• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 2019

Well, hello everybody! Thank you for stopping by! I'm sorry I'm late to the show. It takes me a long while to get started on anything. I've decided to cut down on varieties and just grow what I know I like, and have more plants of those. I'll be adding a few more as they hook. As of right now, here's what's growin':

2019 Growlist

Purple Flower BBG Orange
Antep Aci Dolma (Devv)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
Fluorescent Yellow Superhot ?? WHP
Black Congo (PL)
Cluster BBG (Buckeye)
Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (Genetikx)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Mine)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F4 (My seeds and Mojo's seeds. Also have F2 clone overwinter)

Not very far along...but getting there!

SB7J
pZoFV00.jpg

Cinder F4
dIRl9T0.jpg

The whole gang
9ngQYtX.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Looks like we back to winter soon.

kTeggtT.jpg
Oh, Shizz! Not AS cold here, but the two days I took the plants out was pointless. In the 40'sF at least once coming up...low 50's for a week or two. So, back to the normal schedule of +\- Mother's Day plant-out.
How do you get your veggies and trees to fruit in your short season? I know you're focusing on indoor this year with the veggies, but the trees seem like they need a long time, too.

Bhuter said:
Time for a rant.

Am I the only person who hates spring? Yes, the weather's nice...but that's it. People get cabin fever and MUST go outside and do things. I'm not an outside person. I hate being outside. I'm not a people person, either. If there are people outside, I stay in. I go out to check the plants. It may take a while, but I'm coming right back. Outside is too bright and hot. I guess it comes from being from California originally. I was excited to move to Michigan 20 years ago because it snows and it's cold here. BULLSH*T! It's hotter here! No humidity in Cali. Out here, you can drown in the air.

This happens every year. I tell myself in the fall, "No damn garden next year." But here I am. Every year I go through the same thing: I give up...I don't wanna do it...I'll just let the plants die...maybe I can sell them...etc. But I never do. It's not the gardening, it's the weather. I like cold and snow. BUT, if I were to move further up north, I'd bitch about the cold and darkness. ‍♂️ I guess I'm not happy unless I'm miserable.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I'm sorry if I brought anybody down. That was not my intent. I just wanna know if there are other anti-spring people. This weather makes me want to scream and sleep...at the same time. Lol

I hear ya, but here it's the summer! The cold is OK if the wind isn't deafening, and here it's either not or it is..no in between. But being outside, I live for that, as long as I'm not sweating (to much) or freezing, here that's a hardly.

People? I can deal with them when I want to, but stupidity hurts my head and I can't stand it...LOL. To quote Ron White, "ya can't fix stupid". I think that needs to go on my headstone via a will :D

Found 'em! And hooray for Annuums! I might still have time for these this year. 60-75 days sounds better than 120+. Lol. I bought them last fall and lost 'em. Found 'em in the dust.
gAlHCkz.jpg

8PHoywf.jpg

If anybody else wants to give em a whirl this season, let me know. I'll be glad to pass some along. Maybe 5 seeds to each person.

Bhuter said:
Thank you! I was unsure until I saw the maturation time. Seems crazy-fast when you're used to Chinense. Lol. I have 2 awaiting germination.

They would have to be crazy-fast and then some if you were to transplant them outdoors in August in Seattle like Burpee suggests on the seed package!  That's gotta be a mistake.  Still, it's a great thing how fast many annuums can get the job done. 

They don't get people's attention as much as the super-hots and what-not, but they'll definitely prove their worth at harvest time.

Devv said:

Hmmm...that maturation date...It's for that first lone pepper that sets at the first fork right? :shh:

Hmmm...I really don't know how that's judged. Here's a question I STILL wonder: The maturation date...is that from pod set to ripen, or seed-sowing to ripen? I really don't know and haven't gone by those in a while. But I'm thinking wishfully! Lol

CaneDog said:

They would have to be crazy-fast and then some if you were to transplant them outdoors in August in Seattle like Burpee suggests on the seed package!  That's gotta be a mistake.  Still, it's a great thing how fast many annuums can get the job done. 

They don't get people's attention as much as the super-hots and what-not, but they'll definitely prove their worth at harvest time.
It DID seem like they made your state a lot warmer than, at least, I thought it was.

CaneDog said:
Yeah, don't I wish! 

FWIW I thought the days to maturity was from transplant to ripe fruit.
Oh yeah, then there's that timeline, too... I guess that makes more sense, cuz lots of people buy plants ready to transplant...and they probably judge from when the bought it to ripe fruit. So, yes, it very well could be that!

Hey Adam! Your plants look absolutely beautiful. Learned something new today, pretty crazy too.. I can now say I know who Mr. Cinder is  :shocked: That's really cool, had no idea! I bought some seeds from WHP as you know and out of all the varieties I was the most excited about the 7Cinder. I fell in love with the look and caramel color at first sight, I'm quite the sucker for caramel! I had a Madballz back in 2012, man I wish I still had those original seeds. I believe it was "Patrick" who created that one along with the SB7J if my memory serves me correctly and I had seeds from him.. Anyway most of the varieties I've planted from that shipment have sprouted and Cinder has yet too  :censored:  I've been checking that pot for sprouts atleast twice a day for a week now! I'll keep you posted, man I hope she sprouts!  :pray:  

I also totally feel you on spring. I have multiple co workers roasting me daily lately because I spent all winter telling them all how I wasn't gonna do anything, take it easy, no holes, no shovels, not dragging my damn hose around all summer! I'm all done!!...  and here I am, once again  :rolleyes:

Also thanks alot for the SB7J offer, I would absolutely love some! Give me 5-7 months and let me grow some of these babies out and hopefully I'll end up with something you don't have that your looking to grow and we can do some trading! 

Hope everything continues to go well for you Adam!

BigCedar said:
Hey Adam! Your plants look absolutely beautiful. Learned something new today, pretty crazy too.. I can now say I know who Mr. Cinder is  :shocked: That's really cool, had no idea! I bought some seeds from WHP as you know and out of all the varieties I was the most excited about the 7Cinder. I fell in love with the look and caramel color at first sight, I'm quite the sucker for caramel! I had a Madballz back in 2012, man I wish I still had those original seeds. I believe it was "Patrick" who created that one along with the SB7J if my memory serves me correctly and I had seeds from him.. Anyway most of the varieties I've planted from that shipment have sprouted and Cinder has yet too  :censored:  I've been checking that pot for sprouts atleast twice a day for a week now! I'll keep you posted, man I hope she sprouts!  :pray:  

I also totally feel you on spring. I have multiple co workers roasting me daily lately because I spent all winter telling them all how I wasn't gonna do anything, take it easy, no holes, no shovels, not dragging my damn hose around all summer! I'm all done!!...  and here I am, once again  :rolleyes:

Also thanks alot for the SB7J offer, I would absolutely love some! Give me 5-7 months and let me grow some of these babies out and hopefully I'll end up with something you don't have that your looking to grow and we can do some trading! 

Hope everything continues to go well for you Adam!
Hey, Brandon! Thank you very much!!! Wow, that IS crazy because...I thought you only mentioned the Cinder to me BECAUSE it was mine. Lol. Yeah, I got Madballz seeds from 96Strat in 2014 (actually it was a pod and I still have a frozen one). Lol. I grew it in 2015 along with BBM I got from Troy Primeaux. The Madballz was Rust/Caramel color. The two pods in the middle are from that Father Madballz plant in 2015. The other two are chocolate and red BBG7.
GOAzqda.jpg

I was hoping for Caramel the whole time and was lucky enough to get it on F2. I still have an overwintered clone of that F2 plant. Which reminds me. The Cinder seeds you have are actually a generation ahead of what they're labeled. I sent Justin F2 & F3 pods...making the seeds F3 & F4. So if you have F3, they're actually F4. A miscommunication between us.

Anyway...do you still have those original SB7J seeds from Patrick? I have more of the atomic pheno, and I think he had the Grass Hut pheno. I don't know, though.

I can send you some Madballz seeds from either the seeds I grew that father from or seeds from those pods in the pic, or both, if you want. I have seeds from all generations of the cinder, too. We'll get a trade going later in the year...or whenever. Lol.

The caramel version is a lot milder than the F1 Chocolates. PeterS told me he got "Face-Raped" by that F1. Lol.
Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, I also notice that Cinders tend to take a week or so longer to germinate. That's how I end up with so many plants. I start 4...they don't germ...I start 4 more...then the first 4 germ. Lol. They just need a little more time. And they're smaller seeds IMO. And you meant Patrick sent you Madballz seeds, not SB7J, right? I misread that.

Adam, the PDN 7 Pot Caramel pod I got from you, last year, or was it in 2014? Anyway, it is labeled F2, does that mean from an F2 plant, so the seeds are F3?

Anyway, I think it was an old pod, as I planted 10 seeds, and all 10 came up.  Nine purple plants and one green.  I'm planning on growing out all of them. 

Take care!

Orekoc said:
Adam, the PDN 7 Pot Caramel pod I got from you, last year, or was it in 2014? Anyway, it is labeled F2, does that mean from an F2 plant, so the seeds are F3?

Anyway, I think it was an old pod, as I planted 10 seeds, and all 10 came up.  Nine purple plants and one green.  I'm planning on growing out all of them. 

Take care!
Hey, Pugs!
The PDN x Caramel was a cross I made in 2017, so last year was F1 pods with F2 seeds inside. If I labeled a pod as F2 last year, I screwed up. It's definitely only an F2 plant this year. But yes! A beautiful plant! Nice and dark with pods that ripen from Purple to green to yellow to orange and finally finishing red. The color changes are especially pronounced in cooler temps.

A green one? I wonder if that one seed is crossed. The way I understand it is every seed happens from a separate pollination event. So that one seed could be the only crossed one. ‍♂️

Back