• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest April ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roach Coach huh? I had a carnitas burrito from a vendor that caters to all the construction sites a while back. It was surprisingly good. I have entertained the thought of having a food truck but damn...alot of work, initial outlay, permits and sheer luck involved dissuaded me. On the other hand, I'd love to have my own burger joint but that'd get in the way of my other pursuits, such as music and fishing.

The food truck idea for a throwdown has merits but might be too broad. I still says....Bacon Throwdown. Bacon is a universal language.

Bacon is a universal culinary language. Desert bacon? Oh yeah. Candied and spiced bacon? Oh yeah. Bacon infused with Bhut powder? Oh yeah. My vote......BACON!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaK9bjLy3v4

I don't know, bacon is played, whenever someone wants to take something to another level on TV they add bacon and expect everyone to go nuts. Yeah, it's good, but still. Bacon on donuts? In ice cream? It's all be done.

After taking a look back through TD history I can see something that hasn't been done that is open to alot of interpretation. What about a Fondue Throwdown? Could do a cheese course, a main course (oil or broth) and of course a chocolate desert.

After taking a look back through TD history I can see something that hasn't been done that is open to alot of interpretation. What about a Fondue Throwdown? Could do a cheese course, a main course (oil or broth) and of course a chocolate desert.
Yummy! I'm fond of fondue.

Fon don't.

Hmmmm. A pot of cheese may look the same in every pic. It's a good idea for a tasting comp but let's remember these are judged by pics. I don't know.

Kung-Foo

Best Asian (any) dish with the most creative foo foo.

There's like ten thousand ways to fondue besides cheese. ;)

......but the cheese IS damn good.
I don't know much about it, except wine/cheese/spices and dipping stuff. What else is there? Don't want you to give away any secrets, but in general.

THP, there is dessert fondue. You can melt chocolate or butterscotch or peanut butter chips and dip poundcake or strawberries.

rocketman already touched on various fondous- dipping in melted cheese, using oils as a main course hot cooking for meat, and then there's the desserts!

Hot Pot Cooking! The hot pot could be oil or cheese or chocolate or water or...? Somehow you have to dip something on the end of a stick into a hot pot of something and then eat it. Maybe the "dip-a-stick" theme would work. Dumplings dipped in boiling water would qualify~

Asian also sounds good. I have a great spicy curry I could post but there's that whole POL thang~~~
:cool:

Bacon....been there, done that....

Check out the website for the Melting Pot restaurant - nothing fancy, but gives you some ideas of what can be done other than cheese.

If you guys are really into fondue we could do it. Seems a lot of the players that may not be interested in this one anyway have posted they are not around for it. That would leave Kung Foo for the next one. Well, just ideas here. Keep it going. I still like the food truck one too, but summer seems right for that.

I'm not really into fondue - have no fondue pots, and wouldn't get one (or two, or ten...) for this purpose. But I can see where it could be interesting if a rule was either no cheese or a cheese course plus a non-cheese course. SL's idea of a dipping anything could work to broaden participation though - not limit it to "just" fondue (ie - no need for a fondue pot.) Just thinking out loud here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back