Clearly not the case.

Mustard Scorpion changing color now

Bump Please
that's really horrible news to hear man. strep now orange thai and shite. i'm gonna pay close attention to mine for sure now.

Its been a few weeks. Nothing but constant rain then heat then rain again. Ive still got lots of pods coming on different plants but nothing like I should have. Three large plants are still barely alive and not in any state to be producing. The plants in the green house and soil plants are doing ok.

Mystery Wine is getting bigger and soon I will put one in a hydro set up

White Fatalii

Soil Lemon Drop

Soil Yellow Fatallii

7 Pot Jonah

Peach Wasp are ripening

CGN22091 is ripening as well. These took a long time to ripen. 

Unknown pepper. Very productive and good taste. 

Hydro Yellow Fatalii recovering nicely from a near death experience when I let it dry out.

Back