• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Oktoberfused Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my final inspiration! Goody Goody...

Friday Night Vinyl Rocks!!!!

Scovie, what I said earlier about an early night to process th9se 5 boxes f pods?????? Might have to re-visit that idea.......~~~~

:cheers:

Betterhalf's Braten Alfredo on Bed of Spaetzle

Spaetzle
Flour
Egg
Salt
Milk

Stir together flour and salt. Combine eggs and milk, add to flour mixture. Boil water add a little salt. In a Spaetzle Hex or colander push through with a spoon into boiling water, cook for 2-3mins when floating it's done. Take out and rinse in cool water. Toss in a little butter to keep from sticking together.

Alfredo Sauce
Half and Half
Cream Cheese
Garlic Powder
Salt
Permesan Cheese
Aji Lemon Peppers Fresh and Diced

Melt butter first in sauce pan when melted add cream cheese melt together. Add half and half and parmesan then add garlic powder and salt add Aji Lemon Pepper. Set aside to thicken to your liking. Then place on top of Spaetzle.

Bratwurst
I bought premade brats. :( I seared them in a frying pan then added Paulaner Hefe-Weizen German beer and let them simmer.

So top Spaetzle with Alfredo and Brats on the side. I also sprinkled a bit of Aji Blanco Christal Pepper powder on top of it all.

meg3.jpg

meg2.jpg

Sweeman Stuffed Pork and Fried Cabbage

Hardanger Lefse

Butter Milk
White Corn Syrup
Baking Soda
Melted Butter
Eggs beaten
Sugar
Flour

Individually mix all ingrediants minus the Flour, until smooth. Gradually add the Flour until forms a dough. Kneading not necessary, set aside.

Stuffed Tenderloin

The stuffing
Cranberry
Lingonberry Jelly
Fataliis
Surgar
Lemon Juice
Rosemary
Butter

Alright so I looked all over for Frozen or Fresh Lingonberries but it is still a bit early in the season for us to get ours. So I went with a combination of cranberry and Lingon Berry Jelly. In a pot add the Surgar, Fataliis, Cranberrys, and Butter. Simmer til Cranberrys are soft, mash cranberrys, and add lemon juice, rosemary, and Lingonberry Jelly. Romove from heat and prepare Pork

The Pork

Pork
Bhut Jalokia
Red Caribbean
Trinidad Scorpion
Salt
Sugar
Garlic powder
Pepper

I dehydrated all the peppers and turned them into a powder, added the rest of the ingrediants for a rub. I butterflied the pork and stuffed it with Jelly. I rolled it up and rubbed the spice generously over the pork then tied it close with butcher twine.

Fried Cabbage

Green Cabbage
Red Cabbage
Onion
Balsamic Vinegar
White Corn Syrup
Apple Juice
Cinnamon Stick
Salt
Moruga Scorpion
Red 7 pot

Shred your cabbage, dice your onion, in pan heat your butter and add the cabbage, onions, Moruga, and Red 7. When tender add Apple Juice, Balsamic, Corn syrup, and cinnamon Stick. Simmer til cabbage is soft and season to taste.

The Set Up

In a Skillet heat Vegetable Oil and sear the pork on all sides, place in oven for 7-8 minutes (pork should still be pink) let cool to room temp. Take a chunk of the Lefse dough and take a rolling pin to it. Should be really thin, egg wash dough and wrap pork with it. Cut sides then fold to the bottom. Egg wash exterior. Bake in oven til golden brown. let rest 5 minutes then slice and serve with cabbage on side.

aaron2.jpg

aaron8.jpg

german-bavarian fusion ...

my bf used to be German ... everytime someone would mention a food they thought he'd eat, he'd snap back -> "that's Bavarian!"

maybe it's the technique that's fusion here ...

SWEEMAN

SWEEDISH/GERMAN. Lefse iis scandinavian, and although germans use lingonberry they are primarily used for holidays in scandinavian dishes. The cabbage is a twist on the red cabbage you see in german dishes, with sweedish flavors.

Thanks CJ. It really turned out delicious. I didn't even get a bite and had to run to the store by the time I got back about a quarter of it was left.
Hubby's was yummy to a Tad bit too spicy but the meat was moist and the jelly was fruity spicy, the bread was the hint of sweetness that made it tolerable for me too eat. As for cabbage it was bangin'!

Was a late night but well worth it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back