• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ballzworth 2010 Grow Log

Things are off to an early start.

Here's the grow list:

Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut
7 Pot
Trinidad Scorpion
Naga Morich
Red Savina
Yellow Devil's Tongue
Fatalli
Orange Habanero
Paper Lanter Habanero
White Habanero
Caribbean Red
Jamaican Hot
Scotch Bonnet (2 varieties)
Tasmanian Habanero
Pumpkin Habanero
Aji Limon
Mustard Habanero
Bishops Crown
Ancho Poblano
Tabasco
Bonda Ma Jacques
Cili Goronong

Here's what I got growing on so far, primarily the super hots...excellent germination rate, all of them between 6 and 9 days.

DSCF2493.jpg

DSCF2485.jpg

I have a bunch of 42 watt CFL's as well once they get a bit bigger.

Should be a good year.

Best of luck to everyone else! ;)

Here's "Rusty", a suspected chocolate bhut / red 7 cross.

This is one of my faves. Was supposed to be a chocolate bhut, but started growing like a 7 with the really light green pods and shape and it looks as though it's turned out to be a cross between the two. Very rusty orange color...like a sunburst orange (hard to capture in a pic), and when you look close to can the see brown and red swirled in there.

Seeds came from chilliseeds UK as a choco bhut. I'm really loving this crossed version though.

Pod on the left has been fully ripe for over a week.

chocobhut-7podjune172010.jpg

Full Plant in a 9 gallon - long wing span.
chocobhut-7podjune172010fullplant.jpg

Some scorpion pods. Endless amount of pods and flowers on this plant. Stingers on almost all of them.
scorpionjune172010.jpg

Another plant with lots of pods - Caribbean Red. Any second now they'll be ripening.
carabbeanredjune172010.jpg

A few more random pods:

Mustard Hab.
mustardhabjune172010.jpg

Full size Poblanos
poblanojune172010.jpg

And my favorite...a Pepper Joes "Scotch Bonnet" (aka Orange Hab)
pepperjoesorangehab.jpg

And a second Pepper Joe's Scotch Bonnet (seeds from same packet as above pic). Gotta be some kind of cross. Some of the pods are pretty cool looking and there's endless amounts of them.
scotchbonnetpepperjoejune172010.jpg

Thanks for the Scotch Bonnet's Pepper Joe!

Ballz,
The Plants look spectacular, Growing very nice. Good stuff on the Pepper Joe Bonnets :)
SS that rusty 7pod/choco bhut will be tested at my place tomorrow with a few cold ones. I have a feeling its going to be nasty!!

Good stuff Ballz!!!!!!

More fine pod pics.

So why the wait on the ripe Rusty? Don't ya wanna know what it tastes like? :)

SS that rusty 7pod/choco bhut will be tested at my place tomorrow with a few cold ones. I have a feeling its going to be nasty!!

Good stuff Ballz!!!!!!

Thanks guys, and there you have you're answer SS. going over to Madhatters tomorrow, so I've been holding off for the official "Madballz" taste test to try it. I think we have the goat weed on the menu as well. We know it will be hot, but just how hot is the question?

Some scorpion pods. Endless amount of pods and flowers on this plant. Stingers on almost all of them.
scorpionjune172010.jpg

This is exactly how I imagine a scorpion would look like.
Where did you get these seeds? The plant just looks amaizing.

Oh, and that choco bhut... gotta love that colour :)

Bleash

Thanks guys, and there you have you're answer SS. going over to Madhatters tomorrow, so I've been holding off for the official "Madballz" taste test to try it. I think we have the goat weed on the menu as well. We know it will be hot, but just how hot is the question?

Cool, anxiously awaiting the report. :)

Can't wait to hear the report of tonight's taste testing trials. Best of luck to the both of you. Better pick up some ice cream on the way home tonight hatter.

Forgot to tell you how great they're looking Ballz. They are looking damn good buddy.

Great looking poda ballzworth. I'm sure the taste test will be quite interesting to say the least.
I'm still fearing the day my yellow 7 pods rippen. Things looks so mean they almost seam alien.

Thanks for the comments. Things are coming along fast and furious so all is good.

Awesome pictures! I cant wait until I get pods like that, the Pepper Joes looks mad! Great job!

Pepper Joe's is mad alright....mad about selling Orange Habaneros under different names. There's a 3rd "scotch bonnet" plant I'm growing by him as well that I didn't post, but it's just an orange hab as well. His "Giant Bhut" seems to be growing bhuts at least, and his Tas Hab is true so I'm not complaining.

This is exactly how I imagine a scorpion would look like.
Where did you get these seeds? The plant just looks amaizing.

Seeds from my man Patrick! These are probably turning out to be my favorite pods. exactly what I was hoping for.

Can't wait to hear the report of tonight's taste testing trials. Best of luck to the both of you. Better pick up some ice cream on the way home tonight hatter.
Forgot to tell you how great they're looking Ballz. They are looking damn good buddy.

Thanks Patrick. It's all good news for both of us from here on out!

Great looking poda ballzworth. I'm sure the taste test will be quite interesting to say the least.
I'm still fearing the day my yellow 7 pods rippen. Things looks so mean they almost seam alien.

Your 7's do look deadly. That's exactly what you like to see. Ripening any time too.

i like you scorpion too ,i tried to get them this year also but the wouldn't sprouted so will give them an other go next year when i get new seeds somewhere.

Greets Bjorn

a few updated pics before I do a mass harvest

peach hab (another one of pepper joe's surprises...was supposed to be a scotch bonnet and he doesn't even sell the peach hab!?!??) a pleasant surprise though.
PeachHabJuly302010.jpg

bhut. growing true! tonnes of pods.
bhutjolokiajuly302010.jpg

the rusty "madballz 7". by far the hottest thing I've ever tried.
madballz7july302010.jpg

goronong coming along well. really cool looking pods.
goronongjuly302010.jpg

naga morich...first signs of ripening.
nagamorichjuly302010.jpg

jamaican squash (i think). cool pods...mild heat.
jamaicansquashjuly302010.jpg

scorpion. first pods all had stingers, newer pods don't. made lots of hot sauce with this one. HOT!
scorpionjuly302010.jpg

mustard hab...on the hotter end of the hab heat scale. very nice color and unique pods. one of my faves.
mustardhabjuly302010.jpg

aji limon - nice tasting citrusy pepper
ajilimonjuly302010.jpg

Caribbean red
caribbeanredjuly302010.jpg

orange hab. thanks to pepper joe, I have many hundreds of these.
orangehabjuly302010.jpg

half of the pepper garden.
devilsgardenjuly302010.jpg

Damn Ballz you're going to be swimming in peppers very soon. Looks like every plant is exploding with pods! Too cool.

Excellent Ballz! Im glad pepper joe kind of came through. The pics look outstanding! Nice to see the cili goronong i gave you doing well. Love the shape and productivity of those. You have enough carib reds and orange habs to feed Barrie, Ontario. Farmers market!
Theres cold ones in the fridge when your ready.

cheers

Damn Ballz you're going to be swimming in peppers very soon. Looks like every plant is exploding with pods! Too cool.

thanks patrick. i can't say enough about how well this season is going. the plants are loaded with pods! couldn't be happier. it's going to be sad to see it all end in 2 months.

Excellent Ballz! Im glad pepper joe kind of came through. The pics look outstanding! Nice to see the cili goronong i gave you doing well. Love the shape and productivity of those. You have enough carib reds and orange habs to feed Barrie, Ontario. Farmers market!Theres cold ones in the fridge when your ready.cheers

your goronong and bonda ma jacques are both producing great now. awesome looking peppers and can't wait to taste them. i definitely have enough carib reds to feed more than Barrie! I'm thinking a farmers market would be a great idea. we'll have some beers this weekend for sure! I gotta see some of your unique pods that are putting out since the last time I was over.

Back