• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest 04-17/18-09 Popper Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after accidently spilling numerous brewhaha's and shots of that evil mexican firewater into my mouth, I managed to plate some of the destruction and mayhem up without the Blues Kitchen 'sploding into a giant mushroom cloud...

The sauce absolutely was killer!

0026.jpg

I couldn't get a good shot of the oozy goozy cheddar habs and serrano's in the cornbread but you get the picture...

0027-1.jpg

As if that wasn't enough last night.....I've got another title shot coming tonight.

Cheers, TB.

thehotpepper.com said:
OMG you made the Popper Pie before me. It looks greatttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy fu&^%%%$%%%%%%%%!!!!!

Thanks THP. Muahahahahahaha...I'm not too proud. I'll beg, borrow, steal and kill for any and all ideas.

Cheers, TB.

Hell to the yez-ah! TB, popper injected cornbread? The stakes are raised yet another notch..

And Impy, hot damn... hot... damn... Enchilada poppers? Wow, I want BAD.

Only 3:00pm here in NC, but the drinking has begun, so the poppers can't be far behind. As soon as I get done makin mashed potatoes for the recently de-molared girlfriend, the prep phase shall be eminent. Pics and Tequila shots in a few.

I just had another look at Impy's chicken enchy poppers. All I can say is Impy's a Kung Fu Popper Mistress! Fear her!

Cheers, TB.

AlabamaJack said:
stuffed....

041709g001.jpg

will do three other ones like this then wrap in bacon and put on grill on medium heat for a while....slow cooked grilled poppers....

JayT...your idea for poll judging is fine with me...

Wow! Talk about Phallic Popper!! Check out the little Pink Floyd on top!!

Cheers, TB.

Aww, you guys are making me blush :). TB...what can I say...your poppers look amazing as always & the popper pie just looks...it looks...zomg I'm @ a loss for words.

Here's entry #2:

brekkiepop.jpg

Brekkie poppers!!! The stuff in the brown wrapping is pork brekkie sausage. The thing in the back is a pretty looking bloody mary. OK, there are foods to be cooked!

Impy. Do you have a Whole Foods in KS? Looking at the 360 stuff makes me think you go to the same hippy store I go to. Ya gots good taste girl. Hash browns? Methinks you have kung fu we haven't seen before..

Cheers, TB.

Bacon, hash browns, eggs and pork brekkie snausage. OMG! Could it be? Could it really be? The breakfast popper?!?! I am on my knees.....I am not worthy.

The rest of you popper studs are the cream of the crop. How could anyone pick just one favorite? You all are indeed POPPER OVERLORDS.

I grovel at the mere appearance of your nom de plumes. Thank you all for the entertainment and the inspiration.

Can't wait to see what other grooviness follows.

Bravo.

TB...the poppers are divine and the popper pie looks amazing...the wife will like that...

Impy...it never even crossed my mind to make breakfast poppers....what an original idea...agree with TB on the kung foo prowess...just saw the Bloody Mary...nothing like spice on top of spice...

i know the pop pic i posted in the other popper thread can't compete for the complexity of filling but to just for the hell of it can a mod cut and past the pics in this thread for now ( isn't it great when you spell check and find out you've done good!!!!!)

Davetaylor said:
i know the pop pic i posted in the other popper thread can't compete for the complexity of filling but to just for the hell of it can a mod cut and past the pics in this thread for now ( isn't it great when you spell check and find out you've done good!!!!!)

DT poppers of any ilk are always welcomed. Fact is, once you get past all the foo foo and wham whams and zu zu's, the best stuff is the most simple. Take the standard restaurant popper. 'Peno, cheese, breading, fried. That's it. Most have little or no heat, but bars and restaurants around the world sell the hell out of them. They're just plain damn good!

Cheers, TB.

Man, some most excellent happenings goin' on here. :D

Love that Popper Pie TB....Cornbread, AND Poppers!! It's a thing of massive munchiness. Nice looking sauce too bro.

DRAT! I have leftover Breakfast Skillet stuff from the other day adn it didn't occur to me to fill a popper with it!! Awesome idea Impy!!

Oh, and I have those exact same Pequins..they rock. Same spot should also have Mexican Oregano and other nice spices. Plus, the garlic powder packets, etc is way cheap that way.

Gah, sadly the aftermath leaves me feeling like frell and with one beer and about two shots left...Aaieeeee! Better go shopping...

Great stuff everyone!

Just wait until some new peep askes about making Poppers...they won't know what pepper truck hit them now...TeeHee.

-QS

texas blues said:
DT poppers of any ilk are always welcomed. Fact is, once you get past all the foo foo and wham whams and zu zuzu's, the best stuff is the most simple. Take the standard restaurant popper. 'Peno, cheese, breading, fried. That's it. Most have little or no heat, but bars and restaurants around the world sell the hell out of them. They're just plain damn good!

Cheers, TB.

i'm not one for pretentious crap when it comes to food, i like simple combos cos when you start adding lots and lots of different things for flavour they all compete and none of them win, but poppers or any chilli related food ain't as big in the UK as it is over your way but all of the UK growers are trying to change that one step at a time.
i'd never heard of poppers til i read the threads here but now i love them, just gotta wait on a nice harvest this season then the stuffed fire pellts will really take off!!

Here's what the most important meal of the day looks like all mooshified:

brekkiepop001.jpg

Yep, that's the sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, shredded cheese, & cream cheese!

The poppers are stuffed & in the oven now. They've only been in there 9 minutes & they're already smelling divine!

Oh & TB, yep I went to Whole Foods. I'd shop there all the time if I could, but $$$ doesn't allow me to. I realized today that I still had like $25 left on a gift card my aunt gave me for Christmas so all the brekkie popper stuff only cost a few bucks when all was said & done :).

ATTENTION: New THP word. Mooshified. Courtesy of ImpyChick.

Nice looking stuffing there Impy. I'm on my way to Whole Foods right now for a few tidbits for tonights popper orgy fest. The great 'thang about poppers is they're cheap.

Cheers, TB.

Heh, nice one. ALthough, I may have used "mooshify, gooify or squishify" a few times before. ;)

Oh, while rummaging around trying to figure out what to eat after I found out my breakfast skillet fixing's had developed alien life, I had an idea.

The Leftover Poppers Burrito

S6302657.JPG

Jack Cheese, some nice & thick Stagg Dynamite hab/cayenne/arbol chilli, a sliced up Roast Beef popper, adn some more chipotle cheddar. I woulda liked some rice in it, but didn't feel like making any yet.

Most excellent brunch-esque snack.

(It's for food, not really for the contest, but just a fun development from it...)

I like it! And yeah, come to think of it I may have heard mooshify somewhere before...& it was probably from you! Go fig ;).

ImpyChick said:
I like it! And yeah, come to think of it I may have heard mooshify somewhere before...& it was probably from you! Go fig ;).

It's all part of the Pepper Indoctrination & Metabolizing Program.

Otherwise known as P.I.M.P.
smoking-016.gif

Here they are!

brekkiepop002.jpg

brekkiepop003.jpg

Ohhhhh yeah, these are the stuff. It's like a yummy brekkie casserole stuffed in a pepper & wrapped in bacon. Soooo glad these turned out well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back