• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

You know you spent too much time at THP when...

LUCKYDOG said:
HOLY CRAP OMRI!!! Thats true dedication - Be safe
Thanks. I'm as safe as someone around here can be, don't worry. just heard on the news that 5 people were hurt by that specific rocket and I'm just hoping they're alive and they're not people close to me. THP is actually a nice read at these times.

I don't even really know what to say at this point except I'm sure all our good wishes and prayers are with you. Stay safe.

JayT said:
I don't even really know what to say at this point except I'm sure all our good wishes and prayers are with you. Stay safe.

When one grows up with the sort of stuff that Omri has i am sure one gets used to it somewhat, or at least i hope that is the case.

My thoughts are with you and your family Omri.

Novacastrian said:
When one grows up with the sort of stuff that Omri has i am sure one gets used to it somewhat, or at least i hope that is the case.

My thoughts are with you and your family Omri.
Woah! I'm not used to it! I live in a place that once was considered safe! only recently they started targeting us... I do have family in places where they're hit 24/7 and practically never leave the shelter, but not me. still new to me and to be honest, I'm pretty shocked. an innocent women died outside of my house yesterday, and all she did wrong was waiting at the bus station for the freaking bus! sorry, I don't think "one gets used to it somewhat". they canceled school so kids won't have to go outside. *I* now sleep at the shelter, and not in the bedroom anymore. yes it sucks. shit happens. I just don't think it's something you can, want or should get used to.

I appraciete the conecerns and best wishes. thank you everybody.

Omri said:
an innocent women died outside of my house yesterday, and all she did wrong was waiting at the bus station for the freaking bus!

HOLY SH*T DUDE! Yes stay inside and keep your head down. My sister and her husband are there now too on vacation. What timing! :shocked::(

Philipperv said:
HOLY SH*T DUDE! Yes stay inside and keep your head down. My sister and her husband are there now too on vacation. What timing! :shocked::(
That depends. where are they? some areas are still safe.

Omri said:
That depends. where are they? some areas are still safe.

Not sure. Didn't even know that she went until my Mom told me yesterday. She was in Tel Aviv but don't know where she went from there?

Philipperv said:
Not sure. Didn't even know that she went until my Mom told me yesterday. She was in Tel Aviv but don't know where she went from there?
As of now, Tel-Aviv is safe. no rockets. no bombings. no nothing.

Philipperv said:
Ok good. I'll check back with my Mom later today to find out where she is now.

She was only in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and took the Dead Sea and Galilee tours. No problem.

Philipperv said:
She was only in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and took the Dead Sea and Galilee tours. No problem.
She's good. I'm happy to hear she's safe. :)
If you put the current problems aside, Israel is amazing.

omri stay safe & hope you & all your family members make it through this recent conflict.

will this hinder you growing chiles this coming season ?
if so go get those bastards! :lol: (just joking around)

chilehunter said:
omri stay safe & hope you & all your family members make it through this recent conflict.

will this hinder you growing chiles this coming season ?
if so go get those bastards! :lol: (just joking around)
That's a question I kinda wanted to avoid, but yes.
I can't see myself working on the plants outside when rockets can fall from the sky any moment. I also used to have my Hydroponic systems in the shelter, which is now more for humans than plants.

Omri,

this will sound dumb but, can you describe your shelter? is it something you add to your home like a pool? we in the states are used to bombing, not being bombed or rocketed. shelters went out in the sixties over here. stay safe.

eyepee said:
Omri,

this will sound dumb but, can you describe your shelter? is it something you add to your home like a pool? we in the states are used to bombing, not being bombed or rocketed. shelters went out in the sixties over here. stay safe.
Well it depends on the structure. some houses have an underground shelter which kinds looks like a giant safe. some buildings have the same, just a really big one for the entire building. I have a fairly ordinary looking room with reinforced walls, solid door and window cover. they're sealed to handle rocket attacks, gas attacks (we also have gas masks in every shelter), chemical attacks (the fancy shelters have chemical toilets) and just any possible attack. it's kind of a standard here.

Omri said:
I can't see myself working on the plants outside when rockets can fall from the sky any moment.

aww come on, you cant let the aussies have the title of "extreme gardening" with their little ol' spiders an snakes, you'll have rockets & machince gun fire while wearing your flak jacket & gas mask, now thats extreme gardening!! :lol:

I'm just joking around to make some light of the situation, maybe its a bad joke & I'm sorry but I thought it was funny.
but seriously, be safe & I hope theres a cease fire very soon.

chilehunter said:
aww come on, you cant let the aussies have the title of "extreme gardening" with their little ol' spiders an snakes, you'll have rockets & machince gun fire while wearing your flak jacket & gas mask, now thats extreme gardening!! :lol:

I'm just joking around to make some light of the situation, maybe its a bad joke & I'm sorry but I thought it was funny.
but seriously, be safe & I hope theres a cease fire very soon.
It did make me laugh. :lol:
Trying to do some small-scale indoor gardening, does that count?

Back