• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

2009 Grow Log

Txclosetgrower said:
I'll probably pick up some strawberries in a month or two, and then maybe a tomato or two depending on what they have at the nurseries. I'm only starting peppers from seed this year, everything else i'll buy.

I'll be buying various basils, thyme, and other herbs too.

Think i'm going to stick to growing determinate tomatoes this year....but i'm going to grow monster peppers. Assuming this balcony gets enough light, you'll shit bricks when you see what coco coir does to plants.

Well, actually, just look at redeyes log, thats a great example of the results you get from treating coco like a hydro medium.:cool:

I grew peppers for a little bit in coco before, and they got big quick but i ended up throwing them out because of bugs :( I have less bug problems here.

The grew fast

That's cool. I actually have some herbs going right now(basil, oregano, parsley and rosemary). Determinate sounds like the way to go on your balcony. That supersweet 100 was a monster.

I am curious to see the results of the coco coir. I plan on only growing 4 of my plants in coir. I figure that way if I screw things up it won't be so bad. Redeyes and you have done some nice things with coir, hopefully things go just as well for me. Well...minus the bugs.

abf303 said:
great looking plants man. nothing better then 18 holes of disc golf in the afternoon. so how long have you been playin?

Since last februrary. With a break from august(when i moved to Austin) til about 3-4 weeks ago. So i'm still a bit rusty, but i shot a +3 on sunday and placed 7 out of like 35. woot

thats good i have never played with a big group like that before. this year will be my third year playing. best game i ever had was a -4 on the par 3 course by my house but that was last yr.

Hey Txc,

i noticed on a few new leafs that are yellow on my seedlings, they are not as green as the first couple that popped up... should i be concerned about this ?

they look a little like yours.. a few green ones and a couple of not so green ones...

help me,
thanks

Great looking plants Txg, congrats. The one thing I didn't know is that you can grow beaver from seed. Learn something new every day around here.

Check out this badass goats weed(Thanks Omero!)

3235662932_6b3bf4c392_o.jpg

These scorpions aren't looking quite as hot as the goats weed, but i think they'll perk up a bit when they get fed for the 1st time here in a couple days.
3235650242_3f50da8668.jpg

Culled all but 1 plant from each pot. Figured no sense in waiting any longer, gotta do it sometime
3235675384_06be9096e4_o.jpg

Everybody that's left
3234802379_5e05ff1aab_b.jpg

And finally, the newest addition to the family: Cumari. I'm extremely excited about growing this one, i think i'm going to grow two if any more germinate in the baggie:
3235651804_74171bbf46_b.jpg

Looking good TX that goat's weed does look badass. The mature plants have an interesting look as well. Can you hook me up with some seeds once you have mature pods? I plant my first seeds, besides the Fataliis, on Sunday and already I am thinking about what I will be growing in 2010.
Keep the pictures coming.
Josh

Josh said:
Looking good TX that goat's weed does look badass. The mature plants have an interesting look as well. Can you hook me up with some seeds once you have mature pods? I plant my first seeds, besides the Fataliis, on Sunday and already I am thinking about what I will be growing in 2010.
Keep the pictures coming.
Josh

I might have a few seeds left over if you wanna give them a shot this year. I'll have to look but if you want them PM.

Txclosetgrower said:
I might have a few seeds left over if you wanna give them a shot this year. I'll have to look but if you want them PM.

I appreciate that but I am going to have to wait to grow them until 2010. I just cannot pack anymore varieties in. I am also concerned about what to do with the 3 overwintered plants in my basement. They still have green on them so I am guessing they will come back as long as they survive until March. I plan on keeping one but the other two I either need to find homes for or throw out.

Josh said:
I appreciate that but I am going to have to wait to grow them until 2010. I just cannot pack anymore varieties in. I am also concerned about what to do with the 3 overwintered plants in my basement. They still have green on them so I am guessing they will come back as long as they survive until March. I plan on keeping one but the other two I either need to find homes for or throw out.

Alright will do man. Assuming all goes well I'll send you some pods too.

Josh said:
Yep, you'd be amazed at how resiliant pepper plants are! Buddy of mine had to neglect his plants and move them to his basement for an entire winter and as soon as they got the first glimpse of sunlight on their bark, BOOM! Leaves everywhere.

WOOOOT finally a competition fatalii sprout! :onfire: Still no leaves, but I got the hook! Woooooot woot! You hear that AJ? That's the sound of an asswhipping so severe you can hear it 3 months in advance!

I also had more seeds germinate in the baggies I forgot to check for a few days. Went ahead and planted 1 more cumari, 2 Naga Morich & 2 NMSU Bhut Jolokia. Only 1 more thing to start for the year: Passow's Piquanero.

I'm up to 22 plants.......Looks like I'll be getting more lights when I get paid.

I really like how this goat's weed looks. I believe the coloration is just a trait of this variety, it doesn't appear unhealthy and all 3 I had started exhibited the same coloration. Here's another macro shot:

3238240830_b2d8e3ddab_b.jpg

Back