• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Extreme Burger Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shite a chile relleno burger? Wait... haha someone did that in Burger Royal last year.

Relleno was a topper.  Eggs. heh heh heh
even tho them pics were taken 15 minutes ago, I dont look as drunk as I feel I should look for body slamming botophucket right now. I'll get in on this thang manananananana I promise.
chat later mebbe.. BWAGAHHAHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

Cinco de Julio Mexican Combo Plater Burger Extremo

Layers From Bottom to top:

-Sesame seed bun
-1 lb. 80/20 ground chuck mixed with, 1 lb. Mexican Pork Chorizo 1/2 TBS Red Savina Powder
-Thick Sliced Tomato
-Sliced Avocado
-Smoked Turkey Breast (started at 9:AM this morning)
-Big ol dose of Scovie's Molé BBQ sauce
-Chile Relleno stuffed with Tillamook Cheddar, Tillamook PepperJack, and Cotija cheeses made with a batter of 6 eggs, 1/4 cup flour, and love
-Top bun.
Eat like you found the road to the promised land...

View attachment 6162

View attachment 6163

Ingredients/Methods.

Smoked Turkey
Brine:
• 2 Gallons Water
• 2 C. Kosher Salt
• 4 TBS Black Pepper
• 1 TBS Dried Crushed Rosemary (from the garden)
• 1 TBS Fresh Thyme (from the garden)
• 1/4 C. Mole Asses
• 1/2 C. White Wine (the kind you would actually drink)
• 1/2 C. Worchhesrtersctreire Sauce
Rinse and dry Full Turkey Breast (2 breastesses on the rib cage) and submerge in 39º F or cooler Brine over night or at least 12 hours.
Before putting in Smoker, rinse well, and pat dry. Very dry. Make a dry rub with Paprika, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Garlic Salt, Red Habanero Powder, and Rosemary. Rub thoroughly all over breastesses (wink wink). Put in Smoker with Cherry wood chips for 3 hours, and start checking internal temps. at the 3 hour mark, switch to Apple wood chips. why? i dunno, just do it. When internal temp reaches 163º F, pull it wrap tight with foil and let rest for up to an hour before refrigeration. Slice. done. mmm

Rellenos:
• 6 Ripe Pobllanos
• Tillamook Cheddar, Tillamook PepperJack, and grated Cotija cheeses
• Toothpicks
• 1/4 C. Flour
• 6 Eggs
• Red Habanero Powder
Burn the Poblanos on the side burner of your grill, and peel off the blackened skin. Cut a slit up by the stem and cut out the seed pod. Insert Cheese blend and use toothpicks to hold closed. Place in Freezer for about an hour, until fryer oil reaches 360º F. For the batter, separate 6 EGGS and place the whites in a large mixing bowl. On High Speed whip whites until they for SOFT peaks, no meringue here. Add Flour and whip on High speed for 10 seconds. Add the egg yolks, and on Med speed, mix for another 10 seconds. Finish folding yolks in with a spatula. cover and refrigerate until needed. When oil has come to temperature, dredge the semi frozen Rellenos in flour, completely cover in batter and fry for about 7 minutes, until it is all gooey inside.

Burgers:
• 1 lb. 80/20 Ground Chuck
• 1 lb. Mexican Pork Chorizo
• 1/2 TBS Red Savina Powder
Mix thoroughly and lest blend for at least an hour. Make into 4-1/2 lb. patties, and Grill on high until charred and thoroughly cooked, but still juicy. mmmm

Scovie's Molé BBQ Sauce.
• 3/4 C. Ketchup
• 2 Tbs Butter
• 1 Tbs Unsweetened Cocoa powder
• 1 Tbs Espresso powder
• 1 Tbs Cider Vinegar
• 1 Tbs Mole asses
• 1-1/2 tsp French's Yellow Mustard
• 1-1/2 tsp Worchestershetchire Sauce
• 3/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
• 1 Tbs Pasilla Ancho Powder
• 1 Tbs grated Mexican Chocolate
• 1-1/2 tsp Red Habanero Powder
• 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
• 1/2 tsp Ground Oregano
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
• 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
• 3 Cranks of BP
I highly recommend trying this sauce, add all ingredients and simmer for an hour, add chicken stock or water if it gets too thick.

.76¢ PoL is in teaser pics here http://thehotpepper.com/topic/40271-begin-extreme-burger-throwdown/?p=849233

keyoqoT.jpg

RocketMan is in like Flynn on this one. Here's my team for this one

AF7833D0-403D-4934-9634-1E191DFC57E6-7801-00000BB00FA72A80_zpsfcf65a98.jpg

POL close up

F75A98BF-DFFA-465D-AF32-9770097978FD-7801-00000BB01AB0A40A_zps2fe004d1.jpg

Ummmm, Burgers

F0AC9186-C5CA-47A5-A3C4-073A4182B883-7801-00000BB02DEEF192_zpsd2715feb.jpg

The prep work has begun

8C49F0CF-B550-4E5E-8648-0C5E5F7426FB-7801-00000BB179CE239C_zps7b486548.jpg

For this TD I have a Sous Chef working with me, RocketMom. She taught me a lot of what I know about cooking and loves good heat. So y'all give her a Howdy :)

Rocket mom!!!! Howdy from Miami!

I see a little Greek thing goin on there... Great idea!
Hope it comes out great.
More importantly I hope the fam has fun making it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back