• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! The "Meltdown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swiss Mountain

400g Scotch fillet
4 slices smoked ham
4 slices swiss cheese
4 mushrooms
Slice of onion
Tbs cream
1/2 Tbs mustard
1/2 Tbs grated parmesan cheese
1-2 chillies of choice
butter
salt and pepper
Ciabatta

Grill the mushrooms, onion, ham until well coloured.  Cook the steak to your liking and rest.

Mix cream, mustard and char grilled chilli and reduce by half.  Let it cool and add parmesan and thin sliced beef and toss.

Grill Ciabatta, add a slice of cheese and melt under the grill.  Top with meat and cheese and grill.  Top with mushrooms, onion and ham and cheese and grill.  Top with bread and cheese and grill.

P1061813_zpsf6ddd9d7.jpg

Inhale.  It was guuuuuud.  The cheese is not oozing much in the last pic but it's in there

P1061814_zps2ce640e9.jpg

SoFlo fo' sho'.

Broke out the pressure cooker for this one. It was a must.

11785521096_eb32c44456_b.jpg

After 30 mins. pulled it out and let it cool till I could pull the bones out.
Then I got my chop, skillet, and fold on.

11785167424_369d6f7262_b.jpg

11785161114_c2b15f3ea2_b.jpg

11784996443_c93bdd5fbb_c.jpg

SANDWICH BOT!!!

11784723075_4e7b34166c_b.jpg

You knows it.

Cuban Chicken con Cheese

This was a good one. Sandwiches are my jam, especially smashed ones with cheese.

For this one I went with a loaf of Cuban bread, two chicken legs, pickled jalapenos, bacon, muenster cheese, and yellow mustard.

Chicken:
Two chicken legs with skin cut off.
Place in ziploc with mojo marinade and into fridge for 3+ hours.

Into pressure cooker with 1 cup water, a healthy dusting of onion and garlic powder, and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove from pressure cooker and let cool ~10 minutes. Then pull the meat off the bones and coarse chop.
Brown in pan with a little veg oil and fold in some muenster cheese. This will help hold it together when piled on the Cuban bread.

Sandwich:
About 9" of Cuban bread sliced to make top and bottom.
Pile on as much sshhhicken as can be handled. Top with a generous heap of pickled jalapenos, bacon, and a double blanket of muenster cheese.
Yellow mustard on the top bun.
Smash in sandwich bot till perfectly melty.

See my process

Before:
11785494856_b4e32dc1c2_b.jpg

After:
11784981443_e9988250da_b.jpg

Oh scheeizt Sum!

Just seeing that awesomeness makes me want one of them thar' Cuisansheeit chingaderra smashers.

Can't do it though.

In a few weeks after I clear out some stuff I ain't using I'ma get my flat top on wheels on.

Sum there are ghosts flying out of your sandwich!!!!!

Awesome job! That needs to be in your restaurant!

frydad4 said:
Sum there are ghosts flying out of your sandwich!!!!!

Awesome job! That needs to be in your restaurant!

Yeah!

And it should be on the menu at the cafe joints they have inside IKEA furniture stores.

Because it looks SOFA KING GOOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back