• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

All This Talk About Superhots Getting Big

They're ripening more often now. :)

Chris

P1070291.jpg

Waw Chris ! First time I'm seeing this thread... Your photos are super, and your harvest really huge !!! I still don't have any flowers on my super hots ! :( Yesterday with a big storm, another one of my 7 pods perished :( Now I only have 1 plant left, but it's so tiny that I don't know if I will have any ripe peppers this year.
Fabulous the Trinidad Douglah ! How is the flavour and heat?

Hey Magarida,

The Douglah is incredibly hot. I mean off the charts. My mouth hurt badly biting into a little bit. My nose was burning. I couldn't detect much flavor as I was in pain. :) Very interesting variety!

Chris

whocares said:
Waw Chris ! First time I'm seeing this thread... Your photos are super, and your harvest really huge !!! I still don't have any flowers on my super hots ! :( Yesterday with a big storm, another one of my 7 pods perished :( Now I only have 1 plant left, but it's so tiny that I don't know if I will have any ripe peppers this year.
Fabulous the Trinidad Douglah ! How is the flavour and heat?

I would love to get that tested for SHU. :) I believe TrinnieHottie was trying to get CARDI to do that. I hope to hear the results.

Chris

Ouch! My lips just feel off my face just looking at those Doughlah. I love the way you document all your peppers source and harvest date. Must make for an excellent slideshow.

Thanks. I'm too lazy to put seed lists together so it's the best way for me and fun to see what I grow. Having maturity dates also is nice for future reference.

I was at a Farmer's Market today and this guy was selling regular orange habs and hot paper lanterns. I just happened to have two Douglah pods and a 7 pod in my pocket from my harvest this morning.

The guy swore nothing was hotter than the Paper Lanterns. I challenged him to bite the Douglah. He said his were the hottest around. He didn't take me up on it. lol. I don't know if he really believed his story or something else.

Chris

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Ouch! My lips just feel off my face just looking at those Doughlah. I love the way you document all your peppers source and harvest date. Must make for an excellent slideshow.

Here's a few pics I promised of my bigBang naga pods.

Some recently picked pods
2842587353_0b43d98f0f.jpg

Lots of seeds in them
2842587357_59f8ed01e1.jpg

Seeds removed
2842587363_52455cc485.jpg

They are damn hot but I haven't eaten enough to really judge how they compare. I'm killing myself lately sampling all these super hotties as I'm sure you are Chris:mouthonfire:

I noticed a spot of color (other than green) on one of my Nagas this morning. They're ripening!!!!!!!!

I didn't have a camera handy, so I'll take and post a pic tomorrow - IF I remember to bring the cam.

Back