• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Yellowfin2na Hydroponic Grow 2015 *PIC INTENSE*

So I wanted to share my first hydroponic pepper grow so far. Started December 1st and now we are two months in. I have a home made indoor system that is half NFT half DWC. I also have a plant that I grew in a coffey can under T5 lighting.

I was so unorganized in the beginning and it was a rough start. But I think Im getting that hang of it. I am growing both peppers and tomatoes in the same system which became a challenge. Even worse I have no idea what plants are what because during seedling stages my tray was knocked over mixing everything up. The pepper plants are either Carolina Reaper, Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, or White Habanero. The tomatoes could be anything. I have 10 different exotic kinds and not a clue to what is what.

Dec 19 2014 a few weeks after sprouting they were put into the NFT system

In the beginning I had both pepper and tomatoes in the NFT system

Coffey can pepper plant was started but ran a few weeks behind the others.

Roots coming along nicely

December 31 2014 after a struggle with balancing PH and getting it down the plants begin to veg nicely.

Roots are booming

Coffey can plant doing ok. I think I straved it a little in the beginning.

NOT LETTING ME POST ANYMORE. NOT SURE IF I NEED A BUMP OR WHAT.

Just kidding I figured it out......

January 7 2015 had to move some plants around because the roots of the tomatoes were getting very long. The tomatoes had almost no growth on top but the roots were longer than shoe strings

Tomato roots are getting long

the ones that look like they are "faces" look to be scotch bonnet to me. the others look habanero  ish. love all the pics i like how you have party cups with full plant with ripe pods. lol. going beyond the laws of physics....!

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
the ones that look like they are "faces" look to be scotch bonnet to me. the others look habanero  ish. love all the pics i like how you have party cups with full plant with ripe pods. lol. going beyond the laws of physics....!
Thanks man. It really did surprise me as well! Hows your mini reaper bonsai doing? Havent seen an update in a while unless I missed it. 

ebh said:
Sorry if you posted, but didn't catch it... Regarding the 400-600ppm range, are you using RO water?

Thanks!
I use rain water. BTW man your balcony grow is so badass!

tctenten said:
Just got caught up on your glog. Very impressive stuff. You soil plants look fine and it will be interesting to see if they catch up.
Thank you for the kind words. I hope they do. I will tell you one the thing though the soil plants are 1% of the work compared to the hydro. Not that the Hydro is unbearable, its just that I forget they are even there sometimes.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Your grow is looking fantastic!!!!
Means a lot coming from you. Your powders are amazing. Almost out of mine, will be ordering more soon!

Yellowfin2na said:
Thanks man. It really did surprise me as well! Hows your mini reaper bonsai doing? Havent seen an update in a while unless I missed it. 

I use rain water. BTW man your balcony grow is so badass!
I kind of not been keeping up on those...working on getting my garden finished and my LG orange Thai plant setup. I'll be updating the Thai tomorrow.

WOW!  What great production.  I tried tomatoes a couple years back and I just couldn't handle the amount of roots that sucker put off.  I ditched it and haven't looked back.  

Sub'd and look forward to more pictures, info, and reviews on the pods you get.

A few more pods forming on this Peach Wasp

Horrible storms have hit my soil plants two days in a row. Can you tell which way the wind was blowing?

Some new pods forming up on my weird Reaper plant.

Ever seen a pissed of pod? LOL. Cant bring myself to cut it off yet cuz its just got this mean mug going on.

So I wanted to try something out. Ive been reading a lot on stressing a plant to increase heat. I cut a good chunk of roots on my largest plant (chocolate hab) since it was getting out of hand anyways. In the middle of the day the plant is not able to suck up enough water so it wilts. But at night the leaves pop right back up. Im interested to see how the new pods forming will turn out.

Plant on the left is the stress test plant.

Pic of it during the stressing

Took my small plants out for some individual pics

White hab- such a nice looking plant with the way it grows.

White Fatalii

Peter Pepper

Mustard Scorpion

CGN22091

And of course my favorite little producer the Choco Hab

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Bump, reminds me of the storms here :) They will bounce back 
Thanks man. Hope your right. They're saying it will be a stormy summer here :/
coachspencerxc said:
Everything looks great, but those chocolate habaneros... wow. Nice work.
Thank you so much. I really am impressed with that plant especially with it just being an experiment.

Back