• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Your only allowed 1.

Another one I'd consider is the Guadaloupe C. chinense since the pods are huge and the plant is very productive.

I would probably grow the Wild Brazil pepper. It is a bushy plant that is a massive producer, the pods are bite sized and plenty hot enough to get your attention. And, they have a great smokey/fruity flavor.

Alan

Mister_Al said:
I would probably grow the Wild Brazil pepper. It is a bushy plant that is a massive producer, the pods are bite sized and plenty hot enough to get your attention. And, they have a great smokey/fruity flavor.

Alan

Great choice! I would go for a chinense, too.

To be more precise, I would choose Pimenta Morango, seems to be closely related to Pimenta da Neyde but Morango is a smaller plant and has upright strawberry-shaped fruits which set in clusters. Flavour is great, very aromatic and very hot.:cool:

DSCN0418b.jpg

DSCN0421b.jpg

DSCN0422b.jpg

Grteat looking plant Donnie really like the shape and color --

For me I would choose the Hot Cherry Pepper -- some I have grown this year have been very hot and I use them for everything -- Pickling, drying, stuffing and with a nice crusty bread -- to me its perfect

I really need to try more peppers before I make a true decision...but for right now it would be the orange hab because I already put it in just about anything I make.

Rat Turd
Cool name, and supposed to be a lot of heat from a small pepper.

If I had to pick just 1 and only 1 it would be Jalapeno and
here is why....Its the 1 chile I can get away with when I cook.
The G/F cant take much more heat and I can control the heat.But
if I had to pick 1 just for me (based on my 1 season of growing new types) It would be the Naga Mo.I love its taste and burn.

I have to agree JollyRancher. I was going to say Orange Hab, but I think I have grown to love the Yellow Fatalii even more. This year I made sauce with them twice, pickled some, and dried them for powder. Yep, that's my choice.

I would go a simple red Cayenne......Why?

It's a great producer, you can use it fresh, you can dry it for powder with great results, you can smoke them and use them that way or dry them for smoked chilli powder.

You can do this with just about any chilli but i would like the heat controlability (I think that's a word) and diverse nature of the red cayenne.....

I would miss roasting my jals though, and the heat of my habs......

Aaawwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I can't do it!!!!!! ME NEEDS THEM AALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!:hell:

Well, I've finally made my decision. Keep in mind my pepper experience is only 1 year and I've yet to grow a wide array.

But... If I had only one to grow it would be the Fresno.

Its production has been good and the flavor when ripe is outstanding. The amount of heat makes a nice popper that the wife will eat. Which is a huge plus in my book.

of the chillis ive tasted thus far, scotch bonnet, its got decent heat, great flavor, and is fairly versatile; I have not had Bhut Jolokia yet, so when my peppers set, my choice may change...

Back