• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

Oh man. I was going to do up a pulled pork cheese biscuit but the leftover boinks began talkin' to me. Just gave 'em a quick nuke to warm them up. I'm going for suicide by bacon! :lol:

Here's my little take on it:

Blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk2BuZn3Nxg&feature=related

Brew
IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

Grill

Steak and a Johnsonville Smoke Brat just started
IMG_1125.jpg

Finsh, but alittle over done again. I added some Texas Creek Ghost Fire to the steak, and some Defcon Habby Pony for the brat.

IMG_1126.jpg

Satch, that last pic was a bit weak. I expected more than a bent fork and over cooked steak and snausage, I want to believe you got more game than that!

The theory was there and I liked the effort, but the execution was a little lacking. Give it another go Wasatch

Ok I will play. Here is one of my favorite Blues tunes of all time along with one of my favorite Southern delicacies, and two of my favorite brews.

I give you: Stevie Ray, Blackened Catfish, and Victory Brewing Co.'s Hop Devil and Golden Monkey

100_7385.jpg

Put a generous amount of the blackening spice on and let it sit in the fridge overnight

100_7386.jpg

Rockin the cast iron on the grill. See the smoke coming off that thing?

100_7387.jpg

Gimme' 'dat catfish!! Wait a dadgum minute! That's blues, booze and blackened! hmmph. Dang rule breakers are everywhere breeding like flies!

Dammit why do I keep looking at these threads before dinner, my mouth is watering and my belly is groaning.

Gimme' 'dat catfish!! Wait a dadgum minute! That's blues, booze and blackened! hmmph. Dang rule breakers are everywhere breeding like flies!

Ok I know, but you go ahead and go into some of the Blues joints in New Orleans etc and tell them that blackened catfish should not be allowed in this thread and see what they say.

I'll look the other way on this one as I have seen you work before. The skirts steaks remember? I may fire up the UDS again this weekend. Watcha' doin'?

I have to work, but I will try to get the grill fired up again sometime soon. What's on tap for your legions of fans this weekend?

Back