• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest 2017 Inaugural Southern Hemisphere Growdown Throwdown Aji Amarillo

Based on your sow date those are 64 days old and if you have buds then we potentially have a new flower leader ... good luck karoo they looking great.

One man to another - I got the length, but you got the girth :rofl:

karoo said:
That first flower , always a thing of beauty!

Mine still going against the flow here , deciding to be a bush and not a tree. With a side branch at every single leaf.

attachicon.gif
P1170087.JPG

With an Aji Amarillo, that is a trait you might like to see!  :rofl:

ThatBlondGuy101 said:

Looking very nice!

Personally, I'll take bushy over tall any day...

Agreed.

My AA are at about 4-5 feet tall in a 20-gallon container.
Also probably 4-5 feet wide!

Dale put up a nice pic of his plants; in fact he sent me the seeds I used this year. I wish I had known to train it. Mine is still going, and it's sprawling like a zucchini....LOL

I now know better ;) :shh:

Nice grow 'yall have going on!

KAOS said:
She's just about there karoo - 70 days by my count.

Bloody good going

ThatBlondGuy101 said:
When did it fork? Any open flowers yet?

I think you'll clean up both categories, unless LocalFart is growing a monster...

Nice work!
Thanx KAOS and TBG ,
as you can see , the forks have forked  .
First fork at least a week ago , but I' am only here for the big prize, total tonnage .

This whole growdown is a real eye opener to me . It is amazing what can be done when you put so much effort into one or two plants . These two have had everything they could ever wish for . Carried in and out every day for sunshine outside and heat and lights by night . As you can see I'm a bit competitive , but mostly with myself .

My poor other plants are all lagging due to neglect.

it is beautiful no doubt but curse that African sun.

Wasn't there a rule 7.2(c) section 3 item(1) paragraph 5 subset (c) that clearly stated that all plants grown on the African continent were subject to a penalty handicap of 25 days (and equally a negative starting weigh in of 2000g) for all entrants. Swear I saw that somewhere.

KAOS said:
it is beautiful no doubt but curse that African sun.

Wasn't there a rule 7.2(c) section 3 item(1) paragraph 5 subset (c) that clearly stated that all plants grown on the African continent were subject to a penalty handicap of 25 days (and equally a negative starting weigh in of 2000g) for all entrants. Swear I saw that somewhere.
-cough- -splutter- -cough-

Someone getting a bit nervous?

:rofl:

Back